• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambitions
  3. Rettin Blade/Master's Sword questions

User Info: CloakedMarauder

CloakedMarauder
2 months ago#1
I just finished the encounters in the Macha temple that drops it, and was wondering how useful it is to continue upgrading. Atm it's worse damage-wise than the Claymore I have, and once I get the first upgrade it's a little better but with no new techs that I can see. Was wondering if it was part of a longer quest chain or if it's really useful to keep upgrading long-term.

User Info: Synyard

Synyard
2 months ago#2
Yes. Unlike the regular greatsword line, it ends at Frigid Ice Sword, which has 59 power and a unique weapon tech. It’s also tied with the fully upgraded elemental Greatswords for the second most powerful greatsword, with only the fully upgraded secret weapon being stronger. For comparison, the final weapon on the typical greatsword path is the Dragonscale Blade at 48 attack and no unique techs. Quite a big difference.

You get the Frigid Ice Sword through upgrading Ettin’s Blade>(any)Master’s Blade>(any)Imperator>(any)Tataraichi>Glacial Ice Sword>Frigid Ice Sword.
Basically don’t get Calibour and you’re on the right path. Calibour just leads to Dragonscale Blade.

And it’s also the only practical way to get it. The Ice Sword, which also fully upgrades to Frigid Ice Sword, is only obtained as a rare drop from an enemy that only appears maybe once a file depending on story choices.

The upside to the normal greatsword path is that it upgrades through both standard and power weapon types for more techs. Ettin’s Blade path is all power.
"It's not working. The banana is not melting."
-Masaokis
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambitions
  3. Rettin Blade/Master's Sword questions
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A