• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Reminder that if its Dante then smash will be even more playstation than PSASBR

User Info: CrazyDiamondSP

CrazyDiamondSP
1 week ago#1
Smash would feature the following characters that were prominent on the playstation(3rd party only of course):

-Cloud Strife:FFVII nuff' said
-Solid Snake: Metal gear made its huge breakout on PS
-Ryu:Series pretty much left nintendo consoles after the snes
-Joker: persona main series is pretty much a sony staple
-Dante(the real one): series started on PS2 and had most on sony systems

At this point the only essential prominent sony characters would be(3rd party again of course):

-Crash Bandicoot
-Lara croft
-Jin kazama/heihachi Mishima

Note that out of all the characters mentioned in this thread the only one to really feature on PSA was heihachi(no el donte doesnt count and dont even bring it up or i'll slap you)

TL;DR: Smash is better at building a Sony roster than sony it seems v_v
PS: For obvious reasons Ive excluded sony 1st and 2nd party as there is no way in hell those have a realistic chance
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Lloyd(alone),Solaire(alone)

User Info: mothballs

mothballs
1 week ago#2
Smash is just an outright better GAME then PS all stars

they tried to rip off the platform fighter thing and even tried something different... but it sucked

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
1 week ago#3
honestly sony doesn't care too much about having a roster of characters associated with their brand so that's one of the reasons something like PS All Stars Battle Royale was never gonna work

Booping In The Scoop

User Info: ArroganceMalice

ArroganceMalice
1 week ago#4
mothballs posted...
Smash is just an outright better GAME then PS all stars

they tried to rip off the platform fighter thing and even tried something different... but it sucked
Smash didn’t invent the platform fighter either though
"We each play out the parts fate has written for us. Free will is an illusion."
I have never seen the truth hurt more than here on GameFAQs.

User Info: P1GM4N

P1GM4N
1 week ago#5
NightMareBunny posted...
honestly sony doesn't care too much about having a roster of characters associated with their brand so that's one of the reasons something like PS All Stars Battle Royale was never gonna work
So true. I wasn’t the only one confused by Big Daddy’s inclusions as a “PlayStation All-Star”, right?
Press X to Doubt
https://youtu.be/vkOJ9uNj9EY

User Info: TMOG

TMOG
1 week ago#6
PS All-Stars was a good game, barring the questionable roster and the bad decision to only use supers to score kills. If they can scrounge up a better cast (which should be way easier nowadays) and eliminate the super-kill system, I'd love to see them take a shot at a PS All-Stars 2.

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
1 week ago#7
P1GM4N posted...
So true. I wasn’t the only one confused by Big Daddy’s inclusions as a “PlayStation All-Star”, right?

if Sony Didn't have the third party support then Playstation wouldn't be so great

i miss when they had exclusive characters and ran with this specific image for The PS1 i suppose

now a days they don't have one and cartoony characters like Parappa(and Um Jammer Lammy from the same universe) as well as sly cooper don't seem to have much of a place in the current playstation family

Booping In The Scoop

User Info: CrazyDiamondSP

CrazyDiamondSP
1 week ago#8
NightMareBunny posted...

if Sony Didn't have the third party support then Playstation wouldn't be so great

i miss when they had exclusive characters and ran with this specific image for The PS1 i suppose

now a days they don't have one and cartoony characters like Parappa(and Um Jammer Lammy from the same universe) as well as sly cooper don't seem to have much of a place in the current playstation family

Sony has all but abandoned its wacky cartoon characters in favor of realistic humans to portray the mature image they strife for with the playstation, a current day PSA roster would have a rather bland selection of characters when you consider that a bunch of them are literally average humans that almost seem like they came out from the same game.
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Lloyd(alone),Solaire(alone)

User Info: Kohlrak

Kohlrak
1 week ago#9
NightMareBunny posted...

Yeah, they seem to prefer exclusive features in games. They don't seem to want to keep their hands on any IPs, which i think is cool, and probably the only cool thing about sony.
To hell with taking seriously this fascist site. I'll go to where the moderation either isn't arbitrary or doesn't exist, preferably the latter.

User Info: Kohlrak

Kohlrak
1 week ago#10
CrazyDiamondSP posted...
Sony has all but abandoned its wacky cartoon characters in favor of realistic humans to portray the mature image they strife for with the playstation, a current day PSA roster would have a rather bland selection of characters when you consider that a bunch of them are literally average humans that almost seem like they came out from the same game.

They can't handle boobies, anymore, though.
To hell with taking seriously this fascist site. I'll go to where the moderation either isn't arbitrary or doesn't exist, preferably the latter.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Reminder that if its Dante then smash will be even more playstation than PSASBR
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers