• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you prefer female waifu anime characters or male western dudebro characters?

User Info: demon_cleaner

demon_cleaner
1 week ago#91
Red_Rosemon posted...
I'm probably the closest you get to a woman with multiple husbands but it's more like multiple FWBs.

It's a fustercluck and I'd strongly advise against it.
I don't believe in poligamy/multiple relationships.
As a wise man once said: "love doesn't share itself with the world. Love is suspicious, love is needy.
Love is fearful, love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!"

But one night stands are a completely different thing.
It's, like uuuh... the sexual equivalent to those unbreakable friendships you forge with random dudes while you're drunk as f***, and then you never see each other again.

User Info: Kohlrak

Kohlrak
1 week ago#92
demon_cleaner posted...
But what if she doesn't want kids to begin with? The stuff you're saying is more or less true but it doesn't really apply after the sexual revolution and after sex has started to be near-universally seen as a past-time activity. Even you said that women have an easier time finding partners (which is true), so by that logic even if they "waste" one night it shouldn't amount to much.
Also, I'm pretty sure all my one night stands were with older women. Take this, evolution.

In reality, attention for women is like a drug. It is for men, too, but men have more time to waste on it.

As for "not wanting kids," well, interestingly enough, it turns out it's something alot of people say, but the tune changes later, at least with women. I see women saying they never want to get married, then this thing called "the wall" happens, and we see these women later saying they wish they would've listened. Not all do, but it's interesting to watch, and depressing.

DuranmanX4 posted...
eventually men would need to share wives, in which case wives have the same husband and husbands have the same wives, so intentionally or not, it leads to the numbers being the same

it reminds me when people used to say more PS4 owners had a 3DS than 3DS owners had a PS4

the only way you would know is if people without a PS4 but with a 3DS was lesser than the amount of people without a 3DS but with a PS4

Except, throughout history, most men did not reproduce, but we could argue that it was because men wouldn't allow sharing women to be legal. However, the fact that polygamy still happened despite that restriction for most of human history should tell you that we have no problem "leaving men behind." My interviews with women on the whole show that women are more afraid of exclusion than sharing: a woman would rather share than have nothing. This isn't necessarily true for men, although there are plenty of cases, just as you'll find cases for the inverse. It may be anecdotal, meaning nothing, but my experience shows that you'll end up seeing more women getting married by far than men, and most men will be "left behind."
To hell with taking seriously this fascist site. I'll go to where the moderation either isn't arbitrary or doesn't exist, preferably the latter.

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
1 week ago#93
Kohlrak posted...
Except, throughout history, most men did not reproduce, but we could argue that it was because men wouldn't allow sharing women to be legal. However, the fact that polygamy still happened despite that restriction for most of human history should tell you that we have no problem "leaving men behind." My interviews with women on the whole show that women are more afraid of exclusion than sharing: a woman would rather share than have nothing. This isn't necessarily true for men, although there are plenty of cases, just as you'll find cases for the inverse. It may be anecdotal, meaning nothing, but my experience shows that you'll end up seeing more women getting married by far than men, and most men will be "left behind."
well then you end up in situations where everyone is someone's sibling or cousin
The official Dragon Quest VIII Hero of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate boards
My game collection: https://i.imgur.com/2DGX7e1.jpg https://i.imgur.com/gj9Kg9B.jpg

Kohlrak
1 week ago#94
P1GM4N posted...
It doesn’t but it’s the thought that counts. He was simply unaware and too late, had he known beforehand, he would’ve rescued her like he did for VEGA.

Like you said, being a bro is personally caring for others, and he technically still is for Daisy. If it helps, imagine if we swapped out the bunny for say, Doomguy’s theoretical sibling, and you’d get the picture.

The question is, did he go into hell knowing she was dead and wnt to get revenge, or was the revenge incidental upon finding her dead having already went to hell?

Red_Rosemon posted...
I'm probably the closest you get to a woman with multiple husbands but it's more like multiple FWBs.

It's a fustercluck and I'd strongly advise against it.

