• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you believe Assists and Spirits deconfirm?

User Info: MoneyMan1002

MoneyMan1002
2 weeks ago#111
Hypnofeet posted...
This. Assist trophies exist for a reason.

They won't ever be playable... Till next game
I can't wait for the day this statement gets proven false too.
Delightful devilish, Seymour.

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
2 weeks ago#112
MoneyMan1002 posted...
I can't wait for the day this statement gets proven false too.
Alright then. But for now, this is very much true.

If I wanted Bomberman playable, I would've made him playable. Same goes for any Assist Trophy. The only trophy an exception is Springman because he was set to be playable but was late.

User Info: IdontcaresoFoff

IdontcaresoFoff
2 weeks ago#113
Hello891011 posted...
Assists yes, Spirits maybe.

Official Member of the Knuckles Gang.
Mains: Lucas, Marth, Jigglypuff, Banjo. MostWanteds: Geno, Player Character (JSaB), Tails

User Info: MaKoTiS_MoN

MaKoTiS_MoN
2 weeks ago#114
GoldenYuiitusin posted...
Just a f***ing hat as reference.
He doesn't don the entire costume.
You can't play as him in full Kaptain garb as a costume like you can as say, Meta Ridley or Pikachu Libre (and surprise surprise they have their own Fighter Spirits to go with that fact)
You can't select Kaptain K. Rool as a fighter.

You can however, select King K. Rool and use one move where he puts on a f***ing hat as a nod to his role in DKC2. That's it.

Get out of here with your nonsense. No one is ever going to take you seriously.

I don't see why people would take you seriously when you're moving goalposts like that.
ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
2 weeks ago#115
MaKoTiS_MoN posted...
I don't see why people would take you seriously when you're moving goalposts like that.

It's not really moving goalposts. There's no spirit in the game called King K. Rool.
"When he at the mic you don't go next" MF DOOM
Switch FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815 3DS FC: 4313 - 2332 - 4563

User Info: Ice_Dragon14

Ice_Dragon14
2 weeks ago#116
Crash4Smash posted...
People who think base game Spirits don't deconfirm are hilarious. Can you please point to one DLC fighter who was a spirit and got upgraded? Just one. I'm willing to hear our your "theory" if there's any evidence for it lol
Is there any proof saying they do deconfirm? Maybe for FP1 since there's the whole "why would they add them as a spirit if they're going to be DLC." FP2 though I doubt was planned, so they'd just needlessly be limiting themselves for some fan rule. They've already proven they can change the name of spirits with Hilda (The Legend of Zelda)
DL units: https://imgur.com/dWIAlsp

User Info: GoldenYuiitusin

GoldenYuiitusin
2 weeks ago#117
Vegeta1000 posted...
It's not really moving goalposts. There's no spirit in the game called King K. Rool.
This.
The Fighter is King K. Rool.
The Fighter Spirit is King K. Rool.

Kaptain K. Rool isn't the fighter.
Kaptain K. Rool isn't even a costume option like Meta Ridley or Pikachu Libre, which have Fighter Spirits themselves since you actually can PLAY AS THEM.

Kaptain K. Rool, who you CANNOT PLAY AS, is a regular Spirit you can equip.

Only people who are pathetically dense and desperate to find excuses consider Kaptain K. Rool a playable fighter to fit their narrative.
All K. Rool can do is don a pirate hat while using a particular weapon. You cannot control K. Rool as Kaptain K. Rool.

This cannot be argued, MaKo. Just stop. It's sad as hell.

User Info: Karovorak

Karovorak
2 weeks ago#118
GoldenYuiitusin posted...
This.
The Fighter is King K. Rool.
The Fighter Spirit is King K. Rool.

Kaptain K. Rool isn't the fighter.
Kaptain K. Rool isn't even a costume option like Meta Ridley or Pikachu Libre, which have Fighter Spirits themselves since you actually can PLAY AS THEM.

Kaptain K. Rool, who you CANNOT PLAY AS, is a regular Spirit you can equip.

Only people who are pathetically dense and desperate to find excuses consider Kaptain K. Rool a playable fighter to fit their narrative.
All K. Rool can do is don a pirate hat while using a particular weapon. You cannot control K. Rool as Kaptain K. Rool.

This cannot be argued, MaKo.

And the only reason why people care about that, is because it fits in their theory.

Like, seriously: As if anyone really cares about spirits (except the collectors) and who is equipable on who.

As if some huge, gamebreaking gaps in logic would tear open, just because someone has a spirit of itself, and it's not another costume or without some (changeable) meta-text in brackets.

Seriously. If somehow the magix happens, and Rex gets into FP2, they just have to change "Rex" into "Rex (Salvager)" and your whole problem is solved. At twists like that are easily done for anyone.

There are many reasons why a character is not gonna be a playable character, a changeable PNG sticker is none of that.

User Info: xAquaCrystal

xAquaCrystal
2 weeks ago#119

Ice_Dragon14 posted...
FP2 though I doubt was planned, so they'd just needlessly be limiting themselves for some fan rule.
how are they limited themselves? Most of the spirits are characters people don’t care about and I assume it’s just Sakurai and co way of saying “this is enough reputation for these characters”. Nintendo can easily pick 6 fighters without having the characters be already a spirit in game. Besides the only spirits the fans care about is Geno, rayman and shantae

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
2 weeks ago#120
People need to stop using multiple spirits of King K Rool forms or Wii Fit Trainer as an excuse for Spirits being allowed to be DLC.

It makes no f***ing sense regardless.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you believe Assists and Spirits deconfirm?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A