• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. So when do you think Fighter #5 will drop?

User Info: RoIIaRova

RoIIaRova
6 days ago#1
When? - Results (179 votes)
Right after the presentation
63.13% (113 votes)
The day after
7.82% (14 votes)
Next week
2.79% (5 votes)
A couple weeks time
7.26% (13 votes)
Next month
17.88% (32 votes)
Other
1.12% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What's happening now is a first for the Fighter's Pass, and as we're coming up to the end of the initially stated deadline, when do you think Fighter #5 will be released?

Personally I think it'll be the day after. No reason, just a feeling.
Official Rex & Pyra of the Smash Ultimate board
Last Game Beaten: Pokemon Sword

User Info: NicoRobin007

NicoRobin007
6 days ago#2
I'm in the minority after voting apparently. I think it'll be February. If they have more DLC after this, even if #5 is ready, probably better to just space it out and give themselves more time for future DLC since it wasn't promised until February. But who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if it was released after the presentation either.
6/11/19- Sakurai granted my wish and ended 20 years of hoping. Guh-huh!
Still low key hoping for Toad/Dixie in Smash one day. And a Banjo game.

User Info: RoIIaRova

RoIIaRova
6 days ago#3
NicoRobin007 posted...
I'm in the minority after voting apparently. I think it'll be February. If they have more DLC after this, even if #5 is ready, probably better to just space it out and give themselves more time for future DLC since it wasn't promised until February. But who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if it was released after the presentation either.
Yeah, that's the thing. They said all characters by February 2020, but really we aren't sure does that mean January or not (specially as it was probably translated from Japanese). Guess we'll see.
Official Rex & Pyra of the Smash Ultimate board
Last Game Beaten: Pokemon Sword

User Info: DKU_Arich

DKU_Arich
6 days ago#4
If Banjo and Terry presentations are of any consideration, probably the day of.
3DS friend code = 2320-7567-3830

User Info: Lorulian

Lorulian
6 days ago#5
Highly unlikely that Sakurai knew that he was going to finish FP5 exactly on February, a year in advance

That being said, I think Sakurai might sit on FP5 until February...even if it's complete. Just to give themselves a break and/or more time for Season 2
Currently Playing: Pokemon Sword, Outer Worlds, Death Stranding, FF9, FE Three Houses, Link's Awakening, Xenoblade 2, DB FighterZ, Smash Ultimate

User Info: IdontcaresoFoff

IdontcaresoFoff
6 days ago#6
Feb 29, 2020.

Or sometime around then.
Gimme Geno.

User Info: NE_OC

NE_OC
6 days ago#7
I was thinking that, since the fighter pass said it would be done by February 2020, and we're getting kinda close to the deadline without knowing who the last character even is, that Sakurai was planning to reveal and release it. Kinda like Lucas and Ryu in Smash 4 (except the leaks ruined that one)

Then again I might be completely wrong and they'll actually wait until February
Official Scathach of the Fate/Grand Order board ~ http://i.imgur.com/GvjB9ac.jpg
Little Samson is my most wanted for Smash Bros. Ultimate

User Info: FireSonic

FireSonic
6 days ago#8
i could see it being released after the presentation, though the only thing that might mean that it won't is getting the patch last week as opposed to this week to make some amiibos compatible
Switch FC: 3700-2265-8524

User Info: NicoRobin007

NicoRobin007
6 days ago#9
RoIIaRova posted...
Yeah, that's the thing. They said all characters by February 2020, but really we aren't sure does that mean January or not (specially as it was probably translated from Japanese). Guess we'll see.

Yeah I think it just means February at the latest, but generally companies wait until the latest. I guess maybe if development on future DLC is ahead of schedule, there's no harm in releasing 5 early, though. Or they could just have a big gap between releases since there's no promised deadline after 5 yet. Wouldn't be surprised either way.
6/11/19- Sakurai granted my wish and ended 20 years of hoping. Guh-huh!
Still low key hoping for Toad/Dixie in Smash one day. And a Banjo game.

User Info: Miraclechao

Miraclechao
6 days ago#10
Before March
Do the impossible and link me to a Wario Doujinshi, proof of Lip being confirmed for Smash, or a sequel to Billy Hatcher.
http://tinyurl.com/HereIsMySig ( ^w^)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. So when do you think Fighter #5 will drop?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers