• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is there a third party series that got the shaft harder than Resident Evil?

User Info: RuiNergigante

RuiNergigante
1 week ago#61
Extremmefan posted...
the creators
Said that before MvC3 actually.
They changed their mind since MH is in MvCI.

The rest is irrelevant. MH needs to happen. Right now.
Capcom's best selling IP of all time. It surpassed RE.
No more excuses.
Breaking my limits!

User Info: Extremmefan

Extremmefan
1 week ago#62
RuiNergigante posted...
Said that before MvC3 actually.
They changed their mind since MH is in MvCI.
Yea, and I'm sure they've seen how much of a trainwreck THAT was, including the DLC.
Unova Pokemon for Smash! (Twitter: @VSMovementEmolg)
Join the Unova Pokemon for Smash Discord server: https://discord.gg/HNht2XM :)

User Info: RuiNergigante

RuiNergigante
1 week ago#63
Extremmefan posted...
Yea, and I'm sure they've seen how much of a trainwreck THAT was, including the DLC.
Doesn't erase the fact that they let it happen.
And they would definitely let it happen again if asked to do so.
So here's hoping Sakurai did ask them.
Breaking my limits!

User Info: Extremmefan

Extremmefan
1 week ago#64
RuiNergigante posted...
Doesn't erase the fact that they let it happen.
And they would definitely let it happen again if asked to do so.
I don't know. I'd think letting someone use your character after a long time of saying no and then it ends up being used in one of the most controversial products ever is bound to change one's mind.
They let it happen once, but there's absolutely no guarantee they'll let it happen again. They thought they could trust the MvC team after MvC3, but then that team failed them pretty hard. If that happened to me I'd be pissed and wouldn't trust people again for quite a while.
Unova Pokemon for Smash! (Twitter: @VSMovementEmolg)
Join the Unova Pokemon for Smash Discord server: https://discord.gg/HNht2XM :)

User Info: RollerBob

RollerBob
1 week ago#65
Extremmefan posted...
In both FF's AND DQ's cases, that's because the rights are a gigantic mess that Square don't fully own. If the other demanded franchises don't have that issue, then it's no different from other third parties.
Yes, because the composers asked for a ridiculous amount of money for each track...

You would THINK that after Nintendo and Square Enix once again concluded a deal to add Cloud in Ultimate, they would have talked with the composer for more than 2 tracks. Seriously, why the stinginess? What's so "precious" about the tracks? Like... really??? It's THAT big of a conflict to get more FF7 tracks and other FF tracks?

It sounds like the composer is threatening Square Enix to drop out everytime they wish to use his music.
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak French. Yes, I live in Quebec.

User Info: Zra

Zra
1 week ago#66
VannAccessible posted...
That is definitely true about Tales. It’d be a worthy inclusion, IMO, although I also believed it should be secondary after Dragon Quest.

But if we want to talk about series begun on Nintendo consoles, people bring up Ninja Gaiden a lot, although it hasn’t been consistently on Nintendo consoles since NES.
Bomberman and Contra also fall into that NES born category, but they don’t seem to be mentioned so much. Resident Evil, on the other hand, has been in every Nintendo console since N64.

Minecraft is just a big deal in general, but it’s target audience corresponds well to a younger crowd who’d likely be into Nintendo games.
Ninja Gaiden debuted on arcades, not a Nintendo platform.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_Gaiden_(arcade_game)#
Ghosts tell stories of worlds before me where
Darkness turns to light (darkness turns to light)

User Info: QJD1381

QJD1381
1 week ago#67
The true underlying problem here is that the Smash fanbase always takes any form of representation that's not a playable character as an insult.

"Assist trophies? Spirits? Mii costumes? Music? Doesn't matter. If my series doesn't have a slot, it's not good enough!"
The official Dr. Mario of the Super Smash Brothers Ultimate Board.
If you will not fight, you will meet your destiny.

User Info: _LouieG_

_LouieG_
1 week ago#68
QJD1381 posted...
The true underlying problem here is that the Smash fanbase always takes any form of representation that's not a playable character as an insult.

"Assist trophies? Spirits? Mii costumes? Music? Doesn't matter. If my series doesn't have a slot, it's not good enough!"

I mean, Resident Evil just has 4 spirits. That's hardly proper representation regardless of how you slice it, I think it's unfair to expect people to just be satisfied with that. Granted I don't think it's a "middle finger" to fans of that series or anything like that - just that Resident Evil, being as big and important as it is, feels like a series that would get a lot more than this.

I do agree though that a lot of people only see character representation as "true" representation when some series are given a lot of love elsewhere, and that's meaningful too. Monster Hunter for example, with a full fledged boss battle in the game.
Smash Ultimate MW: Chorus Kids, Morrigan, Arle, Travis Touchdown, Marx

User Info: xyzlactic

xyzlactic
1 week ago#69
I remember reading someone who claimed to have info regarding the ballot(saw it on Smashboards) that said Resident Evil was considered for Smash but was scrapped due to being too controversial to add.

Guess spirits was the best they can represent RE? I guess I can see why a RE rep would be pretty hard to work in Smash. Realistic guns is a no go and their stage would def have zombies and other grotesque looking monsters in it.

But I know Sakurai could def make a RE character and stage work in Smash. I've seen creative movesets from people too. Here's hoping RE rep is DLC
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xyzlactic

User Info: BasedZamasu

BasedZamasu
1 week ago#70
xyzlactic posted...
I remember reading someone who claimed to have info regarding the ballot(saw it on Smashboards) that said Resident Evil was considered for Smash but was scrapped due to being too controversial to add.

Guess spirits was the best they can represent RE? I guess I can see why a RE rep would be pretty hard to work in Smash. Realistic guns is a no go and their stage would def have zombies and other grotesque looking monsters in it.

But I know Sakurai could def make a RE character and stage work in Smash. I've seen creative movesets from people too. Here's hoping RE rep is DLC
That sucks if true. Hopefully they change their mind or make RE work in Smash.
"I'll be in the car, dudes." - Smithers
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is there a third party series that got the shaft harder than Resident Evil?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A