• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Like it or not (and I don't) a Dark Souls character is HIGHLY likely.

User Info: KingofUsa85

KingofUsa85
4 weeks ago#1
Like it or not a Dark Souls character is HIGHLY likely.
The Professor and Marianne here on Edelgan's isle!

User Info: bengever

bengever
4 weeks ago#2
I wish
Resident Xenoblade obsessive, because someone had to be.
Official Fuhrer [Persona 2] of the Smash Ultimate boards

User Info: Gnateb

Gnateb
4 weeks ago#3
I mean I think it's got a better chance than many give it credit for, but I wouldn't say HIGHLY likely. I just believe it's possible, y'know
Chosen Undead supporter (With a Bearer of the Curse alt, because Dark Souls II may or may not be my favorite)

User Info: 587Deathking

587Deathking
4 weeks ago#4
Ahh the google ad leaks
Reading internet jokes- http://tinyurl.com/qdxttnh
Reading a poorly written argument- http://tinyurl.com/o3f3nne

User Info: perfectchaos83

perfectchaos83
4 weeks ago#5
The more likely a character is perceived by this community, the less likely it becomes.
Blazblue Main and Subs
http://i.imgur.com/05lRF8f.png

User Info: _LouieG_

_LouieG_
4 weeks ago#6
As Gnateb said, Dark Souls has a better chance than most people acknowledged until like... I dunno, a couple weeks ago for some reason, but a "good chance" at this point isn't equivalent to HIGHLY LIKELY.

Dark Souls is a big series, one of the most significant and influential ones to come out of the last decade. Its success is palpable and it's already among some of Namco's most profitable IPs. Dark Souls is on Switch and it has an amiibo. All good stuff... but those Namco costumes are also a factor, and we've only got two characters left and dozens of iconic characters and series to choose from.
Smash Ultimate MW: Chorus Kids, Arle Nadja, Morrigan Aensland, Chun-Li
RIP Travis Touchdown

User Info: bengever

bengever
4 weeks ago#7
_LouieG_ posted...
but those Namco costumes are also a factor,
bingo, exactly why I don't think Dark Souls will happen. I'd love to be wrong though
Resident Xenoblade obsessive, because someone had to be.
Official Fuhrer [Persona 2] of the Smash Ultimate boards

User Info: Gnateb

Gnateb
4 weeks ago#8
perfectchaos83 posted...
The more likely a character is perceived by this community, the less likely it becomes.
See, this is what I'm afraid of.

I came to this board wanting to post about Dark Souls, because it's my favorite series along with Smash, and I've always thought it was unfairly written off during Smash speculation. Some people talked about it here, but I noticed people kinda just laughed DS off a lot of the time.

However, I don't want to do it too much. Whenever a character becomes "commonly speculated", they can quickly become hated by the community.

Not that I care, there'll just be less backlash to wade through if a Souls character does somehow get in.
Chosen Undead supporter (With a Bearer of the Curse alt, because Dark Souls II may or may not be my favorite)

User Info: Inferno7

Inferno7
4 weeks ago#9
It's way likelier than some of the most popular 3rd party picks though, if we are getting a 2nd Bamco rep it's either this or Lloyd
wouldn't be mad though, a stage from DS would be cool
''Sephiroth is not for children'' - Max Dood, 2020

User Info: Pokos

Pokos
4 weeks ago#10
dark souls is based
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Like it or not (and I don't) a Dark Souls character is HIGHLY likely.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A