• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Olimar's Alimony: Part 22 - Lost in Hyrule

User Info: Crimson_Squid

Crimson_Squid
1 month ago#1
@Colette-Brunel
@Already_in_Use
@Inf1ltrated_
@MrFuzz111
@EpicSnailMan
@Birdbrain
@CheerUpCrewcut
@Blaizeus
@jkid101094

Friendly reminder: Your choice is whether or not to hourglass Dai, and if not to come up with a new battle plan.
Arbiter of Smash Discussion
Switch: 0172-3818-7998

User Info: Blaizeus

Blaizeus
1 month ago#2
Argh, there was no way to think it was gonna be a 3 part attack or that he'd die from being at Slightly Damaged..that sucks. I dont feel strong abt reviving him or not. Ill vote if a tie needs broke
Arguments are good.

User Info: CheerUpCrewcut

CheerUpCrewcut
1 month ago#3
I'm sticking to my guns about reviving him, not just for his sick even if he is one of my more well liked characters, believe me on that account or not, I'm not the most trustworthy guy, but we HAVE been f***ing up this fight left and right, it stands to reason any advantage we have is important, and we should use it here. There may be an Act 2 left but I think we've never used the damn thing yet, maybe once during a King Boo boss fight or something to save Luigi.

Anyway, about this fight, I'll be pushing for an hourglass use until the battle ends, and I know at some point some of you will be or have already done the same, hate Dai or no, there's little better time than now to use the Hourglass than to save somebody.

I wanted to do this turn one because we f***ed up majorly and that was on me for not explaining Break/Topple better as well as thinking Mumkhar was still in Metal Face, so maybe that's why I'm gunning for it, but this is also a boss fight with Ghirahim, we might end up offing him now. I still stand by what I said at the stadium, offing Ghirahim then was our best move, discourse in enemy ranks be damned, an entire area of Hyrule and the biggest non-Ganondorf/Plasm threat left was worth it, and we might have the chance to at least off Ghirahim here. That's worth an hourglass use, our play with the bomb apparently just pissed him off, which might be a good thing for getting him in a position for major damage, but could very well also be the death sentence for Boney.
Official Honey Dakimakura of Smashfaqs
Hello to people who exist. If you don't exist, tough luck pal. Some random didn't say hello, take an axe to his face.

User Info: Birdbrain

Birdbrain
1 month ago#4
I’d rather not use An hourglass as there still is a very good chance we’ll lose someone else besides Dai and Mumkhar isn’t even at half health yet; he’s still a massive threat and is likely to kill someone even more important than Dai given how he dealt 4/5th of Dai’s health in one shot

As much as I want him to become super powered he’s still more or less dead weight this fight, I might’ve voted hourglass if we were in another Dracula situation and had a full guarantee since I feel Dai has more room to improve than Vinebeck but this is far from one given how we’re not even an 1/4th through the fight.

The fight itself is fine as we are all more or less at full health between Fawful and Riki’s healing and are easily in a position to Ghost Factory Dunban and spam him hard this turn but need some time to come up with a plan, and we need some way to assure we don’t lose someone like Dunban next turn if he triple swings and kills Dunban through Ghost Factory or something dumb
Author of the CYOA: Waluigi's Pirate Quest and a CYOA enthusiasts. Ping/DM me if you want me to check out a CYOA as I may track it.

User Info: Crimson_Squid

Crimson_Squid
1 month ago#5
The bomb did actually hurt Ghirahim FYI, maybe I should have made that more clear.

Arbiter of Smash Discussion
Switch: 0172-3818-7998

CheerUpCrewcut
1 month ago#6
For now, so long as we do not reach a decision I'm willing to consider other options, you make a point about Dai in this fight, and the bomb apparently actually working weakens my argument.

In general, Birdbrain basically weakened my argument to its last knees... But he also brings up in the future. We'll have go deal with Eggman at some point, it's likely we'll see Purah then, and Boney was specifically modified to be more useful there, we could get something worked out there, not to mention Falcon's arm cannon leg, someone like Samus might hook us up. Our hesitance to use the hourglass is because of a fear of the mistakes we'll make in the last act of Hyrule, but we have same said mistakes now, and we have in the past. We (for some reason, I think I voted against saving Vinebeck but I dunno why I think I was half asleep or some s***)'ve not touched the thing, the monk's immediate thought to EpicSnailMan's riddle was the hourglass, as it's a useful tool we for some reason haven't used, maybe we're supposed to actually use the damn thing, it's the type of item that can't be never used, it has to be used at some point. I'd rather we use it all and make a mistake at the end, when we're in the best shape to deal with a loss, then end up with two uses left and literally every villain dead except Elise, who's being held at gunpoint. If we ever use the gun I want it to be on Elise. Completely unrelated to the point I'm trying to make, but still.
Hello to people who exist. If you don't exist, tough luck pal. Some random didn't say hello, take an axe to his face.

User Info: EpicSnailMan

EpicSnailMan
1 month ago#7
I feel like we’ll end up reviving Dai and then he dies later this fight. I also don’t like him so why use it? Unsure

I can do a battle plan in like 4ish hours
"'Hey Brock, what is extreme speed?' 'When a Pokemon's speed goes to the extreme'" ~ Brock and Misty

CheerUpCrewcut
1 month ago#8
EpicSnailMan posted...
I feel like we’ll end up reviving Dai and then he dies later this fight. I also don’t like him so why use it? Unsure

I can do a battle plan in like 4ish hours
Weren't you the one who said we should use hourglasses only on characters who are long lasting members of the team or have room for development like Luigi or whatnot? It might've been Blaizeus or MrFuzz who said that, actually, but if it was you, Dai fulfills both conditions being the first party member we got after PNF-404, and you obviously hate his entire shtick yet we've set up for multiple developments of his character, such as the almost certain death of his father when Plasm overtook the world (we were asked whether or not we should tell him if his father is dead, even though we didn't actually know) or the loss of his arm. iirc a lot of people hated Elise, including Crimson, when we first got her, yet she stuck around as one of the biggest players in the story. Boney was a joke option Crimson tried to kill off at many available opportunities and is now the backbone of most any battle plan we make when not fighting the area boss. Dai possibly dying later anyway is a fine argument, but not liking him so he should stay dead isn't. I don't care about Groose much, or Peanut, but I wanted to use an hourglass at the stage. Wendy was never my favorite (until after that area, reflecting on it I found newfound love of Wendy) and I don't think she was particularly popular among any of us, yet we used our only 1-Up Mushroom thus far to save her life.

User Info: Already_in_Use

Already_in_Use
1 month ago#9
Here’s something to consider: Don’t use the hourglass, but keep Dai’s body preserved (Ice Climbers could help with this) until we can purchase (or convince Beedle to be charitable for) a 1-Up.

Wait, forgot Falcon can freeze as well
AERTUNL I EBT ENHTONRAALBNS DG
SCETNEHDSEWETEWUBEKBEOE ! I
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Olimar's Alimony: Part 22 - Lost in Hyrule
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A