• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambitions
  3. Benisons get overwritten?

User Info: psaltery

psaltery
2 months ago#1
I thought specific benisons were tied to specific formations but today when I used Free for All in the 2nd part of a 2-part battle the previous Marigan's Mania benison got replaced by Tejedura's Embrace.

Is this supposed to happen or maybe it only happens with Free for All or certain formations? Or are the 1-3 benison slots per formation indicative of something else like the ones that have 3-slots have a higher chance to activate more benisons?
Psalm 73:20: As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.

User Info: unwashed_masses

unwashed_masses
2 months ago#2
This is really weird and I'm hoping someone knows anything about this as well.

psaltery
2 months ago#3
This seems to happen for other formations as well so I'm not even sure why formations have 1 2 or 3 benison slots. Pretty confusing.
Psalm 73:20: As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.

psaltery
2 months ago#4
https://www.reddit.com/r/SaGa/comments/k9izpk/scarlet_grace_benison_got_overwritten/

same deal

User Info: Eretrad

Eretrad
1 month ago#5
So I'm poking through the Tips menu and saw this:

"The Celestials are fickle beings, however, so do not forget to offer up prayers on a regular basis. Once you have received a particular benison in a given formation, that benison is more likely to activate when that formation is selected."

I'm guessing benisons get overwritten to avoid having a formation permanently stuck with specific benisons, but any benisons you have registered are more likely be activated.

You could probably register your favorite formation with your favorite benison and equip roles that further increase that particular benison showing up. I haven't been testing long, but I've had Kada's Comfort show up in back-to-back rounds in the same fight. Nothing like two free aoe heals in my first two rounds of battle.

psaltery
1 month ago#6
Hmmm ... does that mean the formations which have more benison slots are better for benison activation? Of course I wouldn't want to rely on those things though to win a fight.
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambitions
  3. Benisons get overwritten?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A