• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
1 year ago#1
Glimmering new magic can be confusing, and it's changed for the Ambitions version of the game for anyone who played the original Vita release in 2016.

This is a hidden mechanic, so if you're rather discover it on your own, don't read any further.

There are five schools of magic and four spells in each school. Each spell is divided into one of four tiers, so each school has one spell from each tier.

At the end of a battle where a staff user fights, there is a potential to summon a Flux of magical energy. You can then absorb the Flux into a spell of your choice on one of your casters.

Depending on the type of staff you have equipped and which spell you absorb Flux into, you may have a chance of glimmering a new magic spell.

Note that this is translated form the Japanese page here:
https://kamikouryaku.com/saga_sg/?%E8%A1%93%E9%96%83%E3%81%8D%E6%B4%BE%E7%94%9F

So I don't know the terms used in English version other than the names of the schools.

If you use a 'forward-reaching' staff, you will attempt to learn the next tier up in the same school (so Aes tier 1 spell absorbing Flux has a chance to glimmer Aes tier 2).

If you use a 'backward-reaching' staff, you will attempt to learn the next tier down (Unda tier 2 spell absorbing Flux will have a chance to glimmer Unda tier 1).

With those two staves, I think (unless this also changed and I missed reading it) the tiers "loop," so the next tier up after tier 4 is tier 1, and the next tier down after tier 1 is tier 4.

If you use an elemental staff and absorb Flux into a spell from that element, you will attempt to learn the next tier up in that school (Aes tier 1 with Aes staff will glimmer Aes tier 2). If you use an elemental staff and absorb Flux into a spell from a different element of the staff, you'll attempt to glimmer the same tier of the absorbing spell but in the school of the staff (Terra tier 3 with Ignis staff will glimmer Ignis tier 3).

There's also a "fundamentalist" type staff that will glimmer the same element of the absorbing spell, but one tier lower (Ignis tier 4 will glimmer Ignis tier 3), unless you're using a tier 1 spell, in which it will glimmer one of the other schools' tier 1 spells. It goes in the order Natura > Ignis > Terra > Aes > Unda.

There is also a minimum level requirement for each tier of spells. You must reach that level in that school of magic with that character in order to glimmer that tier of spell for that school.

Tier 1 spells require level 0.
Tier 2 spells require level 1.
Tier 3 spells require level 8.
Tier 4 spells require level 18.

List of spells and tiers (again, this is based on Japanese names; I've only seen a couple spells in the English version so far)

NATURA SPELLS

T1 - Thorn Bind
T2 - Restoration
T3 - Lightning Call
T4 - Tailwind

IGNIS SPELLS

T1 - Hard Fire
T2 - Heroism
T3 - Flash Fire
T4 - Crimson Flare

TERRA SPELLS

T1 - Supergravity
T2 - Sleep
T3 - Earth Heal
T4 - Debris Flow

AES SPELLS

T1 - Holy Grail
T2 - Armor Bless
T3 - Siren
T4 - Spire

UNDA SPELLS

T1 - Poison Mist
T2 - Water Gun
T3 - Life Rain
T4 - Blizzard
http://thaao.net/unsaga/
My Unlimited Saga fan site and guide

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
1 year ago#2
thanks!

User Info: Synyard

Synyard
1 year ago#3
Wow thank you!
"It's not working. The banana is not melting."
-Masaokis

User Info: bdragan18

bdragan18
1 year ago#4
Very helpful. Thank you!
Eh.
(message deleted)

User Info: fractalvoid

fractalvoid
1 year ago#6
Thanks, this actually clears things up for me. After quite a bit of fluxing into Gwen’s Siren spell (using transitory staff she starts with- it does mention something about learning basic spells...) she finally glimmered Holy grail (T1 aes). And now the flux screen shows Holy Grail has a “miniscule change to glimmer an unda spell”...is this the only way for her to start learning Water spells then? Hoping my q actually makes sense lol

User Info: VvL0n3w0lfvV

VvL0n3w0lfvV
1 year ago#7
Sticky requested
gt: Vv L0n3w0lf vV
Pawn : Serah

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
1 year ago#8
fractalvoid posted...
Thanks, this actually clears things up for me. After quite a bit of fluxing into Gwen’s Siren spell (using transitory staff she starts with- it does mention something about learning basic spells...) she finally glimmered Holy grail (T1 aes). And now the flux screen shows Holy Grail has a “miniscule change to glimmer an unda spell”...is this the only way for her to start learning Water spells then? Hoping my q actually makes sense lol

Yeah, sounds like that's your main way to learn Unda spells for now. You can also get an Unda staff, of course, and Flux into any non-Unda spell and it will try to glimmer the Unda spell same tier as the Flux-absorbing spell.
http://thaao.net/unsaga/
My Unlimited Saga fan site and guide

User Info: NSGraphite

NSGraphite
1 year ago#9
its interesting that you can actually spark spells in this one.
PS4 at 115 million baby!

User Info: gogues

gogues
1 year ago#10
NSGraphite posted...
its interesting that you can actually spark spells in this one.

Kinda reminds me of Saga Frontier where, if you received the ‘gift’ of a school of magic, you had a chance to learn a new spell of that type after each battle that you used it.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A