• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Add a character to represent a forgotten aspect of gaming

User Info: McLahey

McLahey
2 weeks ago#21
DuranmanX4 posted...
After the deaths of Fatal Frame and Silent Hill, survival horror as a genre has gone by the wayside, even RE was nearly gone after RE6
Hey man, there's still hope :(

Unless you mean you considered it dead with Fatal Frame V, which is fair

But yes, I will forever be crying over the fate of the survival horror genre. We've only had, like, 5 good games since the early 2000's.
"It's raining again."

User Info: stinkycat

stinkycat
2 weeks ago#22
DuranmanX4 posted...
Is there terrible English VA to go along with it?
Yeah Jim Carrey impression and all
The names Woody Wiiiiiiiild Woody

User Info: PacificFun

PacificFun
2 weeks ago#23
Quality Education games.

So Carmen Sandiego
I really don't get life at all.

User Info: _JuicytigeR_

_JuicytigeR_
2 weeks ago#24
PlasmaCannon posted...
How about Chell from Portal to represent times when games didn't need funny cutscenes in order to tell a story? Portal 2 was a brilliant game imo.

I still stand by the opinion that Phantasy Star 1 was way ahead of it's time.
Sure, if it had a map. >.>

Anyways, I don't agree with Phantasy Star 1 because when it comes to those type of games, there Etrian Odyssey, which has a cult following, and SMT Strange Journey, which had a remake for the 3DS not long ago (and it also has a cult following. One of my most favorite SMT games of all times).

User Info: LawnNinja

LawnNinja
2 weeks ago#25
Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal - Vehicular Combat

Jehuty from Zone of the Enders - Anime Mecha Shooter

Haggar from Final Fight - Arcade Beat Em Up

Yellow Wizard from Gauntlet Legends - Arcade Dungeon Co-Op

I think old school point-and-click adventure/puzzle games deserve a nod, but the only ones I really played were Myst and Riven, and they don't really have any characters that could translate to Smash.

It'd also be cool to somehow make a character based on pinball tables, but I'd be hard pressed to think of how that could be done well.
"It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

User Info: RoadRollerGuy

RoadRollerGuy
2 weeks ago#26
Doomguy for representing blood and gore.
People died when they were killed. --Logic Man

User Info: HackedDragonite

HackedDragonite
2 weeks ago#27
Manny Calavera to represent point-and-click adventure games.
DRAGONITE used BARRIER!
(message deleted)

User Info: Lyncario

Lyncario
2 weeks ago#29
Reimu for smhups. They were popular in the 90s, but if you ask about smhups, then the 2 answers you can half expect will be Touhou and Ikaruga. Maybe Seihou and Len'en if there's an hardcore Touhou fan.
Welcome to hell, also known as life. So come ready to die, welcome to hell!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dziFRSwVC9U

User Info: Izzy0585

Izzy0585
2 weeks ago#30
Zool to represent the era of games where you couldn't move on to the next screen until you collected a certain amount of collectibles or defeated a boss.

Oh, is that the same as Banjo? Then we'll just call him a product of the Amiga era, or games that you gave you the experience of a "game trip" without actually being under the influence yourself (try the Genesis game, he runs faster than Sonic, but in the SNES version it's like he's on Oxycontin.)

Toejam & Earl would work for the random Rogue-like level/floor generation, which one of the games that I recall that has done that recently... was the new Toejam & Earl that came out last year. So yeah, it's a largely untapped game resource these days.

And of course Klaymen from The Neverhood for the forgone era of the point-and-click adventure trope, but they have a better opportunity of constructing a moveset from Skullmonkeys.
Agrume - Days of Future Funk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiBWucFeThs
Ocelot - Vincent's Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpkVO1I0ndo
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Add a character to represent a forgotten aspect of gaming
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A