• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Would you prefer a Pokémon Sw/Sh or Fire Emblem: Three Houses fighter?

User Info: Expa0

Expa0
2 days ago#51
zoroark14 posted...
Expa0 posted...
Pokemon.

Three Houses character would most likely mean one of the main characters, Byleth in particular be just terrible. Not to mention I'd prefer for that game to not get any more attention since it's another pretty bad entry in the series overall.
3 house?? Bad??
very funny. Next you’re going to tell me sword and shield are one of the best Pokémon games to date.

Well maybe bad is a bit of a strong word, more like mediocre specifically for the series for the reasons that I gave a few posts ago:

-Slowed down gameplay pacing compared to every other entry in the series with the possible expection of FE4, this one is particularly bad since the relatively quick pace for the genre has always been one of FEs strongest points. (I'm referring to the Monastery stuff, all the extra menuing that comes with the class system and whatnot, even the load times are slow, basically way too much time is spent not playing)
-A tiny roster of units doesn't lend itself well to the permadeath mechanic whatsoever.
-Almost everyone being a trainee and available at the start kills unit inviduality.
-The class system is terribly unbalanced
-Paralogue map rewards are broken
-Generally lackluster map design
-Way too easy (Unless you pick Maddening which in turn turns the game into a total slog)

Basically my problem is that it feels like the game goes out of it's way to change itself to be some poor man's FF Tactics instead of focusing on what made FE great to begin with

And no I'm not going to say that Sw/Sh are the best, they're among the weaker ones mainly for the forced exp.share and super linear areas/no dungeons/lack of exploration and general lack of content. But at least it's still Pokemon unlike FE which just seems to be straying further from what the series used to be.
"Cower before the might of the magic Imhullu: once forbidden, now unleashed!"
-Gharnef (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon)
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Ice_Dragon14

Ice_Dragon14
2 days ago#52
If Pokemon keeps going the route of only adding the most recent gens Lucario or Greninja I know I'm not going to get anything I want. Meanwhile with TH, there's a slight possibility of Claude which is my 2nd favorite character from that game. Even the more likely choices of Byleth or Edelgard I still like
FEH teams: http://tinyurl.com/y4ojrx25 http://tinyurl.com/y66at8tp
DL Units: https://imgur.com/a/Ix0lVW7

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
2 days ago#53
I'd like both. Edie and Toxtricity please.
Playing:
PS4: Death Stranding, Jedi Fallen Order. Switch: Pokemon Sword. 3DS: Pokemon Moon. Mobile: Dragon Quest III. SNES Mini: Donkey Kong Country

User Info: Eyemeralds

Eyemeralds
2 days ago#54
True question
Who is best boy?
Rillaboom or Claude?
Team 1st Party DLC Signatures (2) == https://bit.ly/31Cyb5Y
The 128+ Roster! == https://tinyurl.com/y9g9ws27
Toxtricity please.
Official Ravio of the Smash Bros. Ultimate Message Board
Most Wanted is Crash Bandicoot. Banjo is in boys! Supporting Tails, Skull Kid and Waluigi
Give me Dimitri or give me death.

User Info: RK800_Connor

RK800_Connor
2 days ago#57
Expa0 posted...
Well maybe bad is a bit of a strong word, more like mediocre specifically for the series for the reasons that I gave a few posts ago:

And no I'm not going to say that Sw/Sh are the best, they're among the weaker ones mainly for the forced exp.share and super linear areas/no dungeons/lack of exploration and general lack of content. But at least it's still Pokemon unlike FE which just seems to be straying further from what the series used to be.
That's actually a good thing
- I'm a machine, designed to accomplish a task. I know why I exist and who designed me. I have a reason to live. I guess that's the difference between us.

User Info: HValle

HValle
2 days ago#58
i prefer Fire Emblem over Pokémon S/S in any scenario
The C is for Courage, just another word for brave
O! Oh my god, what a very handsome knaive

User Info: Expa0

Expa0
2 days ago#59
RK800_Connor posted...
Expa0 posted...

That's actually a good thing

If you didn't like the past entries, sure. FE had such an unique vibe to it, it just makes me so sad to see it turn to "just" another SRPG.

Though to give 3 Houses some credit I'm glad they at least dropped the massively restrictive pair-up mechanic and overabundant fanservice that plagued the 3DS games.
"Cower before the might of the magic Imhullu: once forbidden, now unleashed!"
-Gharnef (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon)
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
2 days ago#60
Pokémon of course. New Pokémon are the only thing S/S has going for it, might as well capitalize on them and give them more push. Even if the G8 offerings are pretty bad it still beats having yet another generic human from generic high fantasy.
Everything will be fire.
(edited 2 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Would you prefer a Pokémon Sw/Sh or Fire Emblem: Three Houses fighter?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers