• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I don't think a character having a spirit event really deconfirms.

User Info: Loxy50

Loxy50
1 month ago#1
I'm curious why people think so, people seem to use this aganist Sword/Shield, Astral Chain, Ring Fit, Resident Evil...etc.
Couldn't they just add the spirit event spirits to the DLC boards and add 5-6 new ones? i don't see where's the issue...unless the series has literally nothing new to draw spirits from.

User Info: PK_Water

PK_Water
1 month ago#2
The question is "Why would they first have a spirit event now if they will have a spirit board later, especially if it features the most prominent choices for that series?", which, really, does sound like a confusing decision. Though it's possible that it's done to keep the fanbase on its toes, that is the only reason I can think of.
Everyone's most wanted has things going against them. Don't let it stop you.
(Unless they're not video game characters, I suppose. Those seem to be a big no.)

User Info: Alligamer72

Alligamer72
1 month ago#3
Depends when the event was tbh.

If it was early in the game's life cycle you could maybe make a point but the later ones it's pretty safe to say they're out
I'm just a drop of water in the sea, and that's a part of life.

Loxy50
1 month ago#4
PK_Water posted...
The question is "Why would they first have a spirit event now if they will have a spirit board later, especially if it features the most prominent choices for that series?", which, really, does sound like a confusing decision. Though it's possible that it's done to keep the fanbase on its toes, that is the only reason I can think of.

The Astral Chain and Ring Fit event are old enough i think, plus it could just been an adversitment from the game.

User Info: DorayakiQs

DorayakiQs
1 month ago#5
I'm not taking it seriously, too. But I do agree it makes sense to hold a different event.

User Info: Winturwulf

Winturwulf
1 month ago#6
PK_Water posted...
It's this. Seems unlikely they'd make a spirit event specifically for a game just to later go "lol jk here's a character and new spirits from that event."

ARMS was different because it was in base. Obviously the plan to include an ARMS character since then changed. I wouldn't count on anything that had an event, though.
I main Random Select.
Switch Friend Code: SW-7539-1764-8488

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
1 month ago#7
PK_Water posted...
This. For Pokemon, it's a bit different since there were only like 6 Gen 8 Spirits. They could easily choose one of the other dozens of Gen 8 Pokemon (It also helps that the final evolution starters weren't spirits).

Anywho, if the Astral Chain protag or Jill from Resident Evil were DLC, why did they get a spirit event? Like what's the point in making a spirit event if they were gonna be DLC? This also applies to Mii Outfits, specially DLC character Mii Outfits. No one is expecting Heihachi or Cuphead now...

Loxy50
1 month ago#8
Hypnofeet posted...
This. For Pokemon, it's a bit different since there were only like 6 Gen 8 Spirits. They could easily choose one of the other dozens of Gen 8 Pokemon (It also helps that the final evolution starters weren't spirits).

Anywho, if the Astral Chain protag or Jill from Resident Evil were DLC, why did they get a spirit event? Like what's the point in making a spirit event if they were gonna be DLC? This also applies to Mii Outfits, specially DLC character Mii Outfits. No one is expecting Heihachi or Cuphead now...

Pokemon's a lock.

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
1 month ago#9
Loxy50 posted...
Pokemon's a lock.
You don't know that.
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde/Seth/Linne team (BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle), Trunks (FZ), Hyde (UNIB).

User Info: Extremmefan

Extremmefan
1 month ago#10
Hypnofeet posted...
No. It is NOT different for Pokemon just because "they have more choices". The contents are still the "essentials" (in this case the starters and the box art legendaries) of an entire Board, so the event still holds up.

The evolution line point doesn't mean much either when none of the other "newer gen" Pokemon have their evolution lines present in spirits at all (hell, only Lucario had its pre-evo as a trophy previously).

This is just a "point" that exists to justify disregarding the confusion of them doing a spirit event late and give further excuse to scapegoat Pokemon for the sake of lowering one's expectations.
Unova Pokemon for Smash! (Twitter: @VSMovementEmolg)
Join the Unova Pokemon for Smash Discord server: https://discord.gg/HNht2XM :)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I don't think a character having a spirit event really deconfirms.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A