• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambitions
  3. Need help on Taria/Phoenix route

User Info: Exa_Man

Exa_Man
3 months ago#11
killerb255 posted...
Have someone cast Rain of Life on Turn 1 (Mirane unless you’ve been training for hours with Taria or Arch Witch). Then make the enemy united attacks happen. It should take I think 3-5 of them to finish the battle.

BTW, I should have the Taria Walkthrough submitted before Christmas. :D

The biggest reason I chose the order Urpina - Balmaint - Taria - Leonard was mainly by order of how much the game holds your hand (although Bal is more linear than Urpina overall).

Unlike Urpina’s Chapter 1 where there’s a required objective in almost every region, Taria’s Chapter 1 only has maybe about a half dozen required objectives.

MERRY CHRISTMAS KILLERB255 ...and SYNYARD TOO!! Thanks for the great tips on the Chpt. 1 reborn phoenix, both of you. They worked like a charm, especially with all of my party members' mobility around roughly the same, even if low like 7 or so...... >_>

(btw, I just love it when the main character breaks the fourth wall and stares right at the player and thanks them personally for the assistance after an epic storyline chapter boss)

That was such a great, funtastic chapter-end boss fight, once I knew how it was meant to be fought. Can't thank you guys enough for the great tips. I am really enjoying the Taria storyline a lot, probably the most between it and Bal's and Urpina's (still yet to undergo Leonard's). The order I chose to go was Bal first (done & dusted); Urpy second (done & dusted) and now Taria and Non-Linear-d last since his is the most non-linear and someone told me that Bal's was the most straight-forward and linear, even moreso than Urpina, and gosh darn was he ever right on that.. I just love the witty, snarky banter between my boi 'Kahn' and Taria to bits. Especially when I started up Chpt.. 2 in Termina and saved blonde-whats-her-ass-mansion-witch from a gaggle of raven-wings. And Kahn commented on how he liked her "classiness" when she thanked them and invited them to her manor, to witch Taria immediately snapped back with a "never thought you were one for the classy girls, since I thought the "asleep on the tavern floor" was more your type." *snicker...chuckle....bwaHAHAHA...." I liked how Mr. Kahn-fident just laughed it off without even trying to deny that he also likes them drunk&crunk wenches. >:P

Sooooo....Mr. killerb255 SaGa-SGA boss man, how was your Christmas holiday season? How is the Urpina walkthrough coming along?? I just made a beeline straight to Gradion on Chpt 2 to join up with Sasha to hunt for them shards again in hopes of joining forces with her eventually. The walkthrough (which I'm sure is almost done) for the next two chapters would come most handy for this SSGA traveller assisting Taria on her Ambitious SaGa. >;)
Not changing this sig until Disney surprises us with: STAR WARS: The Emperor's New Groove (or Force) or Capcom releases MM Legends 3 which is just as likely. :(
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: killerb255

killerb255
3 months ago#12
I ran into a minor snafu with the Taria Walkthrough and that’s with trigger regions.

Just when I thought I knew what regions triggered what, I discovered things:

• Provincia Kei can trigger Earth Serpent.
  • @Synyard mentioned not being able to trigger Sigfrei by going to Cindrea and back. Yeah, I ran into this as well. I think the Cindrea-and-back trick only works for Chapter 3. So the only way to trigger Sigfrei in Chapter 2 is going to Normi and saying no to Sasha. This means no Urpina Kidnapping Events for Chapter 3 as you can’t refuse Sasha’s request in more than one Chapter, and she’s blocking the only path to Rhonicum (unless triggering from Kei allows for something special, which I doubt).
  • Jusitania also triggers Scarlet Shards but it almost never matters in the long run.
Also found that just a simple copy-and-paste for Chapter 2 and 3 from the Urpina and Balmaint Walkthroughs is not enough. For Chapter 2 Scarlet Shards, things work out closer to what happens with Balmaint (four Shards = event ends). For Chapter 2 Earth Serpent, it’s very much like Balmaint. For Sigfrei, however, since Taria’s a lot wiser than Urpina, some of Siggy’s trolling doesn’t work on her (you’ll never have the option to fight the Mare Termina monster, for example). On the other hand, Northeast Boundary ALWAYS leads to a fight with Sigfrei no matter how many mines you dig up. Cereneif’s events are slightly different (doing nothing about the shrooms always leads to a double encounter instead of a choice and Taria/Kahn don’t get crucified like Urpina/Mondo do). I’m about to test Ria and Bicyniro now.

User Info: Synyard

Synyard
3 months ago#13
Low mobility isn’t necessarily a bad thing, unless you use a lot of techs that scale with mobility(like martial arts). A lot of strategies work a lot better with slower characters, and it’s why slower characters like Strumiknen, Snail, or Maximius aren’t really worse off for it. But I do typically recommend a variety of mobility stats, with some high, some mid, and some low just to keep options open and united attacks easier.

Yeah, I liked when Taria turned towards the screen and thanks the player. Seems in character for her.

Taria’s game easily cemented Kahn as one of my favorite characters. I love his goofy nonchalant attitude. Just as Leonard’s game put Elisabeth as my favorite. This game has surprisingly good characterization.

Edit: I did Urpina kidnapping by Scarlet Shards > Earth Serpent my first Taria playthrough. I don’t remember exactly how I triggered the chapters, though.

Also, my last playthrough(or my current one) is Sigfrei chapter 3, and that’s the one where I was having trouble triggering Sigfrei. But I had done Earth Serpent chapter 2 without ever encountering Sasha, so I just had to turn her down to start it. I wonder if going back and forth from Cindrea only works if you’ve done Scarlet Shards in a previous chapter? I’m pretty sure I did that on my first Taria game and started Sigfrei but reloaded because I wanted Earth Serpent.

"It's not working. The banana is not melting."
-Masaokis
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Exa_Man

Exa_Man
3 months ago#14
No wonder my Tomato kinda sucks. His mobility is almost as low as Snail's (whom is pretty great & handy nonetheless) and I made the mistake of making him the resident martial artist throughout the first chapter. His Flying Kick is not too shabby though.

But so far Khan is my MVP and definitely an S-tier character, especially when it comes to his personality.
Not changing this sig until Disney surprises us with: STAR WARS: The Emperor's New Groove (or Force) or Capcom releases MM Legends 3 which is just as likely. :(

User Info: killerb255

killerb255
3 months ago#15
Ok, more Taria Common Quest triggering Shenanigans:

I just plowed through Chapter 2 Sigfrei (Normi, Refuse Sasha) -> Chapter 3 Earth Serpent (Kei).

You can recruit Maximus, but keep him in your Retinue during the Marigan Temple events or else he'll leave your Party. This happens if you trigger from Thracini or Kei (except if you trigger from Kei, the Golems won't appear in the Region). Also Sigfrei does make an appearance during the usual five-part boss marathon in the end. ;)

Sasha also makes an exception to the "Don't refuse me two Chapters in a row" rule if you go to Gradion. If you go to Normi or Jusitania, she won't let you refuse and Scarlet Shards will start.

I'm going to try plowing through Chapter 2 Sigfrei (Normi, Refuse Sasha) -> Chapter 3 Earth Serpent (Rhonicum, refuse Sasha in Gradion) and see if there's anything different about the events than if Scarlet Shards was Chapter 2.

Then I'll try Earth Serpent -> Sigfrei and Scarlet Shards -> Sigfrei to see if the "Cindrea to Termina" trick only works with one of the two combinations or if it works for both.
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambitions
  3. Need help on Taria/Phoenix route
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A