• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
  3. Winning the Jackpot via Roulette

User Info: Wyrenth

Wyrenth
9 months ago#1
So, with wanting to wrap up the "Win a jackpot to get the statue for the little girl" side quest, I checked to see if anyone had any tips and saw on the PS4 version there was a useful tip.

I gave it a try, took a number of spins, but it seemed to work. Wanted to reinforce it here, since I'm using the Steam PC version.

The steps from the page:
- In Octagonia's VIP lounge, talk to the bunny girl next to the Jackpot pillar. She's the one that ends her dialog with "don't be a stranger."
- If before she tells you don't be a stranger she comments on how someone's going to win it soon, you're ready -- if she doesn't say it yet, rest at an inn or camp (I chose camp because I didn't have a lot of gold on hand and didn't want to dig it out of the bank). Don't save/reload, just keep passing time with rest until you go back and she has that comment.
- Go to the 200 coin table, and bet only on 12 and 14. I only bet 200 (a single token) on each one. It took a number of tries, but I spent less than 10 minutes probably on doing this. (Your mileage may vary.) My winner landed on 14.
- A side note, which may not be relevant, but I also won a normal 14 (without jackpot) during my playthrough. That may have been luck, but could also have been coding. Only mentioned here in case anyone else tries the same and we discover similar patterns.

Source by Zoderos, who got it from Reddit: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/179347-dragon-quest-xi-echoes-of-an-elusive-age/77013740
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
  3. Winning the Jackpot via Roulette
  • Topic Archived