• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you genuinely and sincerely believe that Cloud Strife is a gaming icon?

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
1 week ago#11
Honestly, I was always bugged by Final Fantasy 7's mass over-hype. For me personally, 7's good but nowhere near close to my favorite of the series. In fact, I lean more favorably towards the non-Nomura games in general, and it's a bit disheartening to see that his design philosophy is not only overwhelmingly popular, but has pretty much taken over Square-Enix completely (or more so Square..... Dragon Quest still manages to be the pure and good Toriyama artstyle it's always been). Nevertheless, I would be remiss to not acknowledge that 7, nevertheless, IS a very popular game and has managed to retain such relevance over the past two decades. Granted, at least some of that might've just been the result of Squenix milking the god damn thing to death (be it through the Compilation of FF7 in the '00s, or now the remake that they're taking forever just to release a small portion of), but considering how well-loved it was even before such milking, I think a larger portion of its popularity may indeed be genuine.

User Info: poison_mutton

poison_mutton
1 week ago#12
Cloud is the poster boy for the entire JRPG genre, at least in the West.
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. is the most underrated first-party Nintendo title of all time

User Info: Punkachu98

Punkachu98
1 week ago#13
Yes.
Sometimes I want to laugh and cry at once, explain me what is justice what is light?
Official Charizard of SmashFaqs!

User Info: MrMoonlight

MrMoonlight
1 week ago#14
Of course I do.
Music LIVES!

User Info: crazybenjamin

crazybenjamin
1 week ago#15
Cloud Strife is not a generic anime swordsman, he's THE generic anime swordsman. That should count for something, right?

User Info: Chaos_Neo

Chaos_Neo
1 week ago#16
crazybenjamin posted...
Cloud Strife is not a generic anime swordsman, he's THE generic anime swordsman. That should count for something, right?

That's hero bro.

Cloud is the original spikey haird rpg edge lord

Take action and Work it into existence.

User Info: ScarletWarrior

ScarletWarrior
1 week ago#17
Uh, yeah

User Info: ArmoredJ

ArmoredJ
1 week ago#18
For gamers, yes. His recognition really drops off hard with non-gamers though.
CDayC: The Day GameFAQs United

User Info: Lyncario

Lyncario
1 week ago#19
He's one of the big icons of the PS1, along Lara Croft and Crash. He absolutely is.
Welcome to hell, also known as life. So come ready to die, welcome to hell!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dziFRSwVC9U

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
1 week ago#20
Considering how many character designers after FF7 tried to copy him I'd say so. But I don't particularly care about FF to go as far as to say that I "genuinely and sincerely" believe in anything FF related, I'm just leaning towards yes on this question.
Everything will be fire.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you genuinely and sincerely believe that Cloud Strife is a gaming icon?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A