• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Design a specials moveset for a character that can't get in

User Info: Rethalwolf

Rethalwolf
1 month ago#1
I had this idea while thinking about the grapple and how Spiderman would need an up special like that, but obviously he can't be added. It got me thinking, it could be fun to design some basic movesets for characters which can never be in!
Ex:
Starkiller (actually he might have more of a chance than most SW characters but let's assume he's impossible... I chose him over Vader only for Force Lightning):
B: Force Lightning: Starkiller drains his Force Meter to electrocute an enemy, raising their % and holding them in place. Arcs to enemies near the target.
Up B: Force Push: Starkiller force pushes straight down, spiking enemies below him as he rockets upward. If used on the ground, nearby enemies are pushed back from the shockwave. If held while on the ground, he instead will charge up the push and push forward, launching enemies backward and tripping them when they land.
Down B: Mind Trick: Works like Disable
Side B: Lightsaber Throw: Starkiller throws one of his lightsabers forward. If he uses this twice, he cannot use his basic attacks until one of his lightsabers returns to him. If he uses Force Lightning quickly after throwing a Lightsaber, it will become electrified and electrocute and stun enemies when they touch the ground. Starkiller can charge this attack to throw the lightsaber further.
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
1 month ago#2
Goku

Neutral Special Kamehameha
Up Special Flying Nimbus
Side Special Power Pole
Down Special Janken
Final Smash Great Ape
The official Dragon Quest VIII Hero of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate boards
My game collection: https://i.imgtc.ws/mDiH2Jc.jpg https://i.imgtc.ws/kfs7GI8.jpg

User Info: ObeseCity

ObeseCity
1 month ago#3
Batman

Neutral Special: Batarang (Self-explanatory)

Up Special: Bat Swarm (Based on his intro animation from Injustice, and functions like Palutena’s Warp)

Side Special: Cape Stun (Works like Disable, taken from the Arkham games. Can reflect projectiles if used at the right time)

Down Special: Explosive Gel (Like Snake’s C4. You can lay up to three of them at a time or lay down a single, large one with a powerful explosion)

Final Smash: Bat Family (Another cameo-centric Final Smash that summons Nightwing, Batgirl, Red Hood, Tim Drake, and Damian Wayne assaulting opponents before they get run over by the Batmobile)

As a bonus, he has an Arkham Asylum stage with a s***load of cameos from the Rouges Gallery. They each have their own effect on the stage, like Spear Pillar.

Among these cameos are:
Joker and Harley Quinn
Bane
Scarecrow
The Riddler
The Penguin
Two-Face
Mr. Freeze
Poison Ivy
Clayface

And a few cameos that are just there for show:
Catwoman
Deathstroke
Mad Hatter
Scarface
Ra’s Al Ghul
Man-Bat
Killer Croc
Mr. Zsasz
Hugo Strange
"To be or not to be, that is the question"
-Albert Einstein, The Bible

Rethalwolf
1 month ago#4
ObeseCity posted...
Batman

Neutral Special: Batarang (Self-explanatory)

Up Special: Bat Swarm (Based on his intro animation from Injustice, and functions like Palutena’s Warp)

Side Special: Cape Stun (Works like Disable, taken from the Arkham games. Can reflect projectiles if used at the right time)

Down Special: Explosive Gel (Like Snake’s C4. You can lay up to three of them at a time or lay down a single, large one with a powerful explosion)

Final Smash: Bat Family (Another cameo-centric Final Smash that summons Nightwing, Batgirl, Red Hood, Tim Drake, and Damian Wayne assaulting opponents before they get run over by the Batmobile)

No grappling hook? Considering how much you drew from Arkham, I'm surprised. Especially because he could do that super-hook thing and fly up for some death-from-above attacks.

But to be fair I don't remember his intro in Injustice
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."

User Info: ObeseCity

ObeseCity
1 month ago#5
Rethalwolf posted...
No grappling hook? Considering how much you drew from Arkham, I'm surprised. Especially because he could do that super-hook thing and fly up for some death-from-above attacks.

But to be fair I don't remember his intro in Injustice
I think his Grappling Hook could be a grab that also makes for a good horizontal recovery, like Link and Samus
"To be or not to be, that is the question"
-Albert Einstein, The Bible

Rethalwolf
1 month ago#6
ObeseCity posted...
I think his Grappling Hook could be a grab that also makes for a good horizontal recovery, like Link and Samus
Oh, duh, good call. It would be cool if he could do the zoom thing from the Arkham games... forgot the name for it.

User Info: Lyncario

Lyncario
1 month ago#7
Judai Yuki(Yu-Gi-Oh GX)(include season 4)

Neutral B: Neos force(Judai summon Neos, and attack the oponent in front if him with a flurry of attacks)
Down B: Phantom Pain(Judai summon Yubel, and guard. If the oponent attack, he will get caught by vines, and take the damage and knocback Judai would have got. Doesn't reflect projectiles, but Phantom Pain can affect oponent from anywhere in the map)
Up B: Skydive Scorcher(Judai summon Flame Wingman, with who he will rise up in the air with flames surrounding him, before diving into the ground, similar to Incineroar up B, but he initialy goes diagonaly)
Side B: Neos fusions(Neos will be summoned in one of his fusionned forms, where he attacks, and his forms change at each use. Flame Neos launch an homing fireball, Aqua Neos throw a torrent of water, Wind Neos shoot air, which is a windbox, Earth Neos use his drill, which does massive damage and knocback, Light Neos throw his light spear, Dark Neos use a wave of darkness)

Final Smash: God Neos/Neos Wiseman( Judai strike a pose, which cause nearby oponents to be caught in a cinematic final Smash. Judai summon God Neos, who attack the trapped oponents with legendary strike. If no one is caught in the final Smash, he instead use Super Fusion to create Neos Wiseman, who attack with Ultima Nova, in a way similar to Samus's final smash).
Welcome to hell, also known as life. So come ready to die, welcome to hell!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dziFRSwVC9U

User Info: Cameron1058

Cameron1058
1 month ago#8
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YOaTc_GwZekzhgNPzf1Wxz_vYdmx-4hDP2l8r2jHiMM
Bomberman will always be my most wanted! He may be dead now, but soon he'll rise from Assist Trophy hell and become playable!
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Design a specials moveset for a character that can't get in
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers