• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Guys if you don't like byleth, then do this.

User Info: misterhuffnpuff

misterhuffnpuff
4 weeks ago#1
Don't buy him. Tada, simple :)

Just wait for the other 6 f***ing characters.

Like damn, how dare they put a character from the most voted game by fans of 2019, so stupid, sakurai belongs on a cross.

User Info: maro_man_1

maro_man_1
4 weeks ago#2
misterhuffnpuff posted...

Like damn, how dare they put a character from the most voted game by fans of 2019, so stupid, sakurai belongs on a cross.
They chose to include Byleth in Smash months before Three Houses was released.

User Info: Hemerukio

Hemerukio
4 weeks ago#3
maro_man_1 posted...
They chose to include Byleth in Smash months before Three Houses was released.

This is true. They didn't put Byleth in because Three Houses was a massive success, the DLC roster was decided years ago. The game could've been a flop and Byleth still would've got in.

Also, the "hehe don't buy it sweetie :)" argument fails hard because the reason for the outrage is not because of the character but because the character is taking up a slot that could've gone to someone more deserving.
PSN: Everember
Saber and Emiya belong in Smash Ultimate.

misterhuffnpuff
4 weeks ago#4
Hemerukio posted...
Also, the "hehe don't buy it sweetie :)" argument fails hard because the reason for the outrage is not because of the character but because the character is taking up a slot that could've gone to someone more deserving.
Damn, almost 80 characters and you guys complain about one, the smash fandom sure is entiteled.

Even after how great the previous characters were.

Hemerukio
4 weeks ago#5
Damn, almost 80 characters and you guys complain about one, the smash fandom sure is entiteled.

Even after how great the previous characters were.

• 4/5 of the DLC have been from IPs not represented in Smash yet
  • 4/5 have lovingly crafted stages that evoke the feelings of their debut games
  • 4/5 of them don't feel shilled for the sake of marketing to promote another game with ongoing and upcoming DLC

The stage looks and feels rushed, Byleth's Final Smash is the worst looking one in the roster, and it feels like a soulless corporate decision rather than one that came from personal passion from Sakurai like Terry or from overwhelming fan demand like Banjoke.

Not to mention that their original excuse for not including Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was that he was "too recent" from back in 2017 and we got a Mii Fighter costume and spirits instead. Yet Byleth, from a game released in 2019, isn't too recent? Something got pulled here.

Byleth was clearly intended to be a part of Smash, but something smells an awful lot like they weren't supposed to be in this first wave of DLC. Rex from one of the first AAA games on the Switch that sold insanely well and is still loved now doesn't get in because he's too recent from back in 2017, yet this 2019 character gets in? All the exceptions are made for Fire Emblem all the time, and it's getting tiring.

User Info: HeroGod

HeroGod
4 weeks ago#6
Hemerukio posted...

This is true. They didn't put Byleth in because Three Houses was a massive success, the DLC roster was decided years ago. The game could've been a flop and Byleth still would've got in.

When will you people understand that "deserve" means nothing in Smash?
The official Badass Wurmple of GameFaqs!

misterhuffnpuff
4 weeks ago#7
Hemerukio posted...
4/5 of the DLC have been from IPs not represented in Smash yet
4/5 have lovingly crafted stages that evoke the feelings of their debut games
4/5 of them don't feel shilled for the sake of marketing to promote another game with ongoing and upcoming DLC
So? they aren't supposed to be all third party.

So? Why isn't byleth and his stage lovingly crafted, it's such a varie character with never before seen tools.

Also, shilling? Are you stupid? Shilling your own company that you work for? That's no shilling, also, it was nintendo that picked the characters, no sakurai.

And besides, what's telling you rex isn't going to part of the second pass?

Again, nintendo and sakurai owe you nothing.

You're allowed to be disappointed, i myself would rather someone else, but byleth seems fun to play and brings new things to the table like the other dlcs. But at least think a little about this before attacking the fe fans or sakurai and his team.

Hemerukio
4 weeks ago#8
So? they aren't supposed to be all third party.

So? Why isn't byleth and his stage lovingly crafted, it's such a varie character with never before seen tools.

Also, shilling? Are you stupid? Shilling your own company that you work for? That's no shilling, also, it was nintendo that picked the characters, no sakurai.

And besides, what's telling you rex isn't going to part of the second pass?

Again, nintendo and sakurai owe you nothing.

You're allowed to be disappointed, i myself would rather someone else, but byleth seems fun to play and brings new things to the table like the other dlcs. But at least think a little about this before attacking the fe fans or sakurai and his team.

Are you stupid? I'm not attacking anyone. lmao

The people sending death threats as usual and participating in the Twitter Wars (TM) are awful and should not be encouraged. I'm voicing disappointment, not shaking with anger. I've already come to terms with the fact that none of my most wanted picks will get in because I'm part of niche fandoms. But they can do better than another FE character.

And you know what sucks? Byleth IS an interesting character to play as with what they've done. I like it, I really do. They're the only FE character to catch my eye and get me interested in playing as them.

But for the next Smash game they need to thin these FE characters. Marth, Robin, Ike and Byleth; delete the rest. MAYBE keep Corrin if only because their moveset is unique, but I wouldn't shed a tear if they got Thanos'd too.

misterhuffnpuff
4 weeks ago#9
Hemerukio posted...
The people sending death threats as usual and participating in the Twitter Wars (TM) are awful and should not be encouraged. I'm voicing disappointment, not shaking with anger. I've already come to terms with the fact that none of my most wanted picks will get in because I'm part of niche fandoms. But they can do better than another FE character.

And you know what sucks? Byleth IS an interesting character to play as with what they've done. I like it, I really do. They're the only FE character to catch my eye and get me interested in playing as them.
Good, i'm glad you're seeing this the other way then, and not one of those twitter asses, sorry for calling you stupid.

Byleth does seem fun, do try three houses, it's a decent game with good characters, but the gameplay, visuals and overall plot leaves somehing to be desired

User Info: Collat

Collat
4 weeks ago#10
Hemerukio posted...
slot

1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Guys if you don't like byleth, then do this.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A