• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. YR:10 characters are added, 5 are cut, and Smash 5 has a Subspace 2

User Info: IceCreamOnStero

IceCreamOnStero
1 month ago#1
Details:

-10 added characters are anyone you want, no limits

-5 cuts are again, anyone you

-Decloning counts as an add, but not a cut

-Subspace 2 has the following things

-Every character in the game features with at least a decently important role. No one is getting the Jigglypuff treatment

-The mode has the same general structure as OG Subspace. Cutscenes, stages with mixes of platforming, 1v1 fights and fighting generics and bosses here and there

-Characters who speak in their original games speak in Subspace. Characters who do not communicate with grunts and other such noises. The talking characters can understand it.

-The engine is either Ultimate's or your ideal Smash engine

-Maps will range from having the aesthetics of stages within the game, completely original aesthetics, and aesthetics referencing games within Smash that aren't fully fledged stages

-Most enemies are generic.

-Cutscene shots where you pick who to play as from the original Subspace are expanded upon. The first character you choose will alter the stage. Some may be drastic, others small.

-Expanding on the further point, music will be dynamic too. For example if you pick DK it'll play one song (most likely a DK song) but if you pick Mario instead it'll play something else.

-Character switching can be done on the fly with Shield + Special or something. Each stage starts you off with 1 stock per character. Certain stages will have additional stocks that can only be used up once you get wiped, and once you do you can select which character is assigned the additional stocks, but a character can only get two stocks if all characters have recieved one already. Some examples

-Stage has 5 available stocks. Start stage with Fox, Falcon, Megaman. You get 1 Fox stock, one Falcon stock and one Megaman stock (can switch characters). Once those 3 are gone, you can assign the remaining two stocks to any two of Megaman Fox or Falcon, but they can't get 2 stocks since you'd be leaving to two out

-Stage has 9 available stocks. Start with DK, Link, Joker and Kirby. They get one stock each. When they get wiped, you get another stock for each, plus an extra one for whoever you choose since you've already got a stock for everyone

Thoughts?
Dokkan ID: 2365415872

User Info: Justamemeguy

Justamemeguy
1 month ago#2
I’d add:
-Waluigi
-BWD
-Midna
-Shadow
-Metal Sonic (not Tails, he can get snowglobed’)

(Assuming these guys don’t get into smash ultimate that is)
-Declone Ganondorf
-Convert ‘clone’ Ganondorf into Blood Falcon
-Master Chief
-Rework Sonic

I’d cut:
-K. Rool
-Roy
-Chrom (I hate that guy and his recovery that can spike at ledge)
-Ice Climbers
-Plant

It’s a neat idea although Shield+B to switch characters is kinda lame but there’s practically no alternatives.
{Searching for a new signature}
Official Waluigi of SmashFaQs. {I'd be down for a Waluigi Mii Costume tho}

User Info: crazybenjamin

crazybenjamin
1 month ago#3
IceCreamOnStero posted...
-10 added characters are anyone you want, no limits

-5 cuts are again, anyone you
Can I also decide that Subspace 2 will make my headcanon canon?
SSBU Mains: Inkling, Mario
Headcanon: The blue and orange Inklings are best friends, and Mario is a mentor to them.

User Info: miguelnuva

miguelnuva
1 month ago#4
Adds

1. Master Cheif
2. Kratos
3. Dixie King
4. Issac
5. Sylux
6. Black Shadow(Ganondorf moveset)
7. Paper Mario
8. Goldeneye James Bond
9. Scorpion

De-clone
1. Ganondorf

Cuts.

1. Lucas
2. Pichu
3. Byleth
4.Young Link
5. Dr Mario

User Info: IceCreamOnStero

IceCreamOnStero
1 month ago#5
crazybenjamin posted...
Can I also decide that Subspace 2 will make my headcanon canon?
sure
Dokkan ID: 2365415872

User Info: crazybenjamin

crazybenjamin
1 month ago#6
IceCreamOnStero posted...
sure
Then here's the plan:

Newcomers
Giana (Giana Sisters)
Toad (Super Mario)
Quote (Cave Story)
Dragonborn (Skyrim)
Bandana Dee (Kirby)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
Flynn (SMT)
Midna (Legend of Zelda)
DJ Octavio (Splatoon)
Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)

Cuts
Piranha Plant
Corrin
Joker (This is my bias speaking, Flynn is considered as Joker's replacement)
Mr Game & Watch
Dr Mario

During Subspace 2, Mario teams up with Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy. The opening cutscene shows the two Inklings dueling against Ryu and Ken, in front of an audience. Also, in the ending cutscene, Mario unveils a statue that shows the two Inklings exchanging a fist bump
SSBU Mains: Inkling, Mario
Headcanon: The blue and orange Inklings are best friends, and Mario is a mentor to them.

User Info: Tag365

Tag365
1 month ago#7
Added:
>Skuntank (Pokémon)
>Grumpig (Pokémon)
>Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
>Ratchet & Clank (Ratchet & Clank)
>Master Chief (Halo)
>Langston Lickatoad (Viva Piñata)
>Sunflower (Plants vs. Zombies)
>Birdo (Mario)
>Whale (12 Tails Online)
>Punky (Punky Skunk)

Removed:
>Lucario
>Corrin
>Terry
>Byleth
>Pyra and Mythra

Now here is how I expect the new characters I selected to speak.

Skuntank and Grumpig are Pokémon species and they only spoke full English in text in the Mystery Dungeon series to my knowledge. Sackboy is not known to speak at all except due to voice chat activity in the main series and grunts and if I remember correctly a few English words in Sackboy: A Big Adventure. I expect those three characters to only speak in grunts in the game.

Ratchet & Clank, Master Chief, and Langston Lickatoad all have fully voiced sentences in the respective games so I expect those three characters to have voice acting in the game.

Sunflower in the Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare series makes grunts and sounds, but does not have voice acting in a known language. There are sunflower characters that have speak in non-voice acted text messages in a known language in some of the Plants vs. Zombies series, including Plants Vs. Zombies Heroes and Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville. I'm not sure if she would receive voice acting in the game or if she would speak in grunts only.

Birdo makes grunt noises and sometimes says Birdo in voice acting, but she only speaks a known language in text messages otherwise. I assume she would only speak in grunts in the game.

Both Whale and Punky have fully voice acted quips, with Whale speaking in both Thai and English, and both have text messages in known languages. I expect both would have fully voice acted sentences if they appeared in a game with voice acting, like the theoretical game described in the first post.
Mr. Skuntank

User Info: notok

notok
1 month ago#8
Newcomers
Bomberman
Agumon (digivolves)
Waluigi
Master Hand
Carmen Sandiego
Dark Matter
Midna
Toad
Sukapon
Metal Slug

if decloning counts imma cut toad for decloned dark samus

Cutting
ZSS
Dr. Mario
Young Link
Dark Pit
Plant probably

User Info: AzureFEF

AzureFEF
1 month ago#9
Added:
Azura
Anna
Junko & Monokuma
bokoblin (specifically botw)
Botw Zelda
Skull kid
Toad
Hatsune Miku
A creeper from minecraft
decloned dark samus

Cuts:
Min Min
Lucina
Piranha Plant
Dr. Mario
Byleth

I play too much fire emblem fates I literally have 1,700+ hours in total. I'm even rewriting and rebalancing the damn game.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. YR:10 characters are added, 5 are cut, and Smash 5 has a Subspace 2
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A