I'm curious, what motivates you then? XD

DuranmanX4 posted...
well then you end up in situations where everyone is someone's second cousin

Is it any wonder that polygamy always was, and still is, more common in countries where they also allow cousin marriage?
To hell with taking seriously this fascist site. I'll go to where the moderation either isn't arbitrary or doesn't exist, preferably the latter.

demon_cleaner
1 week ago#95
Kohlrak posted...
In reality, attention for women is like a drug. It is for men, too, but men have more time to waste on it.

As for "not wanting kids," well, interestingly enough, it turns out it's something alot of people say, but the tune changes later, at least with women. I see women saying they never want to get married, then this thing called "the wall" happens, and we see these women later saying they wish they would've listened. Not all do, but it's interesting to watch, and depressing.
The tune may change later, but in that instant they're probably just looking for intercourse with no care at all for having children (that's part of what protections are for). So it's a free choice. And if it's a free choice... where's the harm?
Also, a good relationship may begin as a one night stand. It happens.

User Info: zumaddy

zumaddy
1 week ago#96
Well this thread has gone to hot s*** in a minute.

Since I play a lot of RPGs, my most wanteds are overall leaning more towards female RPG reps. Would like Dragonborn, though.
Magcargo is love, Magcargo is life
Playing: Smash Bros, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Outer Worlds

Kohlrak
1 week ago#97
demon_cleaner posted...
The tune may change later, but in that instant they're probably just looking for intercourse with no care at all for having children (that's part of what protections are for). So it's a free choice. And if it's a free choice... where's the harm?
Also, a good relationship may begin as a one night stand. It happens.

The devaluation is the harm. They choose the harm, so it's cool, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. Yes, it's their time being wasted and they're choosing to waste it, but that doesn't mean it's not harm. On the flip side, not all the time are they choosing to waste it. Some women aren't as smart and are thinking that some guy they meet (we're assuming this is at a bar or something) might actually stay with them if they f*** on the first date, especially since dating culture seems to push that idea. And maybe, as part of the process, the guy is suggesting that it's more than just a one night stand. This is especially harmful. Sure, she should know better, but she doesn't.

zumaddy posted...
Well this thread has gone to hot s*** in a minute.

Since I play a lot of RPGs, my most wanteds are overall leaning more towards female RPG reps. Would like Dragonborn, though.

I blame Kyu.

Edit: I don't know why, but she's ultimately a character that fits both categories. Why did it take me this long?

User Info: Dyno98

Dyno98
1 week ago#98
This is definitely a good question. Of my most wanted, one is a "female anime waifu" (Elma from Xenoblade X) and all the rest are male western dudebro (Doomslayer, Dovahkiin, Scorpion, maybe even Chosen Undead even if he's Japanese...).
"All units, this is your commander Elma. Lets go!"

Kohlrak
1 week ago#99
Dyno98 posted...
This is definitely a good question. Of my most wanted, one is a "female anime waifu" (Elma from Xenoblade X) and all the rest are male western dudebro (Doomslayer, Dovahkiin, Scorpion, maybe even Chosen Undead even if he's Japanese...).

I want to know how scorpion is a bro.

demon_cleaner
1 week ago#100
Kohlrak posted...
The devaluation is the harm. They choose the harm, so it's cool, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. Yes, it's their time being wasted and they're choosing to waste it, but that doesn't mean it's not harm. On the flip side, not all the time are they choosing to waste it. Some women aren't as smart and are thinking that some guy they meet (we're assuming this is at a bar or something) might actually stay with them if they f*** on the first date, especially since dating culture seems to push that idea. And maybe, as part of the process, the guy is suggesting that it's more than just a one night stand. This is especially harmful. Sure, she should know better, but she doesn't.
But how is that time more wasted than... I dunno, staying home alone watching a movie? That's my point.
Trying to exclude manipulative people from the conversation here. There's actually not as many of them as it may seem, at least in my experience.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you prefer female waifu anime characters or male western dudebro characters?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers