You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Magic: The Gathering Arena
  3. is this game pay to win?

User Info: Opunaesala

Opunaesala
4 days ago#21
sahilmohammad posted...
Opunaesala posted...
sahilmohammad posted...
man, i am getting ass blasted in constructed, its pretty obvious you kinda need to spend $20 play some draft get good cards.

What are you playing, what is your card list? You don't need to spend anything, unless you are impatient.

that chaos and mayhem deck i used two mythic wc for phoenix and its the only addition i made to the deck.

I'm not really familiar with the pre-cons, so I will have to look it up. Arclight or Rekindling Phoenix? Did you remember to take 2 cards out of the deck for the Phoenix's?

Opunaesala
4 days ago#22
Wow, okay, that deck is bad. It only has a kind of vague sacking of creatures theme, so I assume you got a couple more Rekindling. You might want to look around for a better B/R decklist.

User Info: docmarth

docmarth
4 days ago#23
mohammed, ive found playing control makes you a better all around player, as you have to balance surviving a beatdown, while at the same time finding a win condition.

red and black is very one dimensional, and usually just revolves around 'killing all the things'.

Opunaesala
4 days ago#24
docmarth posted...
mohammed, ive found playing control makes you a better all around player, as you have to balance surviving a beatdown, while at the same time finding a win condition.

red and black is very one dimensional, and usually just revolves around 'killing all the things'.

Current R/B is great at burning the face, but requires some rare wildcards to get the Sword Point's and Risk Factor's. The rest is pretty easy to get.

docmarth
4 days ago#25
You mean R (red) B (black) right?

Your not talking about R (red) U (blue) are you?

I know it’s easy to get, but it’s still very one dimensional, and doesn’t really teach a lot of nuances about the game, except who to kill, and when to kill them.
14115411->memorize this
>mfw when theres blue in my mtg deck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoImFhORKpg

User Info: sahilmohammad

sahilmohammad
4 days ago#26
alright then what deck do you guys recommend i should build so i can start to farm in constructed to get gems for drafts.
NEVER GIVE UP

docmarth
4 days ago#27
I would learn to play well first, then worry about farming gold, later.
14115411->memorize this
>mfw when theres blue in my mtg deck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoImFhORKpg

Opunaesala
4 days ago#28
docmarth posted...
You mean R (red) B (black) right?

Your not talking about R (red) U (blue) are you?

I know it’s easy to get, but it’s still very one dimensional, and doesn’t really teach a lot of nuances about the game, except who to kill, and when to kill them.

Yes, I meant Red/Black. I am trying to help the TC farm first, get better at the game a little bit, then expand.
(edited 4 days ago)

Opunaesala
4 days ago#29
docmarth posted...
I would learn to play well first, then worry about farming gold, later.

I recommend the opposite, but you do what you think is better, TC.

docmarth
4 days ago#30
It’s just that, it’s easier to farm when winning comes naturally.
14115411->memorize this
  1. Boards
  2. Magic: The Gathering Arena
  3. is this game pay to win?