• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Are You Satisfied With The Current Roater?

User Info: MARl0

MARl0
6 days ago#11
Neo_Dekar posted...
Sorry for the typo.

No forgiveness.
Currently playing: Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4)

User Info: notok

notok
6 days ago#12
It's ok/alright
https://imgur.com/a/8F17hbu https://imgur.com/a/YpFSEQX https://imgur.com/a/eYaISaN https://imgur.com/a/jCxlc26
Rip bomb man & purple man Hoping for agumon

User Info: Geminosity

Geminosity
6 days ago#13
No.

I'm not going to say it's bad, as a decent portion of it are protags repping a lot of well known or influential series so it's obviously achieving that goal which I'd assume is what they're setting out to do... but it does absolutely nothing for me personally.

I don't really like Protags/MCs in most things so whenever they add a series I like it'll unfortunately end up being the character I didn't play in said game (in fighters I simply wouldn't pick them, e.g. in SNK games I always played Kula Diamond, Athena, Yuri, Momo, Nakoruru, etc and never, ever picked Terry) or they'd basically be benched whenever possible (e.g. for me Xenoblade Chronicles 2 might as well have been retitled 'Nia Chronicles' because I only ever played Rex when I was forced to)

It's never been a problem before in other games as most have some support-type peeps that appeal to me (often multiple), but smash has always been that one unique series that almost feels like it hand-crafts it's roster choices to purposefully avoid appealing to me :P
Shame, as I love the mechanics, hence why I've been playing since 64 but not once have I ever really had much love for the game's roster.

I don't even need a whole bunch of peeps to change my mind about it either. There are some fighters I love the roster of even though I only play a single character on it... because all I really seem to need to be happy is one playable I click with.

User Info: ON020

ON020
6 days ago#14
I was satisfied long ago.

Hard not to be satisfied when there's 70+ characters.
FC: 4983-4934-6753

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
6 days ago#15
ON020 posted...

Because more is always better, no exceptions
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

ON020
6 days ago#16
Gargomon251 posted...
ON020 posted...

With a roster like this?

Yeah. Nintendo has all of their big guns in and then some other good characters.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
6 days ago#17
ON020 posted...
Gargomon251 posted...
ON020 posted...

With a roster like this?

Yeah. Nintendo has all of their big guns in and then some other good characters.

And then some bad characters like Duck Hunt and Daisy
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

ON020
6 days ago#18
Gargomon251 posted...
ON020 posted...
Gargomon251 posted...
ON020 posted...

With a roster like this?

Who cares by this point

User Info: Geminosity

Geminosity
6 days ago#19
ON020 posted...
Gargomon251 posted...
ON020 posted...
Gargomon251 posted...
ON020 posted...

With a roster like this?

Who cares by this point

Well... I can't pretend I'm overjoyed when I see a character added that very few people end up playing and even fewer people wanted. Mostly thinking of peeps like Ice Climbers and Piranha Plant when I say that.
If I already had a character I was satisfied with then I wouldn't care (e.g. Soul Calibur 6 could add absolutely any character and I wouldn't mind because I already have a main I'm hype about) but because I don't and we're approaching 100 characters now, additions like that start to feel like rubbing salt in the wound :P

That's not to try and say those who like those characters are wrong though, everyone likes different things after all. Sadly I feel like the roster is mostly appealing to the same subsections of the fanbase most of the time now but Sakurai just does what he wants I guess.

User Info: LegoBlozZ

LegoBlozZ
6 days ago#20
You know some people would pay to get get rid of a character on the roster

Someone made a topic about it
LegoBlozZZZZ
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Are You Satisfied With The Current Roater?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers