• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is there a third party series that got the shaft harder than Resident Evil?

User Info: AarturoSc

AarturoSc
1 week ago#51
RollerBob posted...
At least Resident Evil had a spirit event... Final Fantasy doesn't even have a SINGLE spirit... not even in a recent event.

Exactly.
Smash devs throw an event to reference/celebrate other series that otherwise wouldn’t be in the game. Some entitled people: “THEY ARE GIVING US THE MIDDLE FINGER!!! F*€# YOU, SAKURAI!!”
Simba hangs himself in the bootleg Lion King 5 game over screen.
Yeeh!

User Info: generalguy64

generalguy64
1 week ago#52
Warframe
I once had a dream where Vulpix was playable in Smash. I fully support this now.

User Info: RollerBob

RollerBob
1 week ago#53
AarturoSc posted...
Exactly.
Smash devs throw an event to reference/celebrate other series that otherwise wouldn’t be in the game. Some entitled people: “THEY ARE GIVING US THE MIDDLE FINGER!!! F*€# YOU, SAKURAI!!”
And meanwhile, everyone seems to be ok with Square Enix...

"Hey! I want Sora!"
"Hey! I want Crono!"
"Hey! I want 2B!"

Enjoy a barebone stage, a poultry amount of tracks and cheap spirits...
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak French. Yes, I live in Quebec.

User Info: VannAccessible

VannAccessible
1 week ago#54
In terms of 3rd party series important to Nintendo, I’d say the most blatant 3rd party absences in Smash are Resident Evil and Minecraft.

I might have lumped Tales into that category, but we just barely got Dragon Quest which is waaaaay bigger a deal of an RPG series, if that provides any perspective there.
SMM2 Maker ID: JSD-HW3-DXG

User Info: RollerBob

RollerBob
1 week ago#55
VannAccessible posted...
In terms of 3rd party series important to Nintendo, I’d say the most blatant 3rd party absences in Smash are Resident Evil and Minecraft.
Kinda hard to call both Resident Evil and Minecraft important to Nintendo when 1) RE4 was only on the Gamecube for some time and 2) Minecraft only happened for real on Switch and the New 3DS. Minecraft was also on Wii U, but, yeah... hence the "for real".

I might have lumped Tales into that category, but we just barely got Dragon Quest which is waaaaay bigger a deal of an RPG series, if that provides any perspective there.
Tales at least got started on the Super Famicom, was made popular thanks to the Gamecube game, Symphonia, and recently got Vesperia on Switch.
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak French. Yes, I live in Quebec.

User Info: RuiNergigante

RuiNergigante
1 week ago#56
Monster Hunter got shafted harder.

>AT boss, first in the series too
>Boss arena that looks like leftovers from a scrapped stage
>Two music tracks shafted into the "other" category, as if the actual character got scrapped
>Still no announcement of an actual fighter because lol f*** you ARMS time

f***ing tease.
Breaking my limits!

User Info: VannAccessible

VannAccessible
1 week ago#57
RollerBob posted...

Tales at least got started on the Super Famicom, was made popular thanks to the Gamecube game, Symphonia, and recently got Vesperia on Switch.

That is definitely true about Tales. It’d be a worthy inclusion, IMO, although I also believed it should be secondary after Dragon Quest.

But if we want to talk about series begun on Nintendo consoles, people bring up Ninja Gaiden a lot, although it hasn’t been consistently on Nintendo consoles since NES.
Bomberman and Contra also fall into that NES born category, but they don’t seem to be mentioned so much. Resident Evil, on the other hand, has been in every Nintendo console since N64.

Minecraft is just a big deal in general, but it’s target audience corresponds well to a younger crowd who’d likely be into Nintendo games.
SMM2 Maker ID: JSD-HW3-DXG

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
1 week ago#58
RuiNergigante posted...

>Two music tracks shafted into the "other" category, as if the actual character got scrapped

f***ing tease.
People need to realise and even the creators themselves have said: Monster Hunter is better represented with the monsters and creatures, not the character you are.

User Info: RuiNergigante

RuiNergigante
1 week ago#59
Hypnofeet posted...
People need to realise and even the creators themselves have said: Monster Hunter is better represented with the monsters and creatures, not the character you are.
People need to realize that that doesn't stop them from appearing in other spin-offs and even in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

People need to realize that the monsters and the hunter are two sides of the same coin that makes up the whole point of Monster Hunter.

You hunt monsters to make armor from them. Both the hunter and the monsters matter. Yes. Actually. For real.

So, give me my hunter.
Breaking my limits!

User Info: Extremmefan

Extremmefan
1 week ago#60
RollerBob posted...
And meanwhile, everyone seems to be ok with Square Enix...
Enjoy a barebone stage, a poultry amount of tracks and cheap spirits...
In both FF's AND DQ's cases, that's because the rights are a gigantic mess that Square don't fully own. If the other demanded franchises don't have that issue, then it's no different from other third parties.

RuiNergigante posted...

f***ing tease.
Pretty sure the creators themselves have said they didn't want them to appear in crossovers to begin with.
RuiNergigante posted...
People need to realize that that doesn't stop them from appearing in other spin-offs and even in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.
Spinoffs are within the franchise, that doesn't exactly count now does it?
And don't act like they received its presence in MvCI all that well either, we all know how MvCI in general went.
People need to realize that the monsters and the hunter are two sides of the same coin that makes up the whole point of Monster Hunter.

You hunt monsters to make armor from them. Both the hunter and the monsters matter. Yes. Actually. For real.

So, give me my hunter.
Honestly at this point I'd think just the two Mii costumes would suffice there.

Think about it, you've already got the Rathalos boss with two music tracks.
And the two costumes in 4 were a default Hunter and a Rathalos-themed skin (I think?).
This is a really clever way of implementing it.

... and honestly easily bypasses the aforementioned creator restriction since, well, it's not his character specifically, just a Mii that ressembles them.
Unova Pokemon for Smash! (Twitter: @VSMovementEmolg)
Join the Unova Pokemon for Smash Discord server: https://discord.gg/HNht2XM :)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is there a third party series that got the shaft harder than Resident Evil?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A