• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Wow, just saw the mini direct

User Info: Shoto

Shoto
2 days ago#1
They did not care about that character announcement at all lol

and ARMS ? They are clearly going the Bowser Jr. route

I must say I am a bit disappointed and I now believe that Urshifu and BOTW 2 Zelda are locks for this pass

My Sora and Master Chief dreams are starting to crumble away

edit: Rex is probably a lock now too
GT - Supreme Sasuke
PSN - SupremeLemillion
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
2 days ago#2
Shoto posted...
that's like saying Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Sakura and Dan should all be the same character
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Dream Team: Richter, Joker, Hero, and Terry
My game collection: https://bit.ly/38iYfWu https://bit.ly/2wab5Zj https://bit.ly/3buYtMb

Shoto
2 days ago#3
DuranmanX4 posted...
that's like saying Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Sakura and Dan should all be the same character
I have never played ARMS tbh, but I didn’t see the point in showing 15 characters and not telling us who
GT - Supreme Sasuke
PSN - SupremeLemillion

User Info: empireoffire

empireoffire
2 days ago#4
Shoto posted...
I have never played ARMS tbh, but I didn’t see the point in showing 15 characters and not telling us who
If there was zero Smash content this direct, this board would currently be on fire.
Gordon Freeman is now these hands... i must kill the next boss and live up to full-life consequences!

User Info: bengever

bengever
2 days ago#5
empireoffire posted...
If there was zero Smash content this direct, this board would currently be on fire.
this board currently is on fire though
just a more controlled, tempered flame
Resident Xenoblade obsessive, because someone had to be.
Official Fuhrer [Persona 2] of the Smash Ultimate boards

Shoto
2 days ago#6
empireoffire posted...
I agree, some information is better than none

although this is a character I did not personally want, I’m glad we are officially moving forward with CP2 !
GT - Supreme Sasuke
PSN - SupremeLemillion
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: uberking422

uberking422
2 days ago#7
bengever posted...
this board currently is on fire though
just a more controlled, tempered flame
You say that like that isn’t the typical state of things.

User Info: JNP2000

JNP2000
2 days ago#8
DuranmanX4 posted...

While I agree with you and I think that they shouldn't do the ARMS character the Bowser Jr way. You should'nt forget that Sakurai made Daisy a Peach echo, which I think is RIDICULOUS seeing as how she isn't the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom (so why would she use a Toad), she never used SMB2 Turnips and also never floated like Peach in SMB2. She also has enough source material for her own moveset (Sport games and the fact that she originates from Super Mario Land).
So I wouldn't say that the ARMS characters as alternate costumes would be impossible. As long as 8 of them have comparable body sizes it should be possible.
Also lets not forget that all the Koopalings can use Shadow Mario as a Final Smash (something they never done before SSB4) and that both Ness and Lucas use moves they never learned in their game. So I could see the possibility that the ARMS characters could share a moveset with specials from multiple ARMS characters, but I hope that won't be the case.

User Info: SpectrumGirl

SpectrumGirl
2 days ago#9
Shoto posted...
They did not care about that character announcement at all lol

I must say I am a bit disappointed and I now believe that Urshifu and BOTW 2 Zelda are locks for this pass

My Sora and Master Chief dreams are starting to crumble away

Your Master Chief dream was doomed to die, anyway.

User Info: Darkfire12

Darkfire12
2 days ago#10
Shoto posted...

Well damn, if we only have to give up one dlc slot to get Rex, my #3 (2?) mw, I'll welcome ARMS
Uh persona uh danganronpa uh gravity rush
Official Fishstick Wizard of Fishville
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Wow, just saw the mini direct
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A