• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. If proportional representation matters...

User Info: BasedZamasu

BasedZamasu
4 months ago#1
Where's all the people begging at their knees for ten additional Minecraft and Pac-Man "reps"?
"I'll be in the car, dudes." - Smithers

User Info: Brother_

Brother_
4 months ago#2
It only matters if it's Zelda.
I have over 700 hours in Dragon Quest 11.
And now 100 hours in Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition.

User Info: DigitalHazard

DigitalHazard
4 months ago#3
Brother_ posted...
This in a nutshell.

Say you want a new Animal Crossing fighter from example you'll get "Villager already encompasses the series well" with "Isabelle is unnecessary" thrown in a number of times, but just look at the numbers that series has pulled and by their logic there should be at least 3 more fighters.
It's "fighters" not "reps"
Mains: Palutena, Pokemon Trainer, Piranha Plant, Dark Samus, Chrom

User Info: Supersonic_Pain

Supersonic_Pain
4 months ago#4
IMO the problem with wanting extra Minecraft and PAC-MAN reps is... who exactly are they going to pick? PAC-MAN could have the Ghosts and Ms. PAC-MAN but after that, I'm drawing a blank (granted, I've only played the first PAC-MAN and Ms. PAC-MAN). Even the Spirits basically only have the Mother Fairy from PAC-LAND. I saw a cool moveset for Alex, so they could split Alex from Steve or give that moveset to Jesse from Minecraft: Story Mode, but other than that and maybe a Creeper, I have no idea.

I think Animal Crossing has it better, but you still need to think outside of the box for Tom Nook, K.K., Resetti, etc. It could work, but that's probably why people don't ask for AC that much (that and it's too cAsUaL for Scrimblo Bimblo fans and/or people who complain endlessly about other series like Zelda).
Not changing this part until Saki Amamiya (or Isa Jo) gets into Smash as a playable character
SSP SHOOTS HARD

User Info: sambonizer

sambonizer
4 months ago#5
Brother_ posted...
Damn... not f***ing around huh?
Not that it's wrong.
Something witty

User Info: Ender68

Ender68
4 months ago#6
Brother_ posted...
Kirby as well.
Official Terry Bogard of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board.
Currently playing: Yakuza 4, Silent Hill 2, Persona 5 Strikers

User Info: SmashBurb

SmashBurb
4 months ago#7
Brother_ posted...

And Donkey Kong
And Metroid, by the fandom's exaggerated perspective of how big Metroid is (keep in mind that a lot of people act like it's near Zelda's level despite the past several games bombing and it never having been a seller in Japan).

BasedZamasu posted...
Where's all the people begging at their knees for ten additional Minecraft and Pac-Man "reps"?

On top of that, a lot of the fandom bashed Isabelle after her reveal, even though Animal Crossing is an undeniably big series (even before New Horizons came in and beat everything but MK8).

User Info: coconutarmy1

coconutarmy1
4 months ago#8
You can be that guy, TC.

Iron Golem for smash. I hear a lot of people upset about the lack of heavies anyways.
Official Emperor of this board. Bow before me, peasants.

User Info: SmashBurb

SmashBurb
4 months ago#9
Ender68 posted...
Kirby as well.

Kirby's unique in that, whether it gets new characters or not, people will complain about Sakurai bias.

If it gets new ones, it's Sakurai being biased towards his own series. If it doesn't get any new ones, it's Sakurai being biased towards HIS Kirby games and rejecting the ones he didn't make.

User Info: Somerandomgene

Somerandomgene
4 months ago#10
Ender68 posted...
Kirby as well.

Honestly as a Kirby fan I’m fine with how it’s represented already it already has the three musketeers and while a fourth character (such as Marx or bandanna dee) would be nice it’s not the end of the world if it doesn’t get a fourth character, my only real issue is the lack of modern Kirby content vs classic Kirby content which I chalk up to sakurai’s bias towards the Kirby games he worked on,
I don't like flies, they're always rubbing their hands together as if they're constantly plotting something evil.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. If proportional representation matters...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A