• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. can someone explain to me why Little Mac sucks?

User Info: Slayersfan

Slayersfan
3 days ago#1
I'm not a great player in Smash Bros but I like the series a lot. I thought he used to be decent in the Wii-U version; what happened? Was he always bad? I know he has really bad recovery, but is that the main reason people consider him the worst fighter in the whole ultimate line up still? I don't know a lot of technical stuff so I was just curious.
3DS friends code - 1864-9760-0835

User Info: Pickley-

Pickley-
3 days ago#2
he has no aerial game

his recovery is not good

he can get camped out hard

platforms are his worst nightmare

User Info: Bermast

Bermast
3 days ago#3
He was always pretty bad, yeah, unless you're playing with people that aren't super familiar with the game. He's super good in that case.

Anyway, Mac is super vulnerable to gimping and platform camping, and he's pretty predictable in what he's going to do because he only has half a moveset. On top of this, his actual usable moves are good, but not even that good.

So you basically have a character with some serious weaknesses, and nothing to compensate.

User Info: mew2ds

mew2ds
3 days ago#4
Getting really good with him requires intense dedication and skill, and you need to be able to anticipate every move your opponent makes and know exactly how to counter it and also what they plan to do next to capitalize on those moves. If you make a mistake, you lose a stock
The difference between reality and fiction is that fiction has to make sense

User Info: senokagain

senokagain
3 days ago#5
his recovery just goes straight up and his side b can send him right off the stage which is not a good combo
i'm stupid

User Info: wariude

wariude
3 days ago#6
It's not only about having a terrible recovery, but his aerials are also awful, and they're very important on this game since most of them are fast, powerful and safe.

He is also a punish-heavy character, who really struggles to open people up unless they make a mistake.

He arguably got better compared to his Smash 4 counterpart, but only marginally. Meanwhile, a bunch of Smash 4 low tiers got turbo buffed, leaving him to rot in the lower tiers.
The Official Hat Ken from the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board.
"Terry Bogard is deader and more irrelevant then [sic] Banjo" - Vanus

User Info: IHeartDaddy

IHeartDaddy
3 days ago#7
im a beginner but i think hes so powerful! like one hit and peach just flies across the screen. i dont know how to get away from him because hes so fast too. i think hes top tier
Hi my name is Kayleigh, I'm a 19 and a half year old girl and I play as princess peach in Smash Bros ultimate nintendo game. ^ - ^

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
3 days ago#8
Being a light-weight character, I don't think his jumps are too bad. But yeah, it's the actual recovery move that's pretty weak.

User Info: senokagain

senokagain
3 days ago#9
IHeartDaddy posted...
im a beginner but i think hes so powerful! like one hit and peach just flies across the screen. i dont know how to get away from him because hes so fast too. i think hes top tier
can i fight you in smash
i'm stupid

User Info: Slayersfan

Slayersfan
3 days ago#10
Thanks for all the info. Do any pro players use him at the highest levels of the game?
3DS friends code - 1864-9760-0835
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. can someone explain to me why Little Mac sucks?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A