• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you believe Assists and Spirits deconfirm?

User Info: Zero_Suit_Vi

Zero_Suit_Vi
6 days ago#41
Pokesamus217 posted...
The same way it looks when K.Rool and WFT do it.
Or Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong + Bongos), or Kirby (Star Rod), or Joker (Phantom Thieves), or Ganondorf (Ganondorf (TP))
Never really understood that argument really ..
Still hoping and cheering up for my Twilight Princess ! Bandana Dee for the win as well !

User Info: SonicOkami

SonicOkami
6 days ago#42
Zero_Suit_Vi posted...
Or Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong + Bongos), or Kirby (Star Rod), or Joker (Phantom Thieves), or Ganondorf (Ganondorf (TP))
Never really understood that argument really ..

Because those K. Rool spirits and Wii Fit Trainer spirits are not those characters. Kaptain K. Rool is the Pirate persona and K. Roolenstien is the mad scientist persona. Wii Fit Trainer's spirits are not of them, it's of the yoga poses they are named after.

User Info: Pokesamus217

Pokesamus217
6 days ago#43
SonicOkami posted...
Because those K. Rool spirits and Wii Fit Trainer spirits are not those characters. Kaptain K. Rool is the Pirate persona and K. Roolenstien is the mad scientist persona. Wii Fit Trainer's spirits are not of them, it's of the yoga poses they are named after.
K.Rool in a hat isn’t a different character than K.Rool.
Unlimited Blade Works. For whenever you need to kill a guy with an ego the size of Canada.

User Info: grantholomew

grantholomew
6 days ago#44
SonicOkami posted...
So explain why Geno equipping a Geno Spirit would be any different than K Rool or WFT equipping their variant spirits.

Seriously this is a dumb argument...
Bandana Dee and Elma for Smash...someday...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70097815

User Info: Karovorak

Karovorak
6 days ago#45
Crash4Smash posted...
People who think base game Spirits don't deconfirm are hilarious. Can you please point to one DLC fighter who was a spirit and got upgraded? Just one. I'm willing to hear our your "theory" if there's any evidence for it lol

Well, the logic behind that is pretty easy: Base game spirits were not created with FP2 in mind, because it wasn't decided at that time.

FP1 was decided, with some runner ups, not making it. But they got the consolation price to be a spirit. Now they are again in the pool od options for FP2, and they I don't think that spirits are gonna reduce their chances.

Ofc, that theory is only able to stand if we simply assume that the fighters for fp2 got decided way after Smash release.

And even then there is no guarantee that the old runner ups of FP1 are simply again not good enough for FP2.

Is there any evidence? No, the only possible evidence are the still secret characters 6-11.

But there is also no evidence that base game spirits deconfirm. Especialy since the logic of "base game release" doesn't include the FP1 characters, since they were decided before official Smash release.

In short, who knows?
Different passes are different situations.

User Info: Zero_Suit_Vi

Zero_Suit_Vi
6 days ago#46
SonicOkami posted...
... If the name is what bothers you, Hilda and Dimitri proved that they could change those in updates, and Joker proved that the Fighter Spirit didn't have to be 1/1 with the In-Game Name, so I don't see what's the hold up ? If Wii Fit Trainer in a different position is another entity, whoever else is in Spirit with a different Artwork, or heck, with their Smash render (Like PKM Trainer), can easely cut it too
Still hoping and cheering up for my Twilight Princess ! Bandana Dee for the win as well !

SonicOkami
6 days ago#47
grantholomew posted...
So explain why Geno equipping a Geno Spirit would be any different than K Rool or WFT equipping their variant spirits.

Seriously this is a dumb argument...

Because Geno has no alternate form, all those others are alternate forms or in the case of Wii Fit Trainer, the way to represent what they have you do in their actual game. It's the same premise that "Fire" "Ball" and "Octopus" are not just "Oh it's just Game & Watch again."
Pokesamus217 posted...
K.Rool in a hat isn’t a different character than K.Rool.

Did you ever play DKC2 & 3? K.Rool is never even mentioned, those character names are.

SonicOkami
6 days ago#48
Zero_Suit_Vi posted...
... If the name is what bothers you, Hilda and Dimitri proved that they could change those in updates, and Joker proved that the Fighter Spirit didn't have to be 1/1 with the In-Game Name, so I don't see what's the hold up ? If Wii Fit Trainer in a different position is another entity, whoever else is in Spirit with a different Artwork, or heck, with their Smash render (Like PKM Trainer), can easely cut it too

The name changes are only to indicate different series, they never fully renamed a character outright.

User Info: grantholomew

grantholomew
6 days ago#49
I swear fan rules reach too far sometimes.

@SmashBurb this is what I meant by people using dumb logic for Spirits deconfirming
Bandana Dee and Elma for Smash...someday...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70097815

User Info: LeonMitarashi

LeonMitarashi
6 days ago#50
SonicOkami posted...
Don't remember if all of them are Primary, but doesn't Samus have like multiple spirits based on her various suits, as well as her young persona from Other M? They are still Samus in some way.
I do archery when I'm not playing video games or working.
Currently addicted to Monster Hunter World: Iceborne.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you believe Assists and Spirits deconfirm?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A