• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambitions
  3. Question when doing Scarlet Shards quest

User Info: robotzombie

robotzombie
3 months ago#1
I'm currently in Taria chapter 2 doing scarlet shards and I have a question.

Are you locked into doing the shard in a specific area if you go to it? Or can you freely go through all the areas and then just follow through and complete whichever 4 you want?

I went to the Zegna area to do some trading and the girl showed up and told me about a shard. I didn't use my hairpin though. Do I HAVE to get this specific shard now, or can I skip it for another one if I want?
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." ~ Mark Twain

User Info: Exa_Man

Exa_Man
3 months ago#2
robotzombie posted...
I'm currently in Taria chapter 2 doing scarlet shards and I have a question.

Are you locked into doing the shard in a specific area if you go to it? Or can you freely go through all the areas and then just follow through and complete whichever 4 you want?

I went to the Zegna area to do some trading and the girl showed up and told me about a shard. I didn't use my hairpin though. Do I HAVE to get this specific shard now, or can I skip it for another one if I want?

@killerb255

.....I too want to know this since I just started Chpt 2 of Taria's legend and deliberately triggered the Scarlet Shard expedition with Sasha in Gradion. Can I go back north up to Termina after uncovering the first one in order to visit the Lady of the Manor? I think her name is Kreisa and I want to recruit her as well.
Not changing this sig until Disney surprises us with: STAR WARS: The Emperor's New Groove (or Force) or Capcom releases MM Legends 3 which is just as likely. :(
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: killerb255

killerb255
3 months ago#3
Exa_Man posted...
@killerb255

.....I too want to know this since I just started Chpt 2 of Taria's legend and deliberately triggered the Scarlet Shard expedition with Sasha in Gradion. Can I go back north up to Termina after uncovering the first one in order to visit the Lady of the Manor? I think her name is Kreisa and I want to recruit her as well.

The moment you trigger a common quest, you can go anywhere you have access to. So yes, you can go back to Termina to recruit Kreisa.

In fact, with Chapter 2 Scarlet Shards, I highly recommend you recruit characters (Francis, Luna, Adill, Hongswan, do the first step for Aslana) before blowing up shards whenever possible.

The only character out of that list that you can’t recruit without blowing up a shard is Hongswan.

• You can recruit Francis and get out of Gradion instead of going into the mines for the shard.
  • You can recruit Luna and then get out of the Northeast Boundary instead of going to the shipwreck to get the shard.
  • You can go through Caprese Rumor 1 to go through the Aslana events, and then get out of Bicyniro instead of finishing the rumor chain or starting Anchiano or Pescara’s chains.
  • Finally, you can recruit Adill at the Walomir Quarters in Megdasse by saying “Let’s do this together” and then getting the hell out of Megdasse instead of fighting the tornado.

That being said, if you grab those four characters, now you can decide which four shards you want, so you can do something like this:

1) Go to Numadica to get Hongswan and blow up Shard #1.

2) Go back to Megdasse to fight the tornado and light up the Walomir glyph. Go to the Walomir Settlement and Adill will give you Shard #2 to blow up.

That leaves the other two shards completely up to you. You have all the other characters that can be recruited this Chapter, you’re set up for Aslana if you do Chapter 3 Sigfrei and you don’t burn through all three rumor chains before then, and you’re set up for recruiting Hagar and (if you don’t have Socrates) Nolan regardless of what you pick for Chapter 3.
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambitions
  3. Question when doing Scarlet Shards quest
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A