• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: KoalaMan2019

KoalaMan2019
6 days ago#1
I played smash Bros 3ds and loved it - even smash run! However, since buying ultimate I've only been enjoying smash mode and that's about it. Adventure mode and classic both seem a little boring and I've started to wonder whether it's been worth £50 or not, as I could play smash mode on my 3ds with just 16 less characters. I've heard that the online mode is laggy and haven't had the best experience of that myself so what else is going for it? Is it worth £50 just for 16 more fighters? I'd like some second opinions.

Side Note: I do really enjoy playing smash mode against different level bots and trying to find the best main, my only issue is whether ultimate is an upgrade to 3ds other than Adventure (which I don't like).

User Info: Knuxdontchuckle

Knuxdontchuckle
6 days ago#2
online isn’t that bad. matchmaking is more the issue for me than anything.
i'm the fighting freak knuckles. tough as nails. unlike sonic i don't chuckle.

User Info: demon_cleaner

demon_cleaner
6 days ago#3
Online isn't worse than it was in Smash 4.
Gameplay is slightly faster and slightly less forgiving.
Character roster is way f***ing better but maybe you wouldn't care too much about it.

User Info: ZenithianHero

ZenithianHero
6 days ago#4
It's worth it. Have you checked the roster? It is full of neat newcomers and cut fighters not in 3DS and they finally put out some villains that was missing past few entries like Ridley and K.Rool. The stages from other Smash entries are there too.

Adventure mode is more or less a massive mission mode. There's bosses and you may unlock fighters in a different/better order than with other modes.

Classic mode is themed for each character and the Adventure mode bosses are assigned to certain characters.

The overlap and how certain mechanics and ideas for 3DS version is different, you experience different modes and such. If you like Smash it's worth playing both entries.
My blog | http://zenithianhero.tumblr.com/
Sega news site | http://www.segalization.com/

User Info: kirbyakaZ

kirbyakaZ
6 days ago#5
Have you played world of light?
<("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)
Kirby Dance

User Info: GammaDelta

GammaDelta
6 days ago#6
Wait. Do you wanna know how good we think Ultimate is just to know our thoughts, or to see if you should keep playing or if you should sell the game or give it to someone else?

Mes propos reposent sur des annees de recherche.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
6 days ago#7
demon_cleaner posted...
Online isn't worse than it was in Smash 4.

*cries in Quickplay*
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: demon_cleaner

demon_cleaner
6 days ago#8
Gargomon251 posted...
*cries in Quickplay*
Yeah... But the rooms aren't that bad.
The thing I really miss from Smash 4 is using tags as a pseudo-chat.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
6 days ago#9
demon_cleaner posted...
Gargomon251 posted...
*cries in Quickplay*
Yeah... But the rooms aren't that bad.
The thing I really miss from Smash 4 is using tags as a pseudo-chat.

But you have REAL chat now. Text (mostly) AND voice.

Also, quickplay is a mess because you never know what the rules will be, and you can't turn off GSP
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: KoalaMan2019

KoalaMan2019
6 days ago#10
GammaDelta posted...
Wait. Do you wanna know how good we think Ultimate is just to know our thoughts, or to see if you should keep playing or if you should sell the game or give it to someone else?

Definitely not getting rid of it, just curious and wondering myself whether it was money well spent.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers