Why do people WANT cuts?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why do people WANT cuts?

User Info: Terra-enforcer

Terra-enforcer
4 months ago#21
Aside from FE haters, I doubt people want cuts, we just expect them.
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-3032-7898-9500
http://psnprofiles.com/Terraforce777 http://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Rayquaza487

User Info: Thanos6

Thanos6
4 months ago#22
Guybrush_Three posted...
Alphrin posted...
In a fighting game, you can only control the character you select, not the characters your opponent selects. And in a fighting game, half of the exprience is determined by which character your opponent selects. So if you hate fighting a certain character, it can be beneficial to your gameplay experience if that character is cut, because then you never have to fight that character anymore.

Is it selfish? Sure. But don't act like there's no personal benefit to be had.

This is the only post in the entire topic that needs to be said.

a fighting game with only 2 character to select could be just as if not more deep then one with 200 character roster. its also much more likely to be balanced and not full of characters that are a waste of time picking.

I do get this is supposed to be a party game so its all from your point of view. if you want the game to have more character's in your probably less worried about the balance of the game and more about the aesthetics with btw I have no problem with.

I'm not sure I'd call Smash a "party game," but I would say "less serious, more chaotic fighting game."
"What a fool!" "He has defeated us numerous times, what makes him think he can do it again?" -Krankor and Tom Servo

User Info: Captainjiggz_

Captainjiggz_
4 months ago#23
Thanos6 posted...
Guybrush_Three posted...
Alphrin posted...
In a fighting game, you can only control the character you select, not the characters your opponent selects. And in a fighting game, half of the exprience is determined by which character your opponent selects. So if you hate fighting a certain character, it can be beneficial to your gameplay experience if that character is cut, because then you never have to fight that character anymore.

Is it selfish? Sure. But don't act like there's no personal benefit to be had.

This is the only post in the entire topic that needs to be said.

a fighting game with only 2 character to select could be just as if not more deep then one with 200 character roster. its also much more likely to be balanced and not full of characters that are a waste of time picking.

I do get this is supposed to be a party game so its all from your point of view. if you want the game to have more character's in your probably less worried about the balance of the game and more about the aesthetics with btw I have no problem with.

I'm not sure I'd call Smash a "party game," but I would say "less serious, more chaotic fighting game."

Smash is a party game. The main selling point is playing with 4 players.
Even Sakurai believes 1v1 is just optional.
A Captain, and a salesman for FLAMGEAR products
"Against lolis like MArio, DK, Zelda." -Supershadonic

User Info: HylianHobbit

HylianHobbit
4 months ago#24
Thanos6 posted...
HylianHobbit posted...
Because, believe it or not, their presence in the game keeps out characters who deserve to be in the game far more. If cutting 2 Fire Emblem characters could mean getting K Rool and a Metroid character, I would do it in a heartbeat.

I'd rather go without a character I love, then get that character but at the expense of making someone else lose their favorite.

But does anyone actually like Wii Fit Trainer?
The Shadow Temple is before the Spirit Temple.

User Info: uberking422

uberking422
4 months ago#25
HylianHobbit posted...
Because, believe it or not, their presence in the game keeps out characters who deserve to be in the game far more. If cutting 2 Fire Emblem characters could mean getting K Rool and a Metroid character, I would do it in a heartbeat.

That's never a guarantee, and it's silly to bargain over imaginary character points just to get your dream roster.

User Info: joelenheimer

joelenheimer
4 months ago#26
Thanos6 posted...
I can understand talking about "if characters have to go, which ones would you prefer" and things like that, but why are some people actively pushing for characters to get cut?

There's certainly characters in Smash that I hate, loathe, and despise; characters whom I play the bare minimum with to unlock things and then never touch again; but I don't want them gone. I know they have fans of their own who enjoy them, and I don't want to take away their fun.

And besides that, I'd lose my favorite punching bags. :)

Clone characters like Lucina. The only difference between her and Marth is spacing and percentages. I love Lucina but c'mon, she's unnecessary.

User Info: Thanos6

Thanos6
4 months ago#27
joelenheimer posted...
Thanos6 posted...
I can understand talking about "if characters have to go, which ones would you prefer" and things like that, but why are some people actively pushing for characters to get cut?

There's certainly characters in Smash that I hate, loathe, and despise; characters whom I play the bare minimum with to unlock things and then never touch again; but I don't want them gone. I know they have fans of their own who enjoy them, and I don't want to take away their fun.

And besides that, I'd lose my favorite punching bags. :)

Clone characters like Lucina. The only difference between her and Marth is spacing and percentages. I love Lucina but c'mon, she's unnecessary.

So again, why cut her?

I can understand making the argument "she never should have been added in the first place" but now that she's already here, why remove her? She takes minimal tweaks to Marth, and if you cut her, some players lose their favorite character. Every character is somebody's favorite.
"What a fool!" "He has defeated us numerous times, what makes him think he can do it again?" -Krankor and Tom Servo

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
4 months ago#28
They're compensating for some inadequacy in their life, I guess?

I mean, Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit are useless as far as additions go, but at worst they're disposable. Even if they keep their differing stats from Mario, Marth, and Pit, they should still be junctioned into their slots. It just looks kind of tacky to have three characters that are nearly identical to three others.

User Info: WeaverSerawl

WeaverSerawl
4 months ago#29
Because if we cut Dark Pit he'll obviously be replaced by Ridley

I'm going to main Dark Pit just to piss off the haters
For the record I'm a woman, trans, but a woman nonetheless
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05SuFO2fn-g

User Info: Odyssey382

Odyssey382
4 months ago#30
HylianHobbit posted...
Thanos6 posted...
HylianHobbit posted...

I'd rather go without a character I love, then get that character but at the expense of making someone else lose their favorite.

But does anyone actually like Wii Fit Trainer?

I enjoyed playing as her sometimes
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why do people WANT cuts?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived