• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. This doesn't bode well for FP2.

User Info: LynForTheWin

LynForTheWin
2 days ago#1
Most people are extremely whelmed by the reveal of an Arms character. It's not necessarily bad, but it's not great either. Just kind of whatever.

The problem is the first character is usually one of, if not the absolute best in the pack. Most people will make their decision on whether to buy the pass or individual fighters based on the first fighter and Nintendo knows this, so they need to come out swinging. Joker was potentially the favorite of the first pass with his only competition for the title being Banjo.

And this goes double for FP2, because it had to follow up the Byleth reveal which was arguably the single biggest PR disaster in Smash history. Nintendo really needed to hit a home run here to convince people to buy the pass, and all they could come up with is Arms?

We are probably not going to get a great FP2. Expect s*** like Cinderace and other advertisements over fan favorites or gaming icons.
https://i.imgur.com/4PVX1rG.jpg
PM me pictures of Lyn!

User Info: PlasmaCannon

PlasmaCannon
2 days ago#2
ARMS is a home run in my eyes even if it should have been on the base roster but better late than never.
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.

User Info: bengever

bengever
2 days ago#3
I'm honestly pretty glad, because it means we have legitimately no idea what to expect anymore.

Spirits, ATs, and even Mii Costumes may no longer disconfirm. It's a true free-for-all and it's amazing,
Resident Xenoblade obsessive, because someone had to be.
Official Fuhrer [Persona 2] of the Smash Ultimate boards
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Spikyschlong

Spikyschlong
2 days ago#4
Stop assuming things based on the first character. People did that waaaay too much with Joker.

LynForTheWin
2 days ago#5
Spikyschlong posted...
Stop assuming things based on the first character. People did that waaaay too much with Joker.

The point of the first character is to MAKE you assume things. Not necessarily correct things, but ideally, things that will make you interested in buying the pass.

Joker did that much more effectively than Armsguy.
PM me pictures of Lyn!
Imagine the entire first fighter pass.
We have that entire amount of content ahead of us in this one. More, actually, because we know nothing about this new character except that they're from ARMS. Don't jump to conclusions about FP2 just yet. For all you know, all the other characters could be your top 5 picks.
DRAGONITE used BARRIER!

User Info: Hermitaur

Hermitaur
2 days ago#7
I'm honestly considering the possibility that some characters were moved around because certain publishers couldn't meet, like Sakurai said. I'm honestly having serious doubts that they needed 6 months to develop a character from ARMS of all things, even if the team is smaller.

I think Challenger Pack 6 was supposed to be someone else from a third party that they were making good progress on, then they couldn't get the final meetings in, so instead, since they were working on ARMS person in the background, they decided to move forward with that, but there wasn't enough there yet so the earliest they can release them is June.
https://inspirobot.me

User Info: Spikyschlong

Spikyschlong
2 days ago#8
LynForTheWin posted...
The point of the first character is to MAKE you assume things. Not necessarily correct things, but ideally, things that will make you interested in buying the pass.

Joker did that much more effectively than Armsguy.
You know for a fact that's not how it works

LynForTheWin
2 days ago#9
Spikyschlong posted...
You know for a fact that's not how it works

I know for a fact that is how it works. It's basic marketing.
PM me pictures of Lyn!

User Info: Prinny_dood

Prinny_dood
2 days ago#10
So, they're saving the best for last?
Holy crap, dood!
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. This doesn't bode well for FP2.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A