• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Metalhero

Metalhero
5 months ago#1
This might be an odd question, but how good are roles that increase max BP in the late game?

I ask because I like to make my team out of the best characters I come across and I like to weigh the character’s roles for that purpose. They seem excellent, but if there are good late game formations with high max BP, it may end up being a wash. Or if late game fights don’t last long enough for that to be important.
I just finished chapter 1 of Urpina’s story for reference.

Thanks for any insight anyone can offer me.

User Info: killerb255

killerb255
5 months ago#2
I like to use the Black Sheep formation with a Bullrusher or two myself.

User Info: Synyard

Synyard
5 months ago#3
Yes, they’re good in general but especially so when combined with Bullrusher.

Since you start with more BP with Bullrusher, you reach the max faster. With 2 Bullrushers and a typical formation, it’s only 2 turns until you’re maxed out. So you likely would reach the max and you’d wish it could go higher.

You can only stack 2 roles to increase max BP, so I almost always have 2 with Bullrusher and 2 with Diverter.
"It's not working. The banana is not melting."
-Masaokis

User Info: Krankor

Krankor
5 months ago#4
So far I haven't had much use for the ones that raise max BP and also haven't used roles to increase starting BP. When I've felt like I've needed more BP breathing room (or was focused on training some expensive tech) I've gone with the weapon-specific ones that reduce BP cost.

I can easily see the BP-raising ones making a bigger difference in the harder optional fights I haven't tried yet, though.

Synyard
5 months ago#5
Honestly I don’t think there is anything you can get from roles that is stronger than increased starting BP. It’s not like it’s +2 BP once, it’s +2 for every round until you would hit the max. Which is then why raising the max is also so good.

Like, you typically get 4+5+6 BP worth of damage your first 3 turns. So 15 over the first 3 turns.
But with 2 Bullrushers you get 6+7+8 BP. So 21, or 6 more than without Bullrusher.

If you raise the max BP so you can progress past 3 turns to 5 turns, you get 30 total BP with no Bullrusher and 40 total BP with. It really does add up in a big way.

More starting and max BP also gives the very nice bonus of giving you more BP to spend, letting you spark and master techs quite a bit faster. I mean, if you’re getting 10 more BP a battle, in just 10 battles you’re 100 more BP towards your next spark than you would have otherwise been.
-Masaokis

User Info: Metalhero

Metalhero
5 months ago#6
Thanks for the insight everyone, I really do appreciate it.

Would the opposite be true? In that roles that lower maximum BP are likely not worth it? I ask since I recruited Roh Sung that comes with a role that increases the party’s defense at the cost of maximum BP. Increasing the party’s defense seemed invaluable to me, but I’m not sure if I would want him as my main backup mage over Solon then. (Elysed is staying as my main mage.)

I’ve also been mainly only using Urpina’s Royal Hearts formation, and found that max 8 BP was usually enough for the battles I’ve been facing so far, for reference. I was planning to pair it with Yohman’s unique role for equilibrium.

Synyard
5 months ago#7
I always stay away from roles that lower BP in any way. Whatever the temptation is, it’s just not worth it. It’s just less utility, less damage, less progress towards your next spark, etc. BP is the most valuable resource you have.

And I wouldn’t completely rule out a character just because they have a unique role that you may not want to use. You could just use a different role. There are tons of unique roles that aren’t that great and are overshadowed by learnable roles.
-Masaokis
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A