• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Master Chief is not disconfirmed

User Info: MegamanRockX2

MegamanRockX2
6 days ago#1
"lol his creator said he wasnt in"

meanwhile in Sora circlejerk zone "IT'S JUST PR TALK HES NOT DISCONFIRMED"
Rikurikumore: "In due time, doubter. In due time."

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
6 days ago#2
I think we are all overestimating the popularity of the last character
The official Dragon Quest VIII Hero of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate boards
My game collection: https://i.imgtc.ws/mDiH2Jc.jpg https://i.imgtc.ws/kfs7GI8.jpg

User Info: MegamanRockX2

MegamanRockX2
6 days ago#3
DuranmanX4 posted...

We are, it could be f***ing Koopa Troopa for all we know
Rikurikumore: "In due time, doubter. In due time."

User Info: SparkyForce

SparkyForce
6 days ago#4
DuranmanX4 posted...

Yeah, I agree.

While I think it makes more sense for them to add a popular, more mainstream character, it could be anyone.
I like the idea of a cool, retro character tbh.
I main Captain Falcon in SSBU.
R.I.P. Resident Evil fighter.

User Info: Dinah713

Dinah713
6 days ago#5
I like you. The only one that uses disconfirmed and not deconfirmed alongside me that i've seen. Deconfirmed isn't even a word.
I support KOS-MOS for Smash Ultimate!

User Info: Rethalwolf

Rethalwolf
6 days ago#6
Dinah713 posted...
I like you. The only one that uses disconfirmed and not deconfirmed alongside me that i've seen. Deconfirmed isn't even a word.
Disconfirmed also doesn't mean what people use deconfirmed for. If anything anti-confirmed (not a word) or disaffirmed is closest

Also 343i is known to have lied in the past, and it's possible that Frank was left out of the loop or his knowledge was, or has become, outdated. Further, he's not the creator, just a higher-up in the company that manages the Halo franchise. He wouldn't even have the final word on Chief, and to keep things under wraps he might even be bypassed.
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."

User Info: TCoolio

TCoolio
6 days ago#7
Rethalwolf posted...
Disconfirmed also doesn't mean what people use deconfirmed for. If anything anti-confirmed (not a word) or disaffirmed is closest

Also 343i is known to have lied in the past, and it's possible that Frank was left out of the loop or his knowledge was, or has become, outdated. Further, he's not the creator, just a higher-up in the company that manages the Halo franchise. He wouldn't even have the final word on Chief, and to keep things under wraps he might even be bypassed.
Or the fact that Steve Mayles & Grant Kirkhope lied about Banjo getting into Smash Ultimate as DLC weeks prior to the Duo’s reveal. In other words Frank just like Mayles & Kirkhope had no say in the matter of their characters inclusions to other games outside their starring Franchises, only person that can make that decision is the same guy that said “it would be Great to have Banjo in Super Smash Bros” - Phil Spencer (Executive Vice-President of Xbox Brand)
The Anarchist that proved that Banjo-Kazooie is Super Smash Bros Ultimate Bound and Steve is Not. You can call me the Nostradamus of Super Smash Bros Ultimate

User Info: Rethalwolf

Rethalwolf
6 days ago#8
TCoolio posted...
Or the fact that Steve Mayles & Grant Kirkhope lied about Banjo getting into Smash Ultimate as DLC weeks prior to the Duo’s reveal. In other words Frank just like Mayles & Kirkhope had no say in the matter of their characters inclusions to other games outside their starring Franchises, only person that can make that decision is the same guy that said “it would be Great to have Banjo in Super Smash Bros” - Phil Spencer (Executive Vice-President of Xbox Brand)
Basically. There's nothing solid going against Chief and actually quite a bit in his favor.
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Master Chief is not disconfirmed
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers