• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Name a represented series with a toxic fanbase, and explain how.

User Info: Shadow_Saitama

Shadow_Saitama
2 months ago#1
Pokemon: Nostalgia freaks who act like their opinions are facts, and are toxic about the games they dislike to the point where they witch hunt those who approve of games they don't like. Lookin' at you DistantKingdom
It took a little over a month for 2021 to somehow be even worse than 2020.
3DS FC: 2767-5293-1709 Black Lives Matter

User Info: Chiimichangar

Chiimichangar
2 months ago#2
I'll name a few:

Minecraft
Just google "Dream SMP" and you'll be greeted with the latest strain of toxic content creator worshippers pretending like their ridiculous story and s***ty music careers are good. These people think Minecraft is the greatest game to ever exist and a lot of people are just getting into it either for attention or the latest generic s***ty YouTuber.

Sonic
Tbh it's not the entire fandom, but the Sonic fanbase gets WAYY too serious about the franchise and either is so critical that I question why they're even a fan of something they seem to hate so much of (like Star Wars fans) or so sensitive that any criticism of Sonic will push them over the edge instantly. Also, some of the fanart is amazing and some of it will make you want to bleach your eyes.

Persona
The fandom's full of cringe elitists. Nuff said.

Formerly known as Chimichangar and Signman. Somehow keeps returning.

User Info: Lyncario

Lyncario
2 months ago#3
Chiimichangar posted...
Persona
The fandom's full of cringe elitists. Nuff said.
The SMT fanbase is the one full of elitist, the problem of the Persona fanbase are the fake fans that never even played the game, yet say that Persona 5 is the best game of all time.
Touhou 18 confirmed, and Sakuya is back!
"Slave of blood! Rain of knives! Waste them all! DESTROY!" -Bloody Devotion, by Akatsuki Records

User Info: Kot_ID_Get

Kot_ID_Get
2 months ago#4
AC

space buns. enough said.
Wubba dubba dub is that true?

Chiimichangar
2 months ago#5
Kot_ID_Get posted...
AC

space buns. enough said.

Hahaha I remember that s***.

User Info: Grunfit

Grunfit
2 months ago#6
Banjo
The fanbase is filled with parasites who leeched off Smash to try to revive it. They’re entitled and insecure, and constantly make s*** up to try to make Banjo look more impressive than he actually is, since they’re unable to accept he was just a fad on the 90’s.

User Info: Invisble_egg

Invisble_egg
2 months ago#7
s
b
pew pew pew kaboom

Chiimichangar
2 months ago#8
Grunfit posted...
Banjo
The fanbase is filled with parasites who leeched off Smash to try to revive it. They’re entitled and insecure, and constantly make s*** up to try to make Banjo look more impressive than he actually is, since they’re unable to accept he was just a fad on the 90’s.

I almost included this one for pretty much the same reason but I decided to give em a break since they're already struggling for relevance 24/7

User Info: MaKoTiS_MoN

MaKoTiS_MoN
2 months ago#9
Grunfit posted...
Banjo

Get over it. You're one of the more prolific Banjo haters in this board.
Even in non-related topics, you always bring up your hatred for the duo.
You're even worse than the Banjo fanboys who claim "the Banjo fighter pass".
ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

User Info: Garp_fist

Garp_fist
2 months ago#10
Persona 5 fans: Aside from the usual Persona waifu crap P5 ‘fans’ stand out. Tons of obnoxious port begging, and they tend to accuse other things of ripping off or being inspired by Persona, with the TWEWY sequel comments from P5 fans being especially egregious to me. They also think it’s the modern day FF VII.
In these times it's important to stay positive and help those around you, even just giving them something to smile about.
Smash Ultimate Hero main.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Name a represented series with a toxic fanbase, and explain how.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A