• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. With all The Witcher hype of late, just imagine if #5 is Geralt of Rivia.

User Info: Nath1343

Nath1343
1 week ago#1
The Witcher, which was already an extremely well-received video game series with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt viewed by many as one of the greatest games of this decade, has again exploded with popularity thanks to the recent Netflix adaptation starring Henry Cavill as Geralt. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt made its way onto the Nintendo Switch in 2019 and enjoyed a positive reception on the console as a faithful port which sold strongly for a 4 year old game, meaning he wouldn't feel too out of place in the ever-expansive Smash roster which has opened itself well and truly up to third party franchises of late.

Based on the whimsical and fantastical, although equally gruesome books by Andrzej Sapkowski, The Witcher has already crossed over in the video game-sphere before with SoulCalibur and Monster Hunter the two most notable instances.

Geralt himself offers exciting moveset potential with his steel and silver swords (yes, he's a swordsman sorry), his signs such as Igni (fire), Axii (mind control), Aard (telekinetic blast), Yrden (magic trap) and Quen (shield), a crossbow and Witcher potions to name a few options.

So you know what?
I'm climbing aboard The Witcher Train and I'm hoping for Geralt of Rivia as #5.

User Info: Tom Clark

Tom Clark
1 week ago#2
Not originally a game character, unfortunately. He would've been great, too.
http://i.imgur.com/6eF0W.gif

User Info: Spikyschlong

Spikyschlong
1 week ago#3
Book character

User Info: whydrewk

whydrewk
1 week ago#4
I'm sold on it being Dante, but I think this would be a great alternative. I haven't played the Witcher 3, or the series, but I think I'd be interesting in trying out the main character in Smash.

If it's Dante, I'll buy it. If it's a different character, I'll base my decision on Sakurai's awesome presentation, but I like the idea of it not being Dante just as much as I like it possibly being Dante.

User Info: Galbrant

Galbrant
1 week ago#5
Spikyschlong posted...
Book character

3DS Name: Galbrant, Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Grass, Oddish, Swadloon, Quilladin. 3DS FC: 3840-5922-4421

User Info: StrongerDoggo

StrongerDoggo
1 week ago#6
witcher is overhyped
my dog can write better stories
and you know what
the writer of the books is an a******
he hates the games but praises the series
the series is based on the games more than the book as evident by the personalities of the characters being way different than in the books
and he loves the series
his reason for hating the games was the alteration of characters
he hates games so he doesn't deserve his self insert into mythology world to be in any game tbh
Tonight we hunt!

User Info: Dyno98

Dyno98
1 week ago#7
StrongerDoggo posted...

he hates games so he doesn't deserve his self insert into mythology world to be in any game tbh
Well, Geralt is already in Soul Calibur and Monster Hunter and it's awesome in both games lol
"All units, this is your commander Elma. Lets go!"

User Info: StrongerDoggo

StrongerDoggo
1 week ago#8
Dyno98 posted...
Well, Geralt is already in Soul Calibur and Monster Hunter and it's awesome in both games lol
>awesome in monster hunter
>literally one quest with the tree spirit and then gives you magic
>magic for a world without magic
tfw even the final fantasy xiv giant kut kulu with the crystal and behemoth make more sense than that
and his armor is so ugly like ew even low rank alloy armors are better looking
Tonight we hunt!

User Info: Dark_Zoroark

Dark_Zoroark
1 week ago#9
Toss a coin to your Witcher.
FC:1633-4315-8950| Official Young Link of the MM3D and SSBU boards
Ban the worst person on gamefaqs: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/user?board=1947548

User Info: Nath1343

Nath1343
1 week ago#10
Tom Clark posted...
Not originally a game character, unfortunately. He would've been great, too.
Is this a confirmed caveat or is it just a made-up board rule?

Many new precedents have been set for Ultimate so far.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. With all The Witcher hype of late, just imagine if #5 is Geralt of Rivia.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers