• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Absolute f***ing crackpot theory as to why a Pokemon is the next DLC fighter.

User Info: OfficialPotato

OfficialPotato
5 months ago#1
So, as we all know, Challenger Pack 5 was Byleth, the protagonist of Fire Emblem Three Houses. Challenger Pack 6 was Min Min, a major character from ARMS.
These characters are both 1st party characters, but their sheer existence leads me to believe that a Pokemon fighter is next. Why, you may ask? Well, they have something in common: temporary free games.

Back in January, shortly before Byleth's reveal, it was announced that for a week, Nintendo Switch Online members would be able to play Fire Emblem Warriors for free.
Source: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/01/switch_online_users_in_japan_will_soon_be_able_to_play_fire_emblem_warriors_for_free
During the March Mini Direct, where the inclusion of a fighter from ARMS was announced, it was also mentioned that ARMS would be temporarily free for Nintendo Switch Online members.
Source: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/03/reminder_get_ready_for_arms_in_smash_bros_ultimate_with_this_free_online_trial

Now, what does this have to do with a Pokemon, you might be wondering? Well, it just so happens that another Nintendo Switch Online trial has been announced. What might that game be?
Pokken Tournament DX. Bandai Namco's fighting game with Tekken-based gameplay and Pokemon characters.
Source: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/07/switch_online_members_will_soon_be_able_to_play_pokken_tournament_dx_for_free

Now, I don't know about you guys, but this seems odd to me. Both times a free trial of a game from a 1st party series for Nintendo Switch Online members was announced previously, a Smash character from the same series was also announced around the same time. Is this a strange coincidence? Or is it a pattern?
That's up for you to decide.
"What have I been fighting for? Who have I been living for? I don't know anymore."
Unofficial #1 Sly Cooper fanboy of GameFAQs.

User Info: CheerUpCrewcut

CheerUpCrewcut
5 months ago#2
Lucario's in, boys.
Official Honey Dakimakura of Smashfaqs
Hello to people who exist. If you don't exist, tough luck pal. Some random didn't say hello, take an axe to his face.

OfficialPotato
5 months ago#3
CheerUpCrewcut posted...
Lucario's in, boys.
Nah man, it's gonna be Shadow Mewtwo. Obviously.
"What have I been fighting for? Who have I been living for? I don't know anymore."

CheerUpCrewcut
5 months ago#4
OfficialPotato posted...
Nah man, it's gonna be Shadow Mewtwo. Obviously.
Pikachu Libre is a much likelier pick.
Hello to people who exist. If you don't exist, tough luck pal. Some random didn't say hello, take an axe to his face.

User Info: stinkycat

stinkycat
5 months ago#5
The Pokemon fighter will be after the Splatoon fighter
Now lemon scented

User Info: Nicnac

Nicnac
5 months ago#6
The thing is, I know that this is probably bulls*** but this has planted that little seed of "f*** you it's Pokémon" that's not going away until FP7.

I'd f***ing hate a new Pokémon tbh, fingers crossed you're wrong.
Want who you want for Smash- nobody should stop you. Geno for Smash.

OfficialPotato
5 months ago#7
Nicnac posted...
The thing is, I know that this is probably bulls*** but this has planted that little seed of "f*** you it's Pokémon" that's not going away until FP7.

I'd f***ing hate a new Pokémon tbh, fingers crossed you're wrong.
I take pleasure in the suffering of others so I'm glad I could help. >:^)

User Info: SleepyPyukumuku

SleepyPyukumuku
5 months ago#8
Chandelure?
The Realest Official #1 supporter of Bandana Dee.

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
5 months ago#9
Mario Tennis Aces was once free and yet...
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde/Seth/Linne team (BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle), Trunks (FZ), Hyde (UNIB).

CheerUpCrewcut
5 months ago#10
Blayshy posted...
Mario Tennis Aces was once free and yet...
We got Piranha Plant didn't we.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Absolute f***ing crackpot theory as to why a Pokemon is the next DLC fighter.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A