• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambitions
  3. Are the other routes better than Urpina's?

User Info: Fioyl

Fioyl
3 months ago#1
I'm about 15 hours into Urbina's route. Admittedly, a good portion of that was grinding mats at the Hibernia mines until I felt like I'd outleveled the encounters. I just got back to Castle Parm.

It took a bit, but I've finally grown competent with the battle system, even if the amount of materials needed to upgrade weapons is super high compared to what I'm getting.

However, at this point I'm growing tired of feeling like I'm on rails, and it's definitely annoying not being able to go back to do events or recruit characters.

Is it worth it to keep going or should I just shelve the game?
This is no Zaku, boy! No Zaku!
XBL: Maurigan PSN/Steam: Fioyl

User Info: pretzelgm

pretzelgm
3 months ago#2
well if by "better" you mean more freedom, you should like Leonard's game. That said, even Urpina's game will open up to options after a while.

User Info: Synyard

Synyard
3 months ago#3
You’re nearing the end of Urpina’s first chapter, and the game is significantly less restrictive afterwards. For chapters 2 and 3, many more sidequests open up and you’re able to choose the areas you go to and in what order, leave quests in the middle of them and finish them later, explore and recruit characters at your leisure, etc. It’s pretty open like a typical SaGa game.

As for other protagonists...
Taria is about the same as Urpina, only less restrictive in the first chapter.
Balmaint is even more restrictive than Urpina, and it lasts for most of his game.
Leonard is almost completely unrestricted and his game is different from the others in that it doesn’t have chapters.
"It's not working. The banana is not melting."
-Masaokis

User Info: gogues

gogues
3 months ago#4
I had a more fun time on my second play through go simply because I understood the gameplay a whole lot better and knew what to shoot for.

User Info: Exa_Man

Exa_Man
3 months ago#5
gogues posted...
I had a more fun time on my second play through go simply because I understood the gameplay a whole lot better and knew what to shoot for.

Same here plus I loved how u can speed up the battle movements on a second run....
Not changing this sig until Disney surprises us with: STAR WARS: The Emperor's New Groove (or Force) or Capcom releases MM Legends 3 which is just as likely. :(

User Info: Fioyl

Fioyl
3 months ago#6
Exa_Man posted...
Same here plus I loved how u can speed up the battle movements on a second run....
oh yeah? That’s enough to get me hyped by itself.

I’m still bummed that I can’t backtrack and that there are so many missable last but I guess I can just replay her story.
This is no Zaku, boy! No Zaku!
XBL: Maurigan PSN/Steam: Fioyl

User Info: Exa_Man

Exa_Man
3 months ago#7
Fioyl posted...
oh yeah? That’s enough to get me hyped by itself.

I’m still bummed that I can’t backtrack and that there are so many missable last but I guess I can just replay her story.

Ditto. There are like 5 or 6 missable recruitable characters unique to just her saga/story that I may want to revisit to unlock.....after I finish Leonard's & Taria's first.
Not changing this sig until Disney surprises us with: STAR WARS: The Emperor's New Groove (or Force) or Capcom releases MM Legends 3 which is just as likely. :(
(edited 3 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambitions
  3. Are the other routes better than Urpina's?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A