• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambitions
  3. Typical SaGa: game's addictive af once you break out of its learning curve

User Info: jw91

jw91
4 months ago#1
Holy hell, I can't stop. All I want to do is get done with work/life so I can get back to it. This hasn't happened to me since I was a teenager. I was initially skeptical of the game because of its obviously low production values, but it has surprised me so far.

As an added bonus I'm also playing on Switch so I can play on the go.

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
4 months ago#2
Yeah this game is super addictive, I love it :)
http://thaao.net/unsaga/
My Unlimited Saga fan site and guide

User Info: Synyard

Synyard
4 months ago#3
Yeah, what’s been keeping me hooked is that it really has one of the best battle systems I’ve ever played. I’ve always loved SaGa systems, but sometimes they seem a little simple, even though there’s always a lot of hidden depth.

But this game has it all. Huge roster of characters that are varied, every character capable with multiple weapons, status ailments are useful and effective, reaction abilities are great, counters have their uses, moving the turn order around through techs, everything is extremely customizable like the weapon subtypes, roles, armor, tech ranks, battle formations, and it just goes on. I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen this many effective options for strategy in an RPG. The battles are just so engaging because your best play changes every round because you have so many viable options.
"It's not working. The banana is not melting."
-Masaokis

User Info: NSGraphite

NSGraphite
4 months ago#4
Its quite good. The storybook presentation was not nearly as much of a hinderance as I thought it would be and the combat is as good as ever.
PS4 at 115 million baby!

User Info: gogues

gogues
4 months ago#5
The way they handle glimmers might be the best in the series.

User Info: Synyard

Synyard
4 months ago#6
gogues posted...
The way they handle glimmers might be the best in the series.
Oh yes, definitely.
"It's not working. The banana is not melting."
-Masaokis

User Info: TonyRodney

TonyRodney
3 months ago#7
Yes it is.
I once boxed my ferret and lost
San Antonio Spurs ForeverFan
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambitions
  3. Typical SaGa: game's addictive af once you break out of its learning curve