• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What are Geno fans going to do when FP2 is done and he isnt playable?

User Info: Lyncario

Lyncario
2 weeks ago#91
ThunderNinja96 posted...
“IT’S DIFFERENT THIS TIME, I MEAN IT!”

First it was Ridley being too big and was a boss for two games, but he got in.

Then it was K. Rool not being in recent DKC games and him not appearing at all after the Wii era, but he got in.

Then it was Banjo being owned by Microsoft and that they would put in Minecraft Steve or Master Chief over him, yet he got in.

Now it’s Geno not being in new games, and that Nintendo doesn’t care about him and would pick a different Square character for FP2, yet like the others... he will get in.

Sometimes you gotta learn that whether you like it or not, if the fans want them, Sakurai will deliver on their request. It’s really simple, but I doubt you’ll believe me despite how impossible Banjo seemed at the time.
It wasn't different for Waluigi, Ashley, Bandana Dee, Isaac, Skull Kid, Decidueye, Shovel Knight, Shantae, Rex, Sans, and many other fan-favorites, including Geno. There's far more proofs going against you here.
Welcome to hell, also known as life. So come ready to die, welcome to hell!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dziFRSwVC9U

User Info: Oil_Panic

Oil_Panic
2 weeks ago#92
FireSonic posted...
Ridley: literally one of the main antagonist of metroid games

K. rool: the main antagonist of the older DKC games

Banjo: the main character of his games

Geno: uh... a side character in a one-off game from decades ago.
Other things about those characters that aren’t comparable to Geno: Demand for them outside of Smash.

When K. Rool wasn’t in Returns, people got upset over the old enemies not being in the new game. Same with Tropical Freeze. People hope to see them return in a third game, and don’t like how he went a full decade with no appearance in anything. He also gets demand to be in Mario spinoffs outside of that baseball game a decade ago.

Banjo still has people holding out for a good new game, or even just a remaster.

When Geno doesn’t appear in a Mario RPG, theres no controversy. When he’s not in a Mario spinoff, no one notices. He exists almost entirely in Smash circles, and it’s really weird.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
- God-like being, Futurama

User Info: ThunderNinja96

ThunderNinja96
2 weeks ago#93
Tomasagaz14 posted...
Ok, if literally nothing matters and anyone can join if they are requested, if Takeshi from Takeshi Challenge, one of the worst regarded games of all time, suddenly got tons of requests, he should join?

Damn looks like I broke you. Don’t worry dude, once you see Geno’s trailer you’ll see things our way.

FireSonic posted...
Ridley: literally one of the main antagonist of metroid games

K. rool: the main antagonist of the older DKC games

Geno: uh... a side character in a one-off game from decades ago.

Antagonists are clearly side characters too. That said, Diddy Kong & ZSS got in before their respective villains.

Hypnofeet posted...
And not even the main original character in that game. People should be asking for Mallow instead.

Shame that Ken revealed him as a Mii Costume.
GOTY 2020: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
Official GameFAQs Account of The Hypist. Mains Shulk & Banjo.

User Info: crazybenjamin

crazybenjamin
2 weeks ago#94
ThunderNinja96 posted...
That said, Diddy Kong & ZSS got in before their respective villains.
Diddy is DK's equivalent of Luigi, not a fair comparison. As for ZSS, she's literally the same person as Samus.

User Info: retrojake480

retrojake480
2 weeks ago#95
Oil_Panic posted...
When Geno doesn’t appear in a Mario RPG, theres no controversy. When he’s not in a Mario spinoff, no one notices. He exists almost entirely in Smash circles, and it’s really weird.

I'll disagree here. If you search up any youtube review or discussion of Mario RPG, most people know and like he characters in that universe - obviously including Geno. This is a blanket statement based on what you view. I highly doubt you actually search for anything related to SMRPG outside of smash circles.

User Info: crazybenjamin

crazybenjamin
2 weeks ago#96
retrojake480 posted...
If you search up any youtube review or discussion of Mario RPG,
But that's a game where he does appear. Oil_Panic is referring to discussion of games like Paper Mario.

User Info: retrojake480

retrojake480
2 weeks ago#97
crazybenjamin posted...
But that's a game where he does appear. Oil_Panic is referring to discussion of games like Paper Mario.

Ah well, my bad. It is certainly hard to rationalize getting a character like him into another Mario RPG considering copyrights issues. Square is a b**** when it comes to it (look at how stingy they are with god damn FF music in smash, holy s***). I bet they'd demand way more cash than Geno would ever be worth. A shame.

Sorry I misunderstood.

User Info: Yosuke_Erdrick

Yosuke_Erdrick
2 weeks ago#98
retrojake480 posted...
(look at how stingy they are with god damn FF music in smash, holy s***)
They don't own it
kaishin no ichigeki
Official Alt of SmashBurb/Slime

User Info: Reno_Ragestar

Reno_Ragestar
2 weeks ago#99
ThunderNinja96 posted...
Everyone ignoring this cause if they acknowledge that “it’s different this time”. Not only will they be called out for being a hypocrite but will get instant karma when Geno gets in.
It's not happening. Give up.

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
2 weeks ago#100
Not only will they be called out for being a hypocrite but will get instant karma when Geno gets in.
You think I give a s*** if people go 'Haha, told ya so!'?

Answer: No.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What are Geno fans going to do when FP2 is done and he isnt playable?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A