• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. A little secret about Geno

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 days ago#31
CuterChihuahua2 posted...
Nope, Mii costumes are the trash can of characters Sakurai hates.
That argument doesn't work when characters who got costumes in SSB4 are playable here and also Mario, Link, Samus and Captain Falcon have Mii costumes.
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde/Seth/Linne team (BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle), Goku SS/Vegeta SS (FZ).

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
4 days ago#32
Geno fans themselves are the cause of Geno's demise.

crazybenjamin posted...
Another example: he's only notable because his big role was in a Mario game.
And has had only one appearance. Hasn't had an appearance since then.

Why should he get in over other notable characters that people recognize more?
November 8th, 2016 was the day that became a HUGE nightmare for America & the rest of the world once Donald Trump was elected president.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: firedoom666

firedoom666
4 days ago#33
VenusaurOU posted...
King K. Rool's strongest fan popularity campaign was during Smash 4 and the ballot era, the only time when fan opinion mattered. He was not a super strong entity for Brawl and did not have to be.
K Rool did have some significant support during the Brawl days, people back then were obsessed with more villains getting added, and there was a significant amount of people supporting him in arguments on who should be in between him and Diddy.

By pure numbers Diddy had more support, but it was it was something like a 60-40 split so quite a bit of debate, and once Diddy was confirmed for Brawl a lot of the K Rool supporters quieted down, believing they would not get more DK characters.

I mostly remember this, because before the Brawl days I had no idea who K Rool was.
The Duke of Gravity in Smash Bros Big Brother!
Chibi-Robo for Smash Ultimate! SmashBurb was right about the number of Stages!

User Info: Miraclechao

Miraclechao
4 days ago#34
Shinobi120 posted...
Geno fans themselves are the cause of Geno's demise.

And has had only one appearance. Hasn't had an appearance since then.

He had two appearance! (• u•)/
He made a very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very short appearance in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga during a short mini-game. The remake of the game removed this appearance... so I guess it was retconned back to one appearance? Let's just count it as two anyway.
Do the impossible and link me to a Wario Doujinshi, proof of Lip being confirmed for Smash, or a sequel to Billy Hatcher.
http://tinyurl.com/HereIsMySig ( ^w^)

User Info: SmashBurb

SmashBurb
4 days ago#35
Shinobi120 posted...

Do you have any idea how delusional a lot of Geno fans are?

They unironically think he was the main character of SMRPG and that SMRPG was actually this super important game in the Mario series, when in actuality, Geno was a sidekick who contributes nothing to the plot (he pretty much just appears, gives some plot exposition, and then shuts up until the end of the game) and SMRPG is just a spinoff.

User Info: SmashBurb

SmashBurb
4 days ago#36
firedoom666 posted...
K Rool did have some significant support during the Brawl days, people back then were obsessed with more villains getting added, and there was a significant amount of people supporting him in arguments on who should be in between him and Diddy.

By pure numbers Diddy had more support, but it was it was something like a 60-40 split so quite a bit of debate, and once Diddy was confirmed for Brawl a lot of the K Rool supporters quieted down, believing they would not get more DK characters.

I mostly remember this, because before the Brawl days I had no idea who K Rool was.

There was demand for K. Rool pre-Brawl, but he didn't really become a major force until SSB4.

User Info: Drag0nBlade

Drag0nBlade
4 days ago#37
SmashBurb posted...
Do you have any idea how delusional a lot of Geno fans are?

They unironically think he was the main character of SMRPG and that SMRPG was actually this super important game in the Mario series, when in actuality, Geno was a sidekick who contributes nothing to the plot (he pretty much just appears, gives some plot exposition, and then shuts up until the end of the game) and SMRPG is just a spinoff.

Most of the fandom for geno stems from Sakurai mentioning him back in the melee/brawl days. can almost guarantee that Geno would have no support if not for Sakurai mentioning him once.
I make video games.
firedoom666 posted...

I don't recall K. Rool getting much discussion if at all until after Dedede was revealed, honestly. Much too late to mean anything.

User Info: Lord__Xander

Lord__Xander
4 days ago#39
That's because most of Geno's fans were memers and were to busy voting for Shrek
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/3/0/4/AAd1YqAAALjI.jpg
"Hey Hey Hey!"
PM me if you wanna sprite cranberry
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. A little secret about Geno
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A