• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Getting 9.9 with Toon Link shouldn't be this hard.

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
4 weeks ago#1
You have teammates with you so why is it hard? It's the last character I need to do 9.9 with. Am I playing as him wrong or something?

User Info: JoseJGC

JoseJGC
4 weeks ago#2
Probably because having so many characters makes the battles a lot more chaotic.

User Info: reaverz

reaverz
4 weeks ago#3
It seems that amount that the score increases after each round is based on a combination of how little damage and time you take while clearing a round. Perhaps when it comes to measuring the damage taken, the game takes into account your teammates’ damage as well as your own.
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]

User Info: FFnut

FFnut
4 weeks ago#4
I've combed various sites and wikis looking for any reason this might happen, and I think I've found out why you're having such a problem. According to many experts on the subject, one of the things you must do in order to get a 9.9 with Toon Link is to "git gud."

I would recommend that you try to "git gud" before attempting this again, TC.
And though we deserved not his mercy, he has led us to this new Eden, a last chance for redemption.

User Info: joecorp

joecorp
4 weeks ago#5
It was the worst one for me personally.

The one nice thing about it though is that the last two fights are actually the easiest ones so you can get a ton of percentage just off of those stages.
Waiting for: Metroid Prime 4

User Info: demon_cleaner

demon_cleaner
4 weeks ago#6
Team fights nerf you very hard in Classic Mode. Mewtwo and Dark Samus's runs are painful for the same reason.

Toon Link's first 5 stages suck, but you can get a loooooot of points in the Ganondorf and Ganon fights.

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
4 weeks ago#7
And a happy but lucky ending.

Got to 8.7 before the Ganon boss and miraculously took no damage at all and did it quick thanks to the other Link's that gave me an extra 1.2 to reach 9.9 by the end.

And with that, every character, including DLC has now done a 9.9 Classic Mode run. Phew.

User Info: mew2ds

mew2ds
4 weeks ago#8
My suggestion? Use arrows and boomerang as much as possible on early rounds and let the other 2 links do the heavy lifting. Focas on avoiding getting hit and circling the chaos rather than a quick victory. You get a good grade based on time and percentage, but in these matches I would focus solely on percentage. Attack only when you see openings and play defensively

There is a degree of luck involved regardless, more so than most 9.9s, but keep at it
The difference between reality and fiction is that fiction has to make sense
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Getting 9.9 with Toon Link shouldn't be this hard.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A