• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. So Smash fans all said "OMG I want an ARMS character" before release

User Info: LRodC

LRodC
2 days ago#1
But now that an ARMS character is coming, they all say “Oh ARMS sucks and is irrelevant, I wish we had another character”.

I hate how inconsistent the fanbase can be sometimes. Do you like ARMS or not?
Philadelphia Eagles

User Info: JunDageki

JunDageki
2 days ago#2
Understand that the fanbase is not a hive mind.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

User Info: sambonizer

sambonizer
2 days ago#3
People tend to hate every single new character.
That said, I've seen people calling ARMS boring and whatnot before the announcement.
Something witty

User Info: SmashBurb

SmashBurb
2 days ago#4
I'm pretty sure an ARMS character wasn't wanted before release so much as it was expected.

"I think this will happen" and "I want this to happen" don't always line up.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: AquariumGravel

AquariumGravel
2 days ago#5
SmashBurb posted...
I'm pretty sure an ARMS character wasn't wanted so much as it was expected.

"I think this will happen" and "I want this to happen" don't always line up.

"Hey Hey Hey!"
PM me if you wanna sprite cranberry

User Info: WiiFitTrainer_

WiiFitTrainer_
2 days ago#6
I don't understand blanket statements like this. They're so dumb.

The Smash fans aren't a monolith. They don't all think the same. People view additions differently. Some want ARMS, some don't want ARMS. Why is that so hard to understand?
Your niche opinion is irrelevant and won't affect the sales of the series you hate. People will buy games from it and it'll thrive whether you like it or not.
  1. ARMS pre-release was somewhat alive. ARMS has been dead and buried for a while now.
  2. Building on that, it's a longer period to get sick of how ARMS plays. I barely play it and when it comes to parties or whatever, ARMS barely gets picked.
  3. At least Spring Man was just boring. Min Min just... sucks. Sure, it may not be Min Min, but I have a sinking feeling that Min Min was picked because she won that stupid tournament. I'm hoping for a Hero-like situation where Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, and Ninjara are all in and they can switch Arms at will.
Not changing this part until Saki Amamiya (or Isa Jo) gets into Smash as a playable character! Started: January 20, 2018.
Official Travis Touchdown of SmashFAQs

User Info: agamemenon

agamemenon
2 days ago#8
Adding to what others have said, there's a difference between wanting a character for the base game, and wanting a character, especially a first-party character that would essentially be taking spots from hundreds of potential (keyword being potential, doesn't have to be likely) third-party characters that would have no shot for the base game, for the DLC passes.

User Info: benjiross1

benjiross1
2 days ago#9
One vocal minority came out and clamored for ARMS before release. A separate vocal minority came out and criticized their inclusion.
The Official Pajama Sam Supporter of GameFAQs

User Info: Hermitaur

Hermitaur
2 days ago#10
LRodC posted...
But now that an ARMS character is coming, they all say “Oh ARMS sucks and is irrelevant, I wish we had another character”.

I hate how inconsistent the fanbase can be sometimes. Do you like ARMS or not?
ITT: overall gaming opinion cannot change over the course of 2 years
https://inspirobot.me
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. So Smash fans all said "OMG I want an ARMS character" before release
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A