What do you need help on? Cancel X
- Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
Character Recruitment 1.4:
- Filled in more blanks (quotes, stats, etc.)
- New entry: Can Send on Mission. If "Yes," then you can send this character on
a Mercenaries Guild Mission. If "No," then you can't.
- Updates to reflect what does and does not work after completing both the
Urpina and Balmaint Walkthroughs. Examples:
-- Recruiting Francis: There is a way to recruit him without the baby
-- Recruiting Ogniana: Watch those Intermissions!
-- Balmaint's Story Intermissions: Corrected some errors in the Terminology
Urpina Walkthough 1.2:
- Fixed more syntax errors. Yeah, no spell check in Notepad++, and even then, it
wouldn't catch half of the terms in this game anyway. :D
- Found that Chapter 2 [Sigfrei] -> Chapter 3 [Phoenix] still leads to a Savnok
fight regardless of which Chapter 1 route is taken, and that part has been
- Added a bit more detail to some of the Chapter 3 [Sigfrei] Endgame forks that
depend on Troll Points.
- Filled in some more Ending info.
- Per Jitawa from the GameFAQs Message Boards, added a caveat to the first part
of Chapter 1: if you defeat the monsters in Tveak Tower before the Earth
Serpent's hole appears, you won't have the southern escape (Bicyniro) option--
it's either Jusitania or you're snek and golem food!
- Per scar the 1 from the GameFAQs Message Boards, reworded some parts of the
Chapter 1 section to avoid sounding like you have to grind until eternity, as
trading/bartering is not available until blacksmith rank 5 (V), and that can
actually take a while to reach for new players when playing at a reasonable
- Also per scar the 1, the [BLACK-ROBE] route's final boss is the same as the
[RESCUE] route's, not the standard snek battle. This has been corrected.
- Removed the "Antonius Rescue Route" entry from the Terminology section--while
it makes sense to have that there in the Character Recruitment FAQ, it makes
little sense to have it here in a Walkthrough--it's covered in the appropriate
part of Section 1.12.
- Added a "Tying Up Loose Ends" section to the beginning of Section 4 to cover
Side Quests that haven't been covered in previous versions of this guide. It
worked pretty well for the Balmaint Walkthrough for each Part, but doesn't work
as well for Urpina since doing Side Quests during Common Quest events can some-
times muck things up, so I saved this section for Endgame.
Balmaint Walkthough 1.1:
- Lots of copypasta fails from sections of the Urpina Walkthrough transferred
to this one that are fixed now.
- Corrected the ending part of second Intermission [Phoenix]: you can only end
in Azhuacan if Bicyniro is not accessible. Otherwise the Azhuacan events are
different (it becomes just another Objective and not the Final Objective)
- Endgame details about what happens when you fight that three-part marathon
boss battle in the Central Palace.
- Filled in details for all but Endings 1 and 2. As a result, there is a
SPOILER warning in that section!
- A SIXTH ending--third Arthur-specific ending at that! I got this by trying
for both Arthur-specific endings using my Ultimate Branch Save! I figured
getting Arthur to 15th place among my top 15 most used Party Members would
switch from one ending to another. Well...it did, but not the ending I
expected. See the Endings section for more info (again, if you don't mind being
I just started on the Taria Walkthrough Guide and corresponding 19th Playthrough, so it'll be a couple of weeks before the Taria Walkthrough is released.
19 playthroughs?! That’s a tremendous effort, glad someone has made the effort to ‘decipher’ this game though.
Killerb255....you are a bonafide GAMER GOD!!!!!!!
Not changing this sig until Disney surprises us with: STAR WARS: The Emperor's New Groove (or Force) or Capcom releases MM Legends 3 which is just as likely. :(
Just a little thing, but you can actually recruit Black-Robed Figure in Chapter 2, can't remember exactly what I did, but I refused Sasha then completed the baby quest in some way, and was able to get him before I started any of the common quests for Chapter 2.
That's interesting, @Kenaryu_77 . It also makes sense since the events that trigger the Black-Robed Figure's appearance occurred late in Chapter 1.
This game has SO many conditional flags...
That's interesting, @Kenaryu_77 . It also makes sense since the events that trigger the Black-Robed Figure's appearance occurred late in Chapter 1.It really does, I actually ended up having to do an extra playthrough because I gave the baby to Francis and it made Armored Maiden not show up.
It really does, I actually ended up having to do an extra playthrough because I gave the baby to Francis and it made Armored Maiden not show up.
Was that with Taria or Balmaint?
Man, I admire you so much for all the effort you've put into this game!
My Unlimited Saga fan site and guide
Was that with Taria or Balmaint?Taria, dunno if the same would happen for Balmaint, or if it would mess up getting Black-Robed Figure with Urpina, but since they're all linked to going back to the spot the baby was at I'd imagine so.
- Topic Archived