• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What's your opinion on an ARMS rep being in Smash?

User Info: ajniN_rebeiB

ajniN_rebeiB
3 days ago#41
too recent. isn't half as good or commercialized as splatoon and will probably flop in sales like banjoke
Justin Bieber created and saved the music industry
https://www.youtube.com/user/masterbazing

User Info: KingAshnard

KingAshnard
3 days ago#42
Strikes me as more of a base game choice than a DLC one, but it's not like I have a problem with it.

I was kind of surprised, though, since last I heard ARMS turned out to be a bit of a flop and never gained the traction Nintendo hoped it would.
All hail the king of Daein!
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: justdontask

justdontask
3 days ago#43
was ARMS even particularly successful? i remember it launched in the summer, everyone played it for a week... and then nothing. nobody ever said a word about it again. did it ever show up in a Direct after it launched, like with DLC or free updates or anything? i dont think it did.

meanwhile, Fire Emblem managed to show up in the only major Direct after it launched to talk about DLC, and got even more DLC when Byleth was added to Smash. its a single player game, yet it still had a much longer life-span than a competitive multiplayer game. whether Byleth was a good choice or not is not important, this really only highlights that arms-girl is an incredibly bad choice.

maybe armedgirl will be OP like Brawl Meta Knight? i cant imagine anyone playing as her for more than a few days unless shes really good. itll be Little Mac with projectile punchers.
somebody shoot me.

User Info: Uru_Zeph

Uru_Zeph
3 days ago#44
Considering it's a Nintendo IP that didn't have a rep yet, I'm happy with it and think it's a fine addition. I expected an ARMS character to come along eventually. Even if the game wasn't a huge blowout success, it was still a solid enough game (it's not like it was bad or even mediocre--it was a legitimately good game, just not a GREAT one).

A lot of people think ARMS flopped, but it really didn't. It just didn't have the same runaway success and hype that Splatoon had (on a flopped console no less). ARMS's biggest flaw was that it was boring to watch, which isn't a great thing for a fighter. As far as playing it went, there was plenty fun to be had.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz
3 days ago#45
Pretty much rules. ARMS is a fun game that deserves an even better sequel, and this might be their way of gearing up for one in the future. Whomever the character is (I'm kinda expecting a villain) is gonna be pretty sick to play as, furthering a legacy of wildly unique Smash characters that have come out mostly in 4 and Ult. Plus it's more 1st party DLC, which I'm happy to see, even if they have been totally killing it with the 3rd party choices.

I'm also wondering if they may do this sort of reveal process with more of the future characters? Like reveal which game/series they're from first and leave us all wondering for a while, until Sakurai's Power Hour finally lifts the curtain. Probably not, though. It works nicely for ARMS but maybe not for much else.

User Info: Ender68

Ender68
3 days ago#46
justdontask posted...
was ARMS even particularly successful?
It sold over 2 million copies.
Official Terry Bogard of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate boards.
Currently playing: Doom Eternal, Half-Life Alyx, Mega Man Zero 2

User Info: sinxsader

sinxsader
3 days ago#47
i hope its the female with the big ass
The Phenomenal One
The Best Bout Machine

User Info: PlasmaCannon

PlasmaCannon
3 days ago#48
Epic.

While ARMS should have been on the base roster better late than never. Certainly would take this over a random 3rd party inclusion especially some of the characters suggested by this board. Overall a very good way to start FP2 which is more than I can say about Joker in FP1.
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.

User Info: Uru_Zeph

Uru_Zeph
3 days ago#49
SmokeRulz posted...
Pretty much rules. ARMS is a fun game that deserves an even better sequel, and this might be their way of gearing up for one in the future. Whomever the character is (I'm kinda expecting a villain) is gonna be pretty sick to play as, furthering a legacy of wildly unique Smash characters that have come out mostly in 4 and Ult. Plus it's more 1st party DLC, which I'm happy to see, even if they have been totally killing it with the 3rd party choices.

I'm also wondering if they may do this sort of reveal process with more of the future characters? Like reveal which game/series they're from first and leave us all wondering for a while, until Sakurai's Power Hour finally lifts the curtain. Probably not, though. It works nicely for ARMS but maybe not for much else.

If my most wanted happens this format *definitely* wouldn't work, because it's Monster Hunter--I mean who else would they add, the Handler? A Palico? Although I guess they could reveal that the Monster Hunter is coming to smash and keep the weapon a secret. That's functionally very similar to keeping the specific character a secret.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: SirNightmayor

SirNightmayor
3 days ago#50
*yawn* its a safe pick
Friend Code: SW-3282-7059-0135
Feel free to add me!
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What's your opinion on an ARMS rep being in Smash?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A