• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. The more time passes, the more this image is proven true.

User Info: JoojToranja

JoojToranja
3 months ago#31
mario bros fandom
pleasant
lol, lmao even

rest is accurate tho
Official nothing of every board!
SW-5366-7679-9191

User Info: EmmyGemstar

EmmyGemstar
3 months ago#32
A_Field_Lover posted...
Animal Crossing fans did a lot of wack s*** to be fair.
The AC fandom has its problems but it absolutely doesn’t deserve to be in the same tier as Smash and Pokémon and if anyone can give me evidence that it should then I would love to hear it. If you really want to simplify it then compare how Smash and Pokémon fans react to and beg for announcements. The Animal Crossing fandom has its problems (and I’ve been around there since 2008) and it’s not perfect regardless but it’s honestly much more pleasant than most fandoms aside from the really awful economy of the games and certain touchy fans and maybe a little infighting about “ugly” villagers and the dumb arguments about time travelling. It was better 13 years ago, I’ll give that.

Plus in the AC fandom you’re not going to have the majority of people argue about wether the games are even good any more or be upset at every little thing. There are more elitists there these days but compare that to how Smash fans get upset at so many reveals and so many Pokémon fans are clearly downright bitter but continue buying the games while they say they’ve been so bad for the last decade-plus anyway.

I’d also say that it’s easier to find pleasant people in that fandom compared to Pokemon or Smash but they all have bad apples so idk, maybe I’ve just been luckier with AC, and the economy of those games really is a problem anyway.
(except not really)

User Info: CrazyDiamondSP

CrazyDiamondSP
3 months ago#33
Smash fits there, pokemon doesn't though, with smash no one can argue that:

1. This is a legit quality product with a lot of effort put behind it

2.you are getting a lot of bang for your buck

3.The series has strived for improvement and ambition with each entry

Now whether you in particular are satisfied with the end product, that's a completely different matter.

With pokemon, fans are stuck with a very stagnant series that has dished out low effort cash grabs time and time again and they'll continue to be that way as long as people's wallets speak harder than their posts complaining online.

All of that said, pokemon legends arceus has my curiosity, I don't really consider myself a pokemon fan and refuse to toss my money that way as long as I see pokemon churning out purely mediocre products, but Legends arceus ends up being good I'll be sure to contribute with my patronage.
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Lloyd(alone),Solaire(alone)

User Info: The_Abhorrent

The_Abhorrent
3 months ago#34
Hmm... interesting.
Just my take on the various groups:

The Dead do not Trouble the Living
They know these franchises are as good as dead, so are enjoying what they can out of them... I suppose.

Generally Pleasant
I guess the general feeling is that they're there to have fun and have no cause for concern right now. All of the above games are also very much driven by pure-and-fun gameplay more than anything else, and usually don't have anything too crazy driving other motives.

Quite Tolerable
Much like the previous group, but the series are a bit more niche, so they may be slightly on-edge. Still, they don't have any explicit cause for concern... for now. A few series may be dormant, but are close enough to other groups that may satisfy the itch to play that sort of thing.

Bitter But Righteous
Franchises that have been abandoned or otherwise gone dormant (usually in favour of another, similar franchise)... but have a passionate fanbase who want to see them revived.

Defensive Fanatics
Probably the easiest to explain, all of the series in question belong to niche genres... and the fanbase is PAINFULLY aware of this. These are genres which see periods of rise and fall over time, usually driven by a big hit from the genre; anyhow, there is often a fear these series could go dormant. Metroid disappeared for many years after the SNES release, and has been quite for a while. Xenoblade is the third incarnation of the Xeno meta-series, it has essentially "died" twice already under different publishers; those fans are especially passionate because of relative uniqueness within the JRPG genre, and this seems to be their best shot to actually be successful after many years. That being said, nearly all JRPG fans (regardless of which series is the favourite) are "defensive fanatics".

Consumed by Spite
... well, can't say I've payed close attention. One can only guess it's due to decades of attempting to piece together fractured storylines into a single meta-plot for the respective franchises despite there being usually only a thematic connection to prior entries in the respective series. Well, that would cover Zelda... no idea about FE.

More Beasts than Men
Yeah, can't really explain this one either. Could be a more extreme form of the "defensive fanatic" or "bitter but righteous"... maybe a combination of the two.

Gluttons
Actually, these are the "generally pleasant" group... they've just more easily driven into a frenzy, usually do to a more tangible aspect of their games (note they all have a powerful collection component) rather than being more reliant on pure, raw gameplay-driven fun to keep them interested. They're okay so long as you don't put anything shiny in front of them... in that event, just stay clear for a while.
He who isn't afraid to stand by his ideals...
Isn't afraid to stand alone.

User Info: DarthGaff

DarthGaff
3 months ago#35
So question, if you have hated everything thing a series has done for 7 years are you still a fan of the series? If you have more negative feelings about a series than positive ones are you still a fan? If a studio has only announced they are going to announce something and you are already mad and dismissive of it can you still call yourself a fan?

At what point do you just walk away from something? I understand being critical of something you care about, that is fine and healthy. At what point can you just admit to your self you do not like something and jut be done with it, if only for your own mental well being?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl-Tov434fpVcLV9v49Ehkw

User Info: Sticky_Derp

Sticky_Derp
3 months ago#36
Hah, fools

Nintendo itself has a hoard of defensive fanatics divided into all the rest, and they're the worst

Doubts about white privilege?
See: 1/6/21

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
3 months ago#37
why is the mario series split into multiple fanbases across the entire tier list?

yet zelda only has one spot on the list...

that tier list is s***.

the smash and pokemon fanbases are definitely in the right spot, though.
Mortal lives are a litany of despair and treachery, only wrath can see you through the darkest days.

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
3 months ago#38
ZeroJinKui posted...
why is the mario series split into multiple fanbases across the entire tier list?

yet zelda only has one spot on the list...

that tier list is s***.

the smash and pokemon fanbases are definitely in the right spot, though.
The Paper Mario fandom to be fair is different. Like... a lot different.
Passionate nerd girl. #1 Fire Emblem Echoes Fan.
Assist Trophies and Ultimate's Classic Mode mural deserve so much appreciation.

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
3 months ago#39
As a Pokémon player, honestly I'm never that disappointed. I find the D/P remakes situation more hilarious than anything else and I loved the originals. Does it look bad to me? Kinda yeah. But I didn't really have high expectations.

I've enjoyed the Xenoblade games I've played and they're definitely among my top favorites. I don't consider myself defensive about them, I will be the first to admit that there are some gameplay and story aspects to them that bother me, if that is what this is referring to.

I don't understand what the Fire Emblem one is referring too. Spite against what? You have to be specific. I am a very spiteful person though, mostly towards other humans. f*** those guys, humans ruin everything.
I just want to restore this world back to the natural. Bring order to this broken reality. To the way it should have been, all those many years ago.

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
3 months ago#40
BloodMoon7 posted...
As a Pokémon player, honestly I'm never that disappointed. I find the D/P remakes situation more hilarious than anything else and I loved the originals. Does it look bad to me? Kinda yeah. But I didn't really have high expectations.

I've enjoyed the Xenoblade games I've played and they're definitely among my top favorites. I don't consider myself defensive about them, I will be the first to admit that there are some gameplay and story aspects to them that bother me, if that is what this is referring to.

I don't understand what the Fire Emblem one is referring too. Spite against what? You have to be specific. I am a very spiteful person though, mostly towards other humans. f*** those guys, humans ruin everything.
Fire Emblem is entirely split consisting of older fans and newer fans. Spite is everywhere, I can confirm as a massive Fire Emblem fan.
Passionate nerd girl. #1 Fire Emblem Echoes Fan.
Assist Trophies and Ultimate's Classic Mode mural deserve so much appreciation.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. The more time passes, the more this image is proven true.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A