• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you prefer female waifu anime characters or male western dudebro characters?

User Info: Chaos-15

Chaos-15
1 week ago#71
Kohlrak posted...
Plus, the obligation takes away from her bro-status, really.
It might be her job. But you were a lost cause and she still stuck with you.

It started as a job. But she became a bro along the way.
Accept Madoka as your new God.

User Info: Kohlrak

Kohlrak
1 week ago#72
P1GM4N posted...
Revenge by itself isn’t a bro thing but the reason as to why a person is getting revenge can be. Again, you said yourself that looking out for a friend or loved one is the bro thing to do and Doomguy sort of is in this case but the difference is that he was simply too late. If he found her much earlier, then he certainly would have protected her.

How many people do you think would jump straight back into hell with no definite way back out for a rabbit? This wasn’t revenge for himself, this was revenge for his bunny.

But revenge doesn't help the bunny.

demon_cleaner posted...
What's wrong with one night stands?

I could go into alot of things, but "devalues the woman" would probably summarize all of them. We could also go into the risks it puts yourself under, but dudebro's not thinking about that, so that's a separate issue. Dudebro, however, would know that a one night stand with a woman devalues her, even if she's already a hoe. And if she is a hoe, he should be cockblocking you for your own safety.
To hell with taking seriously this fascist site. I'll go to where the moderation either isn't arbitrary or doesn't exist, preferably the latter.

Kohlrak
1 week ago#73
Chaos-15 posted...
It might be her job. But you were a lost cause and she still stuck with you.

It started as a job. But she became a bro along the way.

That's a bit more fair, but the obligation bit ends the bro. However, where it stops being obligation, that's where it becomes bro. As far as i'm concerned, that starts with whomever you tackle first. IIRC, she's only obligated to help you loose your virginity.
To hell with taking seriously this fascist site. I'll go to where the moderation either isn't arbitrary or doesn't exist, preferably the latter.

User Info: demon_cleaner

demon_cleaner
1 week ago#74
P1GM4N posted...
The fact is that he cared for them and knew the ramifications that would occur if he ever disobeyed his superior. He could have just gone with it and the whole incident would’ve been swept under the rug as mere casualties but he took it a step further and punched his commanding officer’s jaw off as a show of defiance.
I like how he does basically the same thing in the ending of Doom 64 when he seals himself into Hell.
Doomguy is definitely a bro. He's also a pretty interesting character, if you think a little about the things he does.

Chaos-15
1 week ago#75
Kohlrak posted...
That's a bit more fair, but the obligation bit ends the bro. However, where it stops being obligation, that's where it becomes bro. As far as i'm concerned, that starts with whomever you tackle first. IIRC, she's only obligated to help you loose your virginity.
Now that you mention yeah. Her job was to only to get you laid.

Kyu is a role model to all bros everywhere, and we could learn from her.

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
1 week ago#76
Chaos-15 posted...
Now that you mention yeah. Her job was to only to get you laid.

Kyu is a role model to all bros everywhere, and we could learn from her.
if she helps everyone, she helps no one
The official Dragon Quest VIII Hero of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate boards
My game collection: https://i.imgur.com/2DGX7e1.jpg https://i.imgur.com/gj9Kg9B.jpg

User Info: demon_cleaner

demon_cleaner
1 week ago#77
Kohlrak posted...
I could go into alot of things, but "devalues the woman" would probably summarize all of them. We could also go into the risks it puts yourself under, but dudebro's not thinking about that, so that's a separate issue. Dudebro, however, would know that a one night stand with a woman devalues her, even if she's already a hoe. And if she is a hoe, he should be cockblocking you for your own safety.
Sounds kinda sexist? Why would it devalue only the woman and not the man? If both parties are agreeing to it, it's about as harmless as having a beer or playing Smash together.

Chaos-15
1 week ago#78
DuranmanX4 posted...
if she helps everyone, she helps no one
She only helps those in need.

Kohlrak
1 week ago#79
demon_cleaner posted...
Sounds kinda sexist? Why would it devalue only the woman and not the man? If both parties are agreeing to it, it's about as harmless as having a beer or playing Smash together.

I always love this one. The old hat is that a key that can open many locks is a good key, but a lock that opens to many keys is a bad lock, but that's too easy. I could go into the whole "roast beef' and such, but now days, that's too sexist. Frankly, the big one, that no one wants to talk about, is the "biological clock." On average, men prefer younger women who have more fertility, and women prefer older men, who have more resources. This is how human evolution (regardless if you believe in young earth or old earth) has worked for a long, long time. A man, whether we like it or not, can measure himself by how far his genes spread, while a woman is almost guaranteed that hers spread (but a man largely hasn't been throughout history). Men, also, can spread their genes even later in life than a woman can. So the woman's value depreciates as she's not only used, but as she's not finding a permanent partner and growing older. This may be sexist, but this is nature, and until we can change that, this is how things work. Don't think for one minute this puts all the pressure on women, as it's still true that a woman is far more likely to spread her genes than a man.

EDIT: And an odd little peculiarity that i've noticed. Women are far more open with sharing a man than a man is with sharing a woman. If polygamy were legalized, while we would see both combinations, men having multiple wives would be far, far more common than women with multiple husbands. As for they LGBT, those numbers would be even more interesting, but i can't really predict more than homosexuality within polygamist marriages that include both sexes.

User Info: Red_Rosemon

Red_Rosemon
1 week ago#80
What the actual f*** happened to this topic?
Red Rosemon: You are missing out on the best boobs in town right now.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you prefer female waifu anime characters or male western dudebro characters?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers