• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Wtf happen at Genoboards, part 2
Hermitaur posted...
I was so happy to finally see "Wtf happen at Genoboard" disappear from the front page after weeks of it being there, but here we are.
https://youtu.be/bXanGuy0aGc?t=160
kaishin no ichigeki
Official Alt of SmashBurb/Slime

User Info: retrojake480

retrojake480
2 days ago#32
I don't know what you guys would do without Geno in your lives.

User Info: Tomasagaz14

Tomasagaz14
2 days ago#33
retrojake480 posted...

Have a better life in the internet.
Official Mr. Who Would Win.
Smash Most Wanteds: Phoenix Wright, Bandana Dee, Paper Mario, Terra Branford and Soma Cruz.
retrojake480 posted...
This thread isn't bout Geno though
kaishin no ichigeki

User Info: retrojake480

retrojake480
2 days ago#35
Tomasagaz14 posted...
Have a better life in the internet.

You made the thread obsessing over Geno fans tho :(

Why do you hate yourself?

Yosuke_Erdrick posted...
This thread isn't bout Geno though

O I C
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Slime

Slime
2 days ago#36
retrojake480 posted...

Geno isn't in our lives. There's an entire thread dedicated to that fact at Smashboards, which is what this topic is about.
A Slime draws near! Command?

User Info: Tomasagaz14

Tomasagaz14
1 day ago#37
Lol, people talking about Spirits like if they mean nothing "A spirit is a collectible item used to represent a character through a PNG while a trophy is a collectible item used to represent a character through a 3D model. As you can see, completely different"
Seems like somebody forgot the Gameplay part, which is one of the freakin main things of Spirits.
Official Mr. Who Would Win.
Smash Most Wanteds: Phoenix Wright, Bandana Dee, Paper Mario, Terra Branford and Soma Cruz.

User Info: Zero_Suit_Vi

Zero_Suit_Vi
1 day ago#38
Tomasagaz14 posted...
Lol, people talking about Spirits like if they mean nothing "A spirit is a collectible item used to represent a character through a PNG while a trophy is a collectible item used to represent a character through a 3D model. As you can see, completely different"
Seems like somebody forgot the Gameplay part, which is one of the freakin main things of Spirits.
I mean, to be completly fair on that, Spirits are the descendant of Stickers, that pretty much acted the same exact way, and stickers didn't care about overlap with playable characters
We didn't have DLC at that moment though, but still, don't believe in Geno, but I don't believe in Spirit Deconfirm either
Still hoping and cheering up for my Twilight Princess ! Bandana Dee for the win as well !
Zero_Suit_Vi posted...
I mean, to be completly fair on that, Spirits are the descendant of Stickers, that pretty much acted the same exact way, and stickers didn't care about overlap with playable characters
We didn't have DLC at that moment though, but still, don't believe in Geno, but I don't believe in Spirit Deconfirm either

I think the lack of DLC in Brawl is why Stickers can't really be used as a precedent, as it puts them in a non-parallel situation.

If Brawl had DLC, and some stickers were made into playable characters, then yeah, that'd be an interesting way to look at it. The lack of DLC in Brawl, however, means it doesn't really help establish, for better or worse, whether Spirits Deconfirm.

We could look at Trophies in Smash 4, but I believe the only trophies made playable were of veteran characters anyway. No trophies for the actual DLC Newcomers beyond their usual ones (Ryu, Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta.)

Honestly, the situation can be best summed up of "There is an absence of evidence that Spirits Deconfirm, ergo it's debatable if they are evidence of absence."

There are some cases where I do firmly believe Spirits Deconfirm. Resident Evil is probably the biggest example, as that Spirit Event came out at a time when they most likely knew who was in FP2 already. If an RE character was coming, they'd have probably stalled this event (assuming it was planned in advance) to coincide with the Character's release.
So yeah, I think a Spirit Event, especially later ones, are a soft-deconfirmation of the character.
Stormblood Abridged: My subpar FF14 Parody!
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=6929.0
(edited 1 day ago)
Can someone post the link to Fatman backing Mandy here
kaishin no ichigeki
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Wtf happen at Genoboards, part 2
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A