• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. AMA because I am now Elite

User Info: EmmyGemstar

EmmyGemstar
2 months ago#241
TykiMikk posted...
Sorry I missed the day, I seen 22 and kicked myself. (Metaphorically)
XD It’s alright. Hey, if you saw it was the 22nd thank you still lol. I forget stuff right after it happened all the time. But yeah, it was really good. I can’t say I did much but I liked it that way.
I haven't been on Discord either.
Would you eat lightning? And crap thunder.
I like rainy weather.
I did fix it now so I’m back there, but hope you’re at least able to keep up your status quo?
Eat thunder, crap lightning, the real power play.
6 days would have to go by unless this board is busy.
What did you do to celebrate?
Did you get anything neat?
Ah okay, I didn’t know how long it takes for topics to purge here.
answered above. Not much. The main thing was reallly just eating pizza. My sister wants to see me but I don’t get along with her. Booooooo. We also have to be more careful because there’s a chance of another COVID breakout in my state (it started in the north last time, someone went to a major shopping center, but they also have way better tracing and are strict this time so…). Well, I’m lucky that I can say that instead of it being constant.
MONEY, When it’s my birthday I get a couple hundred dollars. I would only ask for gaming stuff because I’m sAtisfied with what I own like in figures, furniture, clothes, etc., whatever, so I just like saving money, lol. If I want something I guy it on sale.

Sundercles posted...
Is there a particular game or series you wish had another good entry?
I’ll say my #1 pick here is Skylanders. SWAP Force is a great game and the best one but it has slow aspects and the story/art could be lacking at times. I really really wanted a Skylanders game with the polish, modes, content, balance, etc. from SWAP Force but story and art + a couple missing features more like the first Skylanders game. To me that would have been a near-perfect game, and I can probably list off many ideas for my dream Skylanders game. Vicarious Visions, bless their soul, tried improving on SF gameplay in Superchargers but by that point Activision had meddled in development and strangled the game too much so while that game is very good you can tell some of it is very rushed and it doesn’t have as much content as it should.

I’m still bitter about the general perception toward Skylanders- the Spyro fandom is truly terrible and most of that perception is just them being babies and they still bring up one s***ty screenshot from literally a decade ago. I grew up with Spyro and saw the initial reveal, they need to shut up about it already because they went out of their way to piss on an entire other series.

Whining about that fandom aside: I always want more Crash, another Pokémon game I liked more would have been nice (and my dream game for that series is never gonna happen lol) but I’m okay with stopping at gen 7, I dunno, I’m usually pretty content with moving on and finding new experiences. It’s much easier for me to do things like name games I just had a few problems with and I wish they just ironed out or updated a few things, the kind of things you might see in updated rereleases and a few other design changes, maybe. I’d say the #1 case for that would be- New Leaf with better QoL. And I think Animal Crossing will never really be like that entry again since it’s much more mainstream now and for some reason New Horizons totally cut mini games, so much furniture, etc., I like New Horizons, but I hope they can do a lot more with the next game (I’m not even going to hold out for updates on NH).

And Mario Kart is a pretty good one for your original question. These days I notice a lot more that annoys me in Wii but it is still my favourite and I think the physics were going in a fantastic direction. They just do “good enough” with Mario Kart IMO (we’re never gonna see an MK that tries as hard or has as much content and unlockables and modes as CTR- I fear Animal Crossing is gonna end up going “good enough” like MK lol) and I really dislike the direction because the gameplay in both 7 and 8 feels very restricted and doesn’t have a very high skill ceiling. People can say what they want about Wii and some of the items really are ridiculous and can go against this but that game had the best skill ceiling in the series and I will die on that hill.

I will say. Re: Spyro. I like Dawn of The Dragon (I prefer it to the other two in a bubble actually) but that game should have been a better sequel, it’s so jarring next to the other two.

edit: parappa :(
"Make it your favorite quote from me"-Supersonic_Pain

User Info: Sundercles

Sundercles
2 months ago#242
I only played like the first three Spyro games and the first Skylanders so I’m pretty out of the loop on that. If I was a kid at the time I probably would’ve been suuuuuuper into it.

Crash is a similar issue, where I played the first three. I tried one of the later ones but can’t remember which one.

I’m kinda with you on Pokémon. The series kinda “ended” for me with Gen VII.

Now Mario Kart is one I should play more. The school bought it for me, but my class played it like once and then we went right back to Smash Bros. Double Dash was my favorite, but I’ve enjoyed them all.
Favorite series: Super Robot Wars, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, Tales, Megami Tensei, FF (I-X), Suikoden, Lunar, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, SoulCal, and more!

EmmyGemstar
2 months ago#243
Hey, they are famous for those games. But if you ever want to try another Skylanders game for some reason, then SWAP Force is the way to go. As a bonus, if you buy the toys, then tbh the prices just get ridiculous after that game because they messed up and cut down distribution. I will say, hard mode on SF is too easy, but you need to beat the game to unlock nightmare mode so that’s kind of crappy, and can give a weaker first impression. (I wouldn’t say that much of it is really hard anyway, but nightmare was pretty satisfying. Like, some characters still make it kinda easy but you can die in a couple of hits to most stuff. Which encourages actually using jump cancels and the juggling and otg. It’s nothing hardcore but it is very satisfying and because of the roster size and how much they did put in the game you get plenty to dig into.)

I never thought Crash got truly bad. I’d wager you played one of the Titans games?
admittedly if they made Spyro 4 I wouldn’t mind seeing that, but I guess with TFB being absorbed into CoD it’s just up in the air now. I wouldn’t say that I want it though, I’d wait on a sale on that or something. I have pretty mixed feelings about Reignited.

plus gen 7 was the last one to have the full dex. I wish it was a better “ending” to that series (not story-wise, I mean that it isn’t exactly the richest or best entry), but I don’t mind any of the gens that much.

Oh, and F-Zero new game please. God damn it when I like a racing game I REALLY like it and there just aren’t enough serious/good ones on the market. I’d really like to say it’s one of my favourite gaming genres because I always enjoy decent ones, even the decent ones I generally enjoy a lot, but then I look at how many I actually loved and it’s a very small list and I think it’s on a bit of a downward slope so I can’t say racing is one of my favourite genres so confidently. Hey, if Beenox could have made another CTR that would have been great actually (I’d just be curious to see their approach- NF is one of my favourite games ever, so I can’t really complain there or say I was dying for it) but somehow I feel like that’s not gonna happen.

Sundercles
2 months ago#244
I would never get back into Skylanders because of having to buy the friggin’ toys (I have way too much stuff already). I was working for a game store when it first came out, so I’d buy some when they’d go on sale. I ended up giving most of my Skylanders away to my neighbor kids at the apartment complex I was living in at the time. They had a really s***ty home life (like their mom wouldn’t even pay for heating so they’d sit inside their rooms in their winter coats), so I’d let them come over and play games, warm up, and give them stuff I was done with. I kinda miss those kids... I hope they turned out alright.

The random Crash game I last played was on 360 I think. I didn’t play it for long, just kinda to check in with the series. Since RPGs are my favorite genre and most of them are insanely long it’s hard to have time to play everything I’d like to. Plus I always preferred Spyro over Crash and I couldn’t even keep up with Spyro.

F-Zero is one I only played a handful of times, usually at a friend’s house. I’m not a racing fan, so I stick to combat racers like Mario Kart.
Favorite series: Super Robot Wars, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, Tales, Megami Tensei, FF (I-X), Suikoden, Lunar, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, SoulCal, and more!

EmmyGemstar
2 months ago#245
I’m sure there’s a way to get Skylanders playable “more easily”, but Activision have certainly made that a lot harder than uh, than it might be for amiibo, hypothetically.I wish I just knew a bit of Python and I could back up my own, I think.

Sundercles
2 months ago#246
EmmyGemstar posted...
I’m sure there’s a way to get Skylanders playable “more easily”, but Activision have certainly made that a lot harder than uh, than it might be for amiibo, hypothetically.I wish I just knew a bit of Python and I could back up my own, I think.
I should’ve known. LOL

Playing any video games (new or old) recently? I’ve finally gotten around to playing XBC2: Torna. I forgot SMT Nocturne was coming out, so I should probably go order that.

User Info: FMT_Player

FMT_Player
2 months ago#247
The Ancient Mother is a creature from Endless Ocean :3
Lover of fish, zombies, and Crash Bandicoot for Smash Bros :3

EmmyGemstar
2 months ago#248
Sundercles posted...
I should’ve known. LOL

Playing any video games (new or old) recently? I’ve finally gotten around to playing XBC2: Torna. I forgot SMT Nocturne was coming out, so I should probably go order that.
still rev2 lol. otherwise 3D World. Almost completed it. i guess bowser’s fury will be next. (haven’t played that at all)
fortnite was fun when i tried a bit of it. i’ll play it occasionally.

FMT_Player posted...
The Ancient Mother is a creature from Endless Ocean :3
i looked her up and she’s pretty!! huge whales are kind of inspiring. (: i don’t have a lot to say, but makes me happy.

User Info: FMT_Player

FMT_Player
2 months ago#249
Ya! Whales are awethome! c:

You ever see whales in real life? c:
Lover of fish, zombies, and Crash Bandicoot for Smash Bros :3

EmmyGemstar
2 months ago#250
nah. i didn’t go to swimming classes, so i’ve never been diving (if i tried to swim i think i’d do okay though). whales in aquariums or anything? no.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. AMA because I am now Elite
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A