• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is there a third party series that got the shaft harder than Resident Evil?

User Info: AzureHero

AzureHero
1 week ago#71
QJD1381 posted...
The true underlying problem here is that the Smash fanbase always takes any form of representation that's not a playable character as an insult.

"Assist trophies? Spirits? Mii costumes? Music? Doesn't matter. If my series doesn't have a slot, it's not good enough!"
Pretty much this.

I expected RE to get shafted due to the difficulties of making the representation faithful as long as CERO and the ESRB's rules were followed. Can't give the playable character a handgun or shotgun in their moveset, but those weapons are iconic to the series. Can't have grotesque creatures like the Lickers, Nemesis, one of Birkin's mutations or the zombie dogs make an appearance, but they're iconic, so their absence would cause some complaints similar to why Mai Shiranui couldn't make an appearance.
Nova Champions: Prototype Demo is out now.

User Info: Spider-Vader

Spider-Vader
1 week ago#72
RuiNergigante posted...
Said that before MvC3 actually.
They changed their mind since MH is in MvCI.

The rest is irrelevant. MH needs to happen. Right now.
Capcom's best selling IP of all time. It surpassed RE.
No more excuses.

It’s not their best selling IP, that’s Resident Evil. But Monster Hunter: World is their highest selling individual game.

User Info: InfiniteBeyond

InfiniteBeyond
1 week ago#73
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/8/0/8/AAdZAUAAAoPI.jpg
I never end and that's the difference between you and me.

User Info: Extremmefan

Extremmefan
1 week ago#74
RollerBob posted...
Yes, because the composers asked for a ridiculous amount of money for each track...

You would THINK that after Nintendo and Square Enix once again concluded a deal to add Cloud in Ultimate, they would have talked with the composer for more than 2 tracks. Seriously, why the stinginess? What's so "precious" about the tracks? Like... really??? It's THAT big of a conflict to get more FF7 tracks and other FF tracks?

It sounds like the composer is threatening Square Enix to drop out everytime they wish to use his music.
Honestly? I wish I knew why, but the matter of the fact stays: they don't fully own the rights to the content they used for the initial game, and the composers and artists (including character designers, apparently) somehow preferred to stay uninvolved in it.
Unova Pokemon for Smash! (Twitter: @VSMovementEmolg)
Join the Unova Pokemon for Smash Discord server: https://discord.gg/HNht2XM :)

User Info: AeroFlash15

AeroFlash15
1 week ago#75
AzureHero posted...
Pretty much this.

I expected RE to get shafted due to the difficulties of making the representation faithful as long as CERO and the ESRB's rules were followed. Can't give the playable character a handgun or shotgun in their moveset, but those weapons are iconic to the series. Can't have grotesque creatures like the Lickers, Nemesis, one of Birkin's mutations or the zombie dogs make an appearance, but they're iconic, so their absence would cause some complaints similar to why Mai Shiranui couldn't make an appearance.
True, and this is unlike Mai who is just one character, when compared to all those elements of RE -- which are the heart of the series.
Never stop

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
1 week ago#76
QJD1381 posted...
The true underlying problem here is that the Smash fanbase always takes any form of representation that's not a playable character as an insult.

"Assist trophies? Spirits? Mii costumes? Music? Doesn't matter. If my series doesn't have a slot, it's not good enough!"
f*** the people who hate Assist Trophies they're great representation. Better to be an assist than a low effort jpeg that Resident Evil is stuck with.
Nerd girl who's passionate, Bandana Dee for Smash!
#1 Assist Trophy, Galeem, Lonato & FE Echoes Lover! F to Geno, BWD + Isaac. Hero's in!

User Info: RollerBob

RollerBob
1 week ago#77
Extremmefan posted...
Honestly? I wish I knew why, but the matter of the fact stays: they don't fully own the rights to the content they used for the initial game, and the composers and artists (including character designers, apparently) somehow preferred to stay uninvolved in it.
I'm not denying it... I just think it's stupid that SE can't just, y'know, use their own IPs' assets without 1) asking for the composer/designer and 2) without any alternative.
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak French. Yes, I live in Quebec.

User Info: Extremmefan

Extremmefan
1 week ago#78
RollerBob posted...
I'm not denying it... I just think it's stupid that SE can't just, y'know, use their own IPs' assets without 1) asking for the composer/designer and 2) without any alternative.
I agree, it's stupid, but meh that's how it is, I guess.
Unova Pokemon for Smash! (Twitter: @VSMovementEmolg)
Join the Unova Pokemon for Smash Discord server: https://discord.gg/HNht2XM :)

User Info: Blue-Lemon-Z

Blue-Lemon-Z
1 week ago#79
I can agree, but it's not outright deconfirmed. There's a small chance one could end up playable for FP2. Doubt it, but it's possible.
"I'm being harassed by a toaster"
When life gives ya bad lemons, you make sure life takes those lemons BACK. I make GREAT topics!

User Info: RollerBob

RollerBob
1 week ago#80
Extremmefan posted...
I agree, it's stupid, but meh that's how it is, I guess.
I did hear that some assets in multiple projects (including video games) were owned or co-owned by the original creators.

Point is... did Hironobu Sakaguchi, Tetsuya Nomura and Nobuo Uematsu really turn down Nintendo's and Sakurai's offer TWICE for a chance to have Final Fantasy represented is one of the biggest crossover games? I mean, Akira Toriyama accepted to lent his Dragon Quest artworks and characters, but Nomura just didn't want to??? That greed literally meant no Assist Trophy, no spirit and not even a Fighter Spirit.

DQ's composer is a piece of work... to put it lightly, but still... you would think that SE's CEOs would tell Koichi Sugiyama to stay in line and just hand over his rights for Sakurai's team to rearrange the tracks.
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak French. Yes, I live in Quebec.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is there a third party series that got the shaft harder than Resident Evil?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A