• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is there a third party series that got the shaft harder than Resident Evil?

User Info: Cybersai

Cybersai
1 week ago#31
iisaniizuka posted...
that is absolutely not it

The Resident Evil cast are based on real actors, so they probably have to pay the likeness of the actors to use their faces in Smash. Maybe the royalties are too high.

User Info: Coxow

Coxow
1 week ago#32
Tekken got a Mii costume in Sm4sh you had to pay for

Then it got the same Mii costume in Ultimate you have to repay for

User Info: iisaniizuka

iisaniizuka
1 week ago#33
Cybersai posted...
The Resident Evil cast are based on real actors, so they probably have to pay the likeness of the actors to use their faces in Smash. Maybe the royalties are too high.
no no no no they could literally just use the old designs. like how cloud didnt magically get upgraded to remake cloud

User Info: joecorp

joecorp
1 week ago#34
Cybersai posted...
Changing the faces of RE characters is the farthest thing from a problem for Capcom.

Poor guys get plastic surgery almost every game.
Waiting for: Metroid Prime 4

User Info: Extremmefan

Extremmefan
1 week ago#35
bigpoppapat posted...
joker fires a realistic gun.
Except it's modeled after a toy gun and produces a cartoony sound effect. :L
Unova Pokemon for Smash! (Twitter: @VSMovementEmolg)
Join the Unova Pokemon for Smash Discord server: https://discord.gg/HNht2XM :)

User Info: bigpoppapat

bigpoppapat
1 week ago#36
Extremmefan posted...
Except it's modeled after a toy gun and produces a cartoony sound effect. :L

I don’t think it sounds cartoony.

anyway they could a) do that for an RE rep too or b) don’t use the gun. Snake uses a gun in metal gear but not in smash. Re has enough weapons
My Snake/Samus Ultimate replays: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOEjPn1vOjwgwckI4CIR08g

User Info: rand0mnez

rand0mnez
1 week ago#37
Number090684 posted...
Monster Hunter and Tales of(Currently anyway)
monster has a boss/assist trophy and 2 music tracks in the game

resident evil has 4 pngs

User Info: Miqote

Miqote
1 week ago#38
A RE character would be super boring.
Metroid Prime is a near flawless video game.

User Info: Extremmefan

Extremmefan
1 week ago#39
bigpoppapat posted...
anyway they could a) do that for an RE rep too or b) don’t use the gun.
I'm not saying they couldn't, lol. Just saying why I don't think Joker's gun counts.

They could definitely use Revelations Jill with her acrobatic skills or MvC Jill who's ON FIRE
Unova Pokemon for Smash! (Twitter: @VSMovementEmolg)
Join the Unova Pokemon for Smash Discord server: https://discord.gg/HNht2XM :)

User Info: Spider-Vader

Spider-Vader
1 week ago#40
Unless Minecraft gets the shaft (pun intended), then no.

Resident Evil is the highest selling Japanese series without a playable character; it’s only behind Mario, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Zelda & Sonic in terms of sales. Dragon Quest got in because of how huge it is despite selling around 20 million less than RE.

Resident Evil essentially started the horror genre. & while I didn’t used to think that’s a genre that Smash would ever represent, we now have spirits & even an Assist Trophy for horror games.

It has a good connection to Nintendo with several games in the series being exclusives for a period time including Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Remake & Resident Evil: Revelations. As well as having a presence on Nintendo systems since RE2 on the N64, almost since the series’s start.

Resident Evil is a series very much like Mario & Zelda where it’s constantly reinventing itself to stay relevant & garnering massive praise. There’s been several great horror series in the years since RE’s debut (Silent Hill, Dead Space, etc...); but while those series eventually die off, Resident Evil perseveres & finds new ways to remain fresh.

One of Sakurai’s stated goals with Smash is to show the entire world how great Japanese games are. So it’s crazy that that he’s giving such a huge & influential Japanese series so little attention.

The only reason I can think of for RE seemingly getting the shaft is that Nintendo & Capcom decided on another character for now. I imagine this would be Dante since Capcom is actively wanting to make DMC bigger. While I imagine Sakurai would love to get Dante’s insane moveset into Smash.

I hope if we do end up getting 4 more characters after FP2, that they’ll go back & give Resident Evil some love similar to what they did with Arms.

Ideally it’d be a Hero/Bowser Jr situation with Jill/Chris/Leon/Claire all together. I feel the RE1/2 versions of those characters are similar enough to make that work.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is there a third party series that got the shaft harder than Resident Evil?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A