You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Warriors Orochi 4
  3. So why did this game flopped when it did what y'alls asked?

User Info: CircusMonster

CircusMonster
3 weeks ago#11
"If you dont count the extremely high sales in Japan, this game was a flop."
PSN: Applefudge1
Switch Friend Code:SW-3508-4376-1116

User Info: RevOn_DX

RevOn_DX
3 weeks ago#12
500,000 sales across the globe ain't flopping, especially for a Musou game. But haters gonna hate, I suppose
The official Color TV-Game 15 of GameFAQs
Fatal Frame for Smash Bros, please. Thank you :3
Raiden243 posted...
EinherjerShadow posted...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dualshockers.com/warriors-orochi-4-sold-extremely-high-91-initial-shipment-japan-according-media-create/amp/

Its always fun to see idiots thinking they know what they are talking about.

Yeah Japan sales who gives a s***. The peeps who s*** on 9 so much and demanded old formula, did not buy the game, or sticking with WO3U because it has content that people suddenly care about.

The fact is Koei went back and literally did what every fan demanded and none of them care.

Of course you dont give a s***, why would you give a s*** when proof is brought up? Only a s*** person would not give a s*** when s*** is presented to destroy their s*** agenda.

You cant say that not one of them cares. I care.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
3 weeks ago#14
Raiden243 posted...
EinherjerShadow posted...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dualshockers.com/warriors-orochi-4-sold-extremely-high-91-initial-shipment-japan-according-media-create/amp/

Its always fun to see idiots thinking they know what they are talking about.

Yeah Japan sales who gives a s***. The peeps who s*** on 9 so much and demanded old formula, did not buy the game, or sticking with WO3U because it has content that people suddenly care about.

The fact is Koei went back and literally did what every fan demanded and none of them care.

Apparently you're just going to double down on the stupid posts after being proved to be full of s***. Just a bitter 9 fanboy, lol.
Musou games used to sell more iirc.

Right now the game is too niche. And playing boss doesn't help.
...The Creator Of RyuKe...

User Info: Ner0nitas

Ner0nitas
2 weeks ago#16
Cause there is already the much better Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, with much more content.

Come on, use your brain for once.
Even the old formular is bad if you don't build a good game around it.

User Info: Sokarus

Sokarus
2 weeks ago#17
I haven't bought the game yet but probably will at some point. Back in the day I bought WO3 for full price and then WO3Z and WO3U came out with more content and a better fan response. I ended up feeling like, unless I bought the game again at full price, I was missing out so now I'm tempted to wait for the expansion installments from the outset.
PSN: EpicDamo

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
1 week ago#18
Basically all WO4 is is a quick and dirty cash grab with the minimum amount of content they could safely deliver to start earning revenue. Which in turn gives them time to fix their mistakes and expand on the content so that in a year or so they get to do another quick and dirty cash grab with the "Ultimate" version. Which is what should have been released in the first place.

It's not a new concept for KT. It's why you see all those Hyper and Z games released.

They give us partial games at first, and the finished product comes later on. Instead of just taking the extra time to make it right in the first place.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~

User Info: wombat013

wombat013
1 week ago#19
Because they added a pointless grind to level characters. You dont get enough growth points to level so you cant play who you want without replaying stages

The story is waaay shorter than Orochi 3

Way less side missions than 3

Almost no dlc missions compared to 3

Took away having all 3 chars on battlefield at once

You dont unlock some of the best and well known chars until far in to the game so if you want to enjoy someone for a long time you have to replay stages. In previous musou games, most chars are unlocked in time for you to play through a large chunk of the game with them.

We got 170 characters or whatever the numbers and only 50 story stages and 20 side missions and like 10 dlc missions.

The game is a poorly designed waste of potential.

User Info: jaigo2

jaigo2
5 days ago#20
wombat013 posted...
Because they added a pointless grind to level characters. You dont get enough growth points to level so you cant play who you want without replaying stages

The story is waaay shorter than Orochi 3

Way less side missions than 3

Almost no dlc missions compared to 3

Took away having all 3 chars on battlefield at once

You dont unlock some of the best and well known chars until far in to the game so if you want to enjoy someone for a long time you have to replay stages. In previous musou games, most chars are unlocked in time for you to play through a large chunk of the game with them.

We got 170 characters or whatever the numbers and only 50 story stages and 20 side missions and like 10 dlc missions.

The game is a poorly designed waste of potential.

Plus there's no way to modify stages like in WO3 and have all opponents be tigers for a stage.
  1. Boards
  2. Warriors Orochi 4
  3. So why did this game flopped when it did what y'alls asked